Cabo San Lucas beheadings: Cartel killings traumatize resort town as heads found in cooler

TNL

Cabo San Lucas beheadings: Cartel killings traumatize resort town as heads found in cooler

TNL
http://www.chron.com/news/local/article/Killings-continue-in-Mexico-s-Baja-California-Sur-11212064.php

Cabo San Lucas beheadings: Cartel killings traumatize resort town as heads found in cooler
Updated 12:05 pm, Monday, June 12, 2017

    File photo: Harbour of Cabo San Lucas and Medano Beach. Recently Mexican officials have been finding parts of dead people near spots frequented by tourists. Photo: Ullstein Bild/ullstein Bild Via Getty Images

Photo: Ullstein Bild/ullstein Bild Via Getty Images
Image 1 of 27
File photo: Harbour of Cabo San Lucas and Medano Beach. Recently Mexican officials have been finding parts of dead people near spots frequented by tourists.

http://www.chron.com/news/local/article/Killings-continue-in-Mexico-s-Baja-California-Sur-11212064.php

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Authorities in Mexico's Baja California Sur state say two heads have been found in a cooler just two blocks from the tourist zone of Cabo San Lucas.

One day earlier, the state prosecutor's office announced that two dismembered bodies were found in another cooler in the tourist corridor.

RELATED: Report: Alleged Gulf Cartel leader escapes house arrest

On Sunday, state prosecutors also said the total bodies found after several days of excavation of clandestine graves had reached 18. The bodies of five women and 13 men were found in 12 graves near the Cabo Pulmo nature reserve. They were discovered off a road that runs between the reserve and the resort of San Jose del Cabo.

The wave of killings in recent months is believed to be tied to battles between drug gangs, including factions of the Sinaloa cartel.

Re: Cabo San Lucas beheadings: Cartel killings traumatize resort town as heads found in cooler

Chava

Re: Cabo San Lucas beheadings: Cartel killings traumatize resort town as heads found in cooler

BajaCheryl
Nothing against you Chava.  I love how they just use photos from anywhere?  What does that picture have to do with anything?  We are not traumatized.  We don't  like it but we're definately not traumatized.  The bodies they found weren't in coolers and matched the heads. And the 18 bodies were a result of police work, nobody tripped over them.  We actually have a lot of really good police, marines and Gendarmaria here.  Again we dont like, it but these news articles are so misrepresentative.  I read one today  that talked about a reporter who got killed in Oaxaca like it was next door.

Re: Cabo San Lucas beheadings: Cartel killings traumatize resort town as heads found in cooler

Chava
I hear you Cheryl, the same in Acapulco. Anything that happens within a 100 mile radius has an Acapulco, GRO tag line on it.