Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

Kab

Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

Kab
Early in President Trump's term he labeled multiple countries as shit holes.

Now we can safely put Mexico in the same category.

I'm no Trump cheerleader, even though I knew he had a great chance of winning the grand price.  I'm a proudly naturalized American born in Mexico, and there has never been a better time to be a Mexican in the USA. (i.e. DACA)

I've been following the war of drugs for over 15 years and been involved on this forums for 10+ years.  I've seen it all, the killing and trophy lay out of "El botas blancas", the rise and fall of the Zetas and their Trevino leader killed(shot on the back), the jailing and escape of El Chapo, Oziel Cardenas with CDG in their prime, "La Barbie" who started the video taping of kills/turtores of rivals, the death of "El señor de los cielos (operation accident if memory serves me), and the amazing rise if the current big dog CJNG.  Seen the disgusting videos (educational purposes), seen the lavish lifestyles (Instagram posters lol, this cracks me up), seen past governors finally getting their due and arrested, I've seen it all, been following it all.

I've seen Mexico go from a third world country to a second world, when the people were happier, poor but happy, and full of aspiration.  This cancer, the cartels, since the war of drugs started, pushed Mexico back at least two decades and if AMLO can pull it off, it'll take at least another decade or two to kill this cancer, and bring Mexico back to where it left off.

As it is now, my home state is a war zone, Guanajuato, and honestly, I'm not stepping foot in that shit hole of a country for a looong while.  Here is hoping that things will be better two decades from now, and maybe, just maybe, I'll go visit my home country.  I'll be 50 by then, so crossing my fingers.

Sorry if any sensitive people get butt hurt, but this is the reality if things.

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

dcm90
And the USA is a paradise with school shootings almost daily. What other country in the world is having a opiod crisis because of living shallow lives only design to work 16 hours a day 6 days a week in a neoliberal market paradise?
And maybe Mexico wouldn't be in such state if it didn't have the biggest weapon dealer and drug consumer next door.
Oh that andnthe Cocaine import agency bringing lots democracy and freedom to latin America since the contras time. (not even bringing up all the happiness, democracy and prosperity they brought with destroying secular governments in the ME and supporting Sunni-Wahabbi and zionism)
I mean to blame it all on Mexico while you ARE the enforcer of drug wars and all sorts of warmongering is pathetic. If the USA wasn't founded on double face puritanical WASP morals of hypocrisy the world will be a better place.

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

Ciro
Dont forget JFK the Cocaine Importing Agency has theyre fingerprints all over that.
Kab

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

Kab
I hear this argument about the United States a lot. The ignorance is mind boggling.

Do you seriously think the opportunity here is the same as almost anywhere else in the world?  What I do for a living and the education I received is nothing compared if I would of been raised in Mexico.  If you don't want to work 16 hrs a day, then you can live off handouts like a lot of lazy uneducated people do already.

The USA is literally THE land of opportunity.  Absolutely nothing compares.  Thank God and my parents for taking the risk that I live here and not over there.

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

The USA is pretty badass!  Irrational people will disagree, but who cares.  Mexico is not a shithole, it's one of the most popular vacation destinations and has a culture and cuisine second to none. All that being true, Mexico is extremely corrupt and has a small middle class.

Americans who rarely or have never traveled to Mexico, there is a lot more to Mexico than Narcos.

Same for Mexicans who cite school shootings as there knowledge of USA.

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

@Kab: The US is a vast market and there are lots of opportunities, but funny thing is that rankingwise Mexico beats the US when it comes to business opportunity, according to 6000 business decision-makers.

I wonder if they asked any narco business decision-makers?

Have a look at the ranking:
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/best-start-a-business

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

Couldn't agree with you more Mica to everything you just stated about Mexico especially about the culture and cuisine!

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

That's interesting Le Chef but for all the reasons listed it usually is easier in the 'warm climate' countries.Think about opening a restaurant north of the border:lots of beaurucracy,paperwork,tons of regulations,food inspectors,high wages,expensive possibly imported food products like the best meats,etc,cost you a fortune.Many expats do open businesses in Mexico because you don't have to put up a fortune and borrow everything (with interest of course).So much simpler.Yes there is a reason for all these rules and regulations which does keep some competition out of the picture and make it somewhat of a level playing field.Yes,you may have to pay a bribe to the liquor or food inspector to open a business in Mexico but a whole lot easier.Ex pats love Mexico because it's freedom from that bearuocracy as long I guess as organized crime stays out of the picture.North of the border that would be shut down immediately as it would kill the tax revenue coming from the businesses and employees.Too much freedom and corruption sneaks in.

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

Cuidado
@ dcm90 The opiate crises is a global problem actually.  School shootings are horrific yes but at the same time criminals run rampant in Mexico with impunity and hundreds are chopped up and left in plastic bags all over Mexico daily.  Somehow thats better then the conditions in the US?  Get real.

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

True Canadiana, but that list is not really about bureaucracy, more of opportunity. Here is a list of the easiest places to start up in terms of less bureaucracy, credit availability etc, and in this ranking the US beats Mexico:
https://medium.com/swlh/top-10-easiest-place-to-do-business-world-bank-doing-business-report-2019-820a345ebfe1

Quite interesting to see the diversity on the list, not only your usual suspects.

Lol just touch any "wall" inside a house in the USA. it is HOLLOW. It is all a GENERIC empire who will break down if it wasn't for the constant warmongering provocation (but i guess Trump wants to bring freedom and democracy to Tehran and Iran), drug wars, private prisions, weapon production and selling (wasn't the 9/11 terrorists Saudi Arabians yet Murrica loves selling billions worth of weapons to ISIS god fathers aka the Saudi Wahabbi crown?).
Oh and if you think working 80+ hours a week so you can barely pay your mortgage is an acceptable way of life i feel so sorry for you.

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

dcm90
Cuidado wrote
@ dcm90 The opiate crises is a global problem actually.  School shootings are horrific yes but at the same time criminals run rampant in Mexico with impunity and hundreds are chopped up and left in plastic bags all over Mexico daily.  Somehow thats better then the conditions in the US?  Get real.
Uhm last time i heard countries like Germany, Spain, Italy, England had a heroin problem was in the 70s and 80s. And it DOES NOT compared at all with the drug problem in the USA.  Rich kids in Europe or even Mexico will go to raves and drop acid or MDMA on the weekends. Not spend their collage fund trust money on hard drugs like heroin or meth.
And where those AR15s carbines that mostly CJNG has came from?
I highly doubt they're central American m16s or african stocks.

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

Cuidado
Well you are not very informed then.

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

Let's look at the facts from 2016, shall we?
Germany: 1,226 total ODs with a mortality rate of 22.82
Spain: 1,180 total ODs with a mortality rate of 38.10
Italy: 266 total ODs with a mortality rate of 7.03
UK: 3,141 total ODs with a mortality rate of 74.70
USA: 63,632 total ODs with a mortality rate of 300.69

The number in the US for 2017 was 70,237. Similar numbers for the UK (England and Wales) were 3,756 in 2017.

Source:
https://dataunodc.un.org/drugs/mortality/europe
https://dataunodc.un.org/drugs/mortality/americas
https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsrelatedtodrugpoisoninginenglandandwales/2017registrations

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

Mica
Yet 100K people a month are doing whatever it takes to make the trip to the USA.  The country is much more than Trump or Obama.  It’s silly when people argue that America is terrible.

You guys remind me of Hollywood elites, the same that said they where going to move out of the country when Trump was elected...

This topic amounts to asking two fans of separate teams which of the teams is best.

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

Parro
Try to find in the US the following for those USA haters;

Death by chainsaw
Death by strangling
Death by 2 x 4's
Death by beheading while alive
Death by pulling limbs apart while alive
Death by plastic bags, suffocation
Death by electrical cords
Death by knives
Death by a thousand cuts
Death by false confession
Death by minor drug use
Death by association

Please tell me, where you read that news in the USA for the haters.

Tell me those cases please, or shut up.  Not murder in Chicago numbers, but style of deaths and those meanings.

Why do people immigrate here?  Not for drugs or violence, but maybe a decent, hopeful life?

American policys around the world have turned many countries into complete chaos including Mexico.  Nobody cares what you think.
..

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

Parro
Not what I think.

What I see and read.

Like I said, give me the specifics and cases Ciro.  I understand drug addiction, I'm talking violence and greed.

Around the world?  Where?  and why?
Kab

Re: Can we all agree now that Mexico is on the same category as.......

Kab
Mica wrote
The USA is pretty badass!  Irrational people will disagree, but who cares.  Mexico is not a shithole, it's one of the most popular vacation destinations and has a culture and cuisine second to none. All that being true, Mexico is extremely corrupt and has a small middle class.

Americans who rarely or have never traveled to Mexico, there is a lot more to Mexico than Narcos.

Same for Mexicans who cite school shootings as there knowledge of USA.
I'm not berating Mexican culture or cuisine.  Makes me feel proud telling my story about my humble beginnings coming from a tiny village in Guanajuato.  I'm proud to say that I'm Mexican and love Mexican food from eating a burrito from a hole in the wall to delicious Oaxacan cuisine.  When Mexico is playing in the world cup, guess who I'm rooting for?? Mexico! Fluent in Spanish slang, I'm straight Paisa.

I'm just saying things over there, all the bad stuff going on and how it affected/changed the general population makes Mexico a shit hole.
12