Quantcast

Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

Havana

Canadian Thomas Gisby, reportedly between 47 and 50 years old, was shot twice in the head at close range by two men around 9 a.m. on Saturday, April 28th, in the Paradise Plaza Mall in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico.

Gisby, who had just placed his order at a Starbucks in the mall, died at the scene. The Mexican newspaper El Universal reported that the suspects fled in a Volkswagen Jetta, and that one suspect was arrested by Mexican police.

The paper Noticia Terra has given a slightly different account, reporting that one of the killers escaped on public transit, with Mr. Gisby having been shot in the chest.

Both accounts agree that the weapon of choice was a Magnum 44.

Nuevo Vallarta is on Mexico’s Pacific coast, in the State of Jalisco, only a few miles north of the popular resort town of Puerto Vallarta.

Mr. Gisby appeared to be living quite well. He was a resident of the Green Bay Condominium complex, on the El Tigre golf course.

The (normally very tranquil) Paradise Plaza Mall

Gisby, a well-known drug trafficker, had previously been targeted in an explosion in Whistler, B.C., in January of this year. At that time Gisby and another man were camping in an RV in a public parking lot when someone detonated explosives, apparently trying to kill them. Both victims received minor injuries in the blast.

Police said then that the explosion was believed to be gang-related. Gisby had links to both the Hells Angels and Dhak group, and had been involved in the drug trade in BC for more than 20 years.

Death of alleged B.C. gangster stirs retaliation fears

The Dhak group has been the subject of retaliatory hits since last summer's daylight murder in Kelowna, BC, of Red Scorpion Jonathon Bacon. Hells Angel associate Larry Amero was also wounded in that shooting.

Canadian police believehttp://blogs.vancouversun.com/tag/dhak-group/, which has also been the subject of retaliatory hits, are involved in a turf war with elements of the Hells Angels, the Independent Soldiers, and the Red Scorpions gang, which is now largely out of commission.

The Dhak group has been around for some time. In 1998 gangster Bindy Johal was killed in a nightclub. As well, in October 2010, Gurmit Singh Dhak lost in his life in a targeted hit – the second known attempt on his life.

BC traffickers have been active in Mexico in recent years, but it seems they have met their match in a drug market that is quick to settle scores violently.

In Mexico, traffickers don’t fail when they try to blow up their enemies in RVs. That seems almost comical. Instead, they hire a sicario, or assassin, for a few hundred bucks.

If the sicario fails, he usually dies, too, so the success rate tends to be very high.

Gisby is the sixth BC man with links to local drug trade who has been shot to death in Mexico in recent years. The Pacific coast, and particularly the Puerto Vallarta area, as well as the inland city of Guadalajara, also in the state of Jalisco, seem to be places of interest for Canadian traffickers.

Link

Link

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

Siskiyou_Kid
This story was posted a few day ago on the forum, but here's another photo.

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

Havana
Whoops what an absolute moron I am!  And you know it isn't the first time I've done that. I just missed that one.   I'll delete it after I go lick my wounds for a bit!  Maybe my embarrassment will teach me to go back and search.  Well, thanks for telling me and the picture.  Look at all those links  = Waste of time + idiot =  Smiley killing himself

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

OhTheCalIsOnYou
The Toronto Sun today had the story that he was shot twice in the head.  I don't know which story is accurate, however if I was on the hit team, I'd shoot him twice in the head and a couple times in the heart and lungs just to make sure.  So maybe both stories tell half the truth ?
SO MANY MAD BROS, SO LITTLE TIME...

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

Havana
Jaja! Good strategy on your part just to be sure.

Reports have been all over the place on his body on this one.  Dead is dead after a while.

Some reports say 9 at night but most say 9 am.  I think it is 9 am.  Most Starbucks are shut by 9 where I live.

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

Pinchegringo
Did he at least get to enjoy his double mocha choco-latte?

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

Havana
This post was updated on .
I don't have that info. Pinche but I'd like to have it. Here's an idea if I get the number maybe someone could call  or run over there and see what they say..

Puerto Vallarta Online ... Teléfono: +52 (322) 221-3387, ... en 34 países, Starbucks es una de las franquicias más populares del mundo. ... 82% No 18% De 22 usuarios. General, Stars. Comida, Bars. Servicio, Bars ... por judith de mexico ...

www.los-horarios.mx/.../Puerto-Vallarta/Starbucks... - Translate this page
Horarios de apertura de Starbucks MALECON PVR, Zaragoza 160, Colonia Centro, 48300 Puerto Vallarta (Restaurantes y copas / Bar, Café, Cafetería) ... Enviar estos horarios a un amigo por email Añadir esta tienda a mis favoritos ... Mirar el plano. Teléfono No anunciado. Página web www.starbucks.com.mx. Categorías ...

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

The Black Mask
XXXVIII-4C

XXXVIII-4C

@TBM  Hi, I apologize to you.  Sincerely. I should have taken this down already out of simple courtesy to the original post which is what I do when I usually make this mistake (that I seem never to learn from).  I really never saw your post until after Siskiyou Kid told me to wake up and smell the Starbucks (so to speak). Your post was good, I'd never be redundant on purpose, maybe I could have added something in a comment section.  I just spent so much time on the links etc. I figured I'd just leave it up a little bit.  Now, I'm all attached like to a new puppy and a certifiable head case, it seems as well/  I'm having trouble hitting the delete button. I can do it, I will do it. Thanks for not yelling.

XXXVIII-4C

That's good, Black Mask, the added article, thank you very much!  And thanks for your kindness letting me keep the post up.
AJ

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

AJ
Lesson to be learned:

There are no safe spots in Mexico. You can die at anytime and anywhere in any state or city of mexico. Does'nt matter if it's Juarez or Baja California. And if a cartel wants you dead, they will get you one way or another.

This guy was a first class douche bag who died too easily. Seems like everybody wanted him dead. He was probably a snitch. He was lucky to not have been kidnapped and tortured and then beheaded.

CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

Windycitykid
Seems like this guy chose the wrong side, BLO hit or vice versa.
"Great minds have purpose, others have wishes" - Washington Irvin

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

drattler
Reprisals,that is Latin not Canadian, wonder how they knew it was a .44 remember that Idiot shooting a Desert Eagle in the air,on the you tube clip, just bet there are not many .44 autos in Mexico, it would be interesting to know who that field hand was.

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

Mask..

That was amazing what you did.  It is easy to double post but everyone should look.  if it is not on the first page does not mean it is not there a search with key words will bring it up.

I immediately take down a double and post any added info on comments or send directly to the original poster.

of course it will "be better" days later, as additional info comes in.

But very nice effort on your part.

about canadian narcos have really grown I did a post on mainboard after another recent execution with photos and a great viedo by CBC featuring Walter McCay about canadian drugtraffickers in Mx and visa versa  read my post here:

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/03/canadian-gangsters-in-over-their-heads.html

1-10-SIEMPRE

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

The Black Mask
XXXVIII-4C

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

Klappstulle
Rookie!!!!

I would have finished him off, by showing him a picture of my mother in law

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

Believer
Havana!
Where are you? Why have'nt you answered TBM? Especially since he was s nice to you... and I'm curious.
PS I si true you are a girl? ...

Re: Canadian Gangster Gunned Down at Starbucks in Nuevo Vallarta

Havana
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Okay, okay here I am!  Hola Believer and TBM-Sorry about the delay.

I heard the suspect was Mexican.  That is just about all I know.  I heard it, I can't substantiate with the written word.  So shoot me.  No please don't.  I just was working.