Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

1234 ... 12

Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

303
Seems like they are not one group but about 4 seperate ones now. I am probably wrong about that but that is why I made the thread. Can someone explain please?

Thanks

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

ToPHeR
Same old Cardenas Guillen vs the Metros factions...

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

Itzli
Not sure if you can read Spanish, if so this article has some good background information that builds up to what's currently happening  Agoniza Cártel del Golfo entre pugnas internas.

In a sense, ToPHeR is right, there is a void in leadership and power play appears to occuring between Cardenas Guillen/Ciclones of Matamoros with Los Metros of Reynosa. The above article considers Tampico to be another faction. Los Talibanes is another group, so that brings it to four in my eyes, not sure which groups you considered to come up with your count of four.

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

ToPHeR
The irony being that Los Metros were created to protect Matamoros and Los Rojos to protect Reynosa and now somehow that has flip-flopped..

The crew in Tampico would be in charge of the drug shipments since they use that port to bring in the cocaine.

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

Itzli
Exactly, I think that's why Tampico is considered a separate group. Apparently Comandante 14 didn't like Mario Pelon and was aligned with Homero Cardenas Guillen. I assume that's still the case. I get the sense that Homero either doesn't care about power and would rather just focus on drug smuggling or that he knows he is not in a position to dictate things and is trying to slowly build power.

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

Talibans, Ciclones, Metros, and Rojos were my 4. I guess I do not understand why these guys cannot just get along, but I guess when that much money is involved....

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

El Plata
Did anyone else catch the article on the state of the different cartels throughout Mexico? Im pretty sure I read it on this site. It was basiclly a meeting of the gov. and different police and military forces. It just gave a run down of the state of each cartel but what I found very very interesting was the fact that they stated that Homero Cardenas Guillen and Juan Reyes Mejía González El R1 were the leaders of the CDG. We have not heard anything whatsoever about R1 in almost a year. I think most of us assumed he died or even possibly joined CDS. Does anyone else know if this is true? Is it possible that R1 is infact one of the heads of CDG now?
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

Itzli
I did catch that myself and almost tempted to discount it as outdated/uninformed information. Los Rojos seemed to have disappeared off the face of the map, but I guess it is possible that they still exist/are being led by R1 which would mean at least five Gulf Cartel factions currently active.

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

ToPHeR
There are other dormant cells within CDG too.....What about Dragones? XW?

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

Itzli
It's a fine line anymore between cells and factions. As far as the cells goes, the ones that I am familiar with that appear to still be active are Alphas, Cyclones, Deltas, Metros, Talibanes, Zeros, and possibly Rojos, Xs, and XWs.

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

ToPHeR
And who sides with who during the whole Cardenas Guillen vs Metros battle?

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

El Plata
Yeah I would be interested in hearing if anyone else has heard anyhting about R1. If im not mistaken the Dragones were the faction that decapitated that 15 year old Houndoran boy? The title on the video was El Cartel Del Golfo Grupo W Grupo J Grupo Dragones. I have also seen Escorpians, GENTE BRAVA, los alacranes, Cherries, Lacoste, Sierra, XW, XX, pumas, panteras, aguilas, condores and grupo Delta just in the last year. I figured Puma's guys were gone after he was killed in the whole Gringo war but there was a narcomanta signed by Grupo Puma in Cd. Mante a few months back and didn't Talivan's people hang mantas saying CDS/CDG hit squads worked under the Grupo Sierra name? I also remember right after Coss was captured word was that X20 and Liliana Cardenas Guillen were the 2 names that were mentioned as the new leaders. What ever happened to her? I would assume if Homero is running the show she is part of the leadership.  I am assuming the Grupo W, Grupo J, Grupo XW  are different subsets within say the Metros. Which side is Homero on? What did ever happen  Commandante Cherry? Are there any other big names still around? It seemed like X20, Puma, and Gringo were the last of the old CDG left. It seems to me things have been murky ever since M3 was taken out.

@El Plato.  Man you keep up with things.

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

Itzli
From what I understand, Liliana is mostly involved in money laundering. Besides the ones already mentioned, the big(ger) names on my radar are Guadalupe "Lupito" Leal, Juan Pablo "Gordo Cherrys" Leal, Alejandro "El Simple" Leal, Sergio "Comandante Cortéz/C1" Ortegón Silva, "C2" Ortegón, Luis Alberto "El Güicho" Trinidad Cerón, Juan Francisco "El 98" Carrizales, Juan Alberto "El Juanillo/El Fernandillo" de la Cruz Álvarez, "Juan Perros", Jaime Alejandro "El Muela" Perez, Fidel "Comandante 14", Julio “El Venado” Cantú Tijerina, and Galdino “El Mellado/Z-11” Mellado Cruz.

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

ToPHeR
El Mellado is a very interesting name. I would like to know more about his role since the split.

@DD lol, I read everything and anything I can find on DTO's. I have always had a strong interest in reading about crime. It started with the "The Black Hand" and reading about the mexican mafia. That all changed when I found this site. I can not start my day without my coffee and my daily dose of borderland beat. I find all the cartels interesting but for some reason I really find all the drama within the CDG extremely interesting.

I agree with topher. I assumed El Mellado was dead. I would have thought if he was alive he would have been very high up within the structure of the cartel.

ToPHeR
the last we heard of him was in a manta hung by the Zs. I think that very same manta also said R1 died but who really knows?

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

El Plata
I found this in another article on the board. It is from leaked intel reports from the U.S. authorities.

"U.S. intelligence sources said that the clashes are the result of a split of the Gulf cartel into two rival groups: the Cyclones, headed by a family member of former cartel leader Osiel Cárdenas, who’s in a U.S. prison, and Los Metros, headed by a man known as Perros (Dogs). The tense situation further increases the risk for migrants in the area".

Now we have some answers as to whats going on within the CDG. I am surprised that Homero is with the Cyclones. Who is this Perros character in control of Los Metros? Has anyone ever heard of the guy or have any information on him?
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: Can someone explain what is going on with CDG right now?

El Plata
I did a few web searches and found some information on another site. El Perro is known as Juanito Perros or Johnny Dogs in english. He was Chief of Sicarios for Mario Pelon X20. He worked side-by-side with Micheal German or Commandante German. Both men led the fight for the Metros in Reynosa last year that took out El Gringo. El Perro has a close family member that is commander of the Reynosa Police and another family member is high up in the state ministerial police of Rio Bravo.

I also found this on facebook from last month. It gives us our answer as to why El Mellado was not named the leader of the CDG. It was because of his Zeta past. Sorry for the crappy translation, but this is some very interesting stuff.

"A source very close to the CO told me that that reynosa municipal police fueraAgente Juan Jose Rodriguez aka JUAN dogs or the Panther 11 which was the Chief of rio Bravo by the CDG when it was arrested 20 X, would be appointed as the new head of the Gulf cartel that would bring difficulties because it is in the opinion of many of the organization ' peraban who was named GALDINO MELLADO but for having been a ZETA not He was given the Chair. Those more concerned are the paquito, the bull, the lice, the panochas and the idiot because they are seeing peligar their seats because they prayed the wrong Holy.
What cannot be explained as having been the head of Rio Bravo was when arrested whoever his boss was considered to succeed him as it is clear that in alngo failed him and he could not help seized it the FA.
This situation is that to caused in recent days a series of conflicts between the CO fighting Chair as it is clear that not everyone agrees the designation of John dogs and not NICKED as expected.
It is really important for this forum, is that GA had been at various points in the city and this is because they are concentrating stakes to Reynosa and already have risen to some possible elevations who oppose John dogs.

Finally this past Saturday joined the head of CDG and agreed to let JUAN dogs as the Chief that the pnochas brought moved to the guacho moving to his Falcons to get along with the new head after it had given back and just wait for opportunity to knock it as you did with the M-9
One of the first measures of juan dogs was to lift people from the devil Commander in san luis potosi, who knows so or because maybe because they like paquito, del toro, lice the panochas and idiot bet you to MELLADO and now are going to pay for it.
The above expected and hopefully is not the case that in the coming days is of a high number of SDR in Reynosa, rio Bravo, Matamoros, etc. I will try to get more data and pass them with opportunity".