CONFIRM DEATH PLAZA BOSS NL..AS MX WRAPS UP SUCESS OP "LINCE NORTE"/TAMPS HEATS UP AGAIN-NUEVO & REYNOSA

CONFIRM DEATH PLAZA BOSS NL..AS MX WRAPS UP SUCESS OP "LINCE NORTE"/TAMPS HEATS UP AGAIN-NUEVO & REYNOSA

8/4/11 UPDATE...feds confirm death of nuevo laredo plaza boss as they wrap up OPERATION LINCE NORTE..TARGETING ZETAS IN NORTH EAST MEXICO...THE NEW AMERICAN STYLE STRATEGY EXECUTED OVER A 20 DAY SIEGE TARGETED THE ALL CRITICAL MIDDLE LAYER OF OPERATION, AND IMO IS FINALLY HEADING IN THE MOST EFFECTIVE DIRECTION OF ATTACK-FINANCIAL-AND COMPROMISING LOGISTICS AND MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS.  GOOD JOB...MORE PLEASE..SEE POST/FULL STORY AT BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE...PAZ...BUELA

video of  balaceras (shootout) Reynosa  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v4kLfXlkrE&feature=player_embedded
Scroll to bottom for an update..

Just when Tamps seemed relatively calm as NL took over the sizzle, today I began reading warnings of something big going down in Nuevo Laredo Tamps between Mexican Army troops and the last letter, social networks were ablaze around noon and have continued since.  Reports of a few minutes ago declare that several Zs were killed along with a plaza boss.

Reports state that the army encountered then confronted a Z- covoy after receiving a tip on its location, as the army approached Zs began open fire and launched grenades at the military convoy.  According to witnesses the army dispatched a helicopter that fired on fleeing vehicles which killed several Zs.  Reports also of the Z trademark blockades set up at several points of the city presuming  to accommodate escape, a last letter trademark using commercial vehicles as narco-roadblocks.

On the other hand;  some reports declare a separate incident, this reported by officials in Reynosa, Tamps that there was an additional shootout where at least 5 gunmen died, though from which cartel was not said..Reynosa is CDG territory.  This shootout was to have occurred around the same time as the Nuevo shootout.

I have sat on this to await details, posts without detail and facts is something I avoid but it has been a while,  about 6 hours and I can't find too much info.  Does anyone have anything to add?  have not had a clear number of dead or details, but I believe in the sources as being reliable and these shootouts have occurred.

Anyone?

@ 8PM...ok. so BDN just reported both incidents here is the link..lots of pics

http://www.blogdelnarco.com/2011/08/arman-balaceras-y-narcobloqueos-en.html

8-4-11  update here:
After days of fighting along the Rio Grande, the Mexican military announced it killed a high-ranking member of the Zetas drug trafficking organization who was wanted in the U.S. for attempted murder.

The military said it killed Jorge Luis “Pompín” de la Peña Brizuela, the Zetas' Nuevo Laredo plaza boss, on Tuesday. Laredo police said he's a suspect in the shooting of three men and a teenager in that city in 2005.

The announcement came as the military wrapped up a 20-day operation called “Lince Norte,” or Northern Lynx, targeting the Zetas in northeastern Mexico. The operation involved 4,000 soldiers and resulted in the deaths of 30 and the arrest of almost 200 suspects. One soldier died, according to the military.

The operation “had the objective of affecting the management, financial operation and logistical structures of criminal groups in the states of San Luis Potosí, Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas,” according to a news release from the Mexican military. Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas border Texas.

Fighting in Nuevo Laredo reached a peak Tuesday, with social media users in the city posting on Facebook and Twitter that a helicopter was firing at vehicles in the center of the city and grenade blasts could be heard. The Laredo Morning Times reported that at least six people were killed in the fighting Tuesday that took the life of de la Peña Brizuela.

The military also said it captured in Coahuila a “national-level” financier for the Zetas, Valdemar “Adal” Quintanilla Soriano. The border cities of Matamoros and Reynosa reported fighting this week through their Twitter feeds and the Mexican attorney general announced the arrest in Matamoros of four suspected Zetas, including a former Mexican special forces soldier.

Operation Lince Norte resulted in the seizure of 6.5 million pesos, about $540,000, in a Nuevo Leon city, 1,217 weapons, three tons of marijuana, $39,700 in U.S. currency and more than 260 vehicles, according to the military. Soldiers also rescued 12 people who had been kidnapped.

The Zetas are among the upstart drug cartels targeted for elimination by the Mexican federal government and the army has been actively pursuing them this year. In July, the government arrested Jesus Rejón, a founding member of the group and head of operations in San Luis Potosí.

Webb County Sheriff Martin Cuellar said that his office received word that de la Peña Brizuela had been in charge of the Nuevo Laredo plaza, the term used to describe an area of control carved out by drug traffickers, only six months.

“He was going to, believe it not, be transferred out right before he got killed,” Cuellar said.

Laredo police said that de la Peña Brizuela is a suspect in a 2005 shooting that injured four people as they left a soccer game. The men were ambushed by several people in two vehicles, according to news reports. The attackers then slipped across the Rio Grande into Mexico. All four victims survived, but two of the intended targets were later killed.

The shooting came at a time when members of the Zetas, then working for the Gulf Cartel, and the Sinaloa Cartel were fighting for control of the smuggling corridors in Laredo and Nuevo Laredo. In 2005, Laredo saw 22 homicides. Last year, the city saw nine.

my s.a. SOURCE

SRG

Re: TAMPS HEATS UP AGAIN-2 Shootouts with army-NUEVO & Reynosa

SRG
Hope to hear more about this..

Re: JUST POSTED MORE INFO...TAMPS HEATS UP AGAIN-2 Shootouts with army-NUEVO & Reynosa

see post scroll to bottom for update

Re: TAMPS HEATS UP AGAIN-2 Shootouts with army-NUEVO & Reynosa

When I posted this yesterday there was zero out there on ANY media source.  So a lesson learned to trust my sources, because the word and info was completely correct...what a different world we live in when war news can be tranferred instantly.

 nice.

Re: CONFIRM DEATH PLAZA BOSS NL..AS MX WRAPS UP SUCESS OP "LINCE NORTE"/TAMPS HEATS UP AGAIN-NUEVO & REYNOSA

jUST ADDED UPDATED AINFO AND CONFIRMATION REGARDING YESTERDAYS SHOOTOUTS IN TAMPS

Re: CONFIRM DEATH PLAZA BOSS NL..AS MX WRAPS UP SUCESS OP "LINCE NORTE"/TAMPS HEATS UP AGAIN-NUEVO & REYNOSA

Buela, its good to see you back at full strength.  My goodness you have been busy over the last couple of days.

Re: CONFIRM DEATH PLAZA BOSS NL..AS MX WRAPS UP SUCESS OP "LINCE NORTE"/TAMPS HEATS UP AGAIN-NUEVO & REYNOSA

JaJa  Thanks D...nervous energy!  My daughter has been in early  labor ready to deliver her twins.

Did you read the Mayo interview?  I was very surprised at some of his answers.