CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

Cuidado
http://www.cnn.com/

CNN is making it sound like Mexico has already approved Chapos extradition??  Look at that headline in bold capital letters on front page.  " MEXICO TO US. HES YOURS."  Interesting, isnt it possible for Chapos lawyers to delay the extradition process for months possibly even years?

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

Lorretta Lynch said yesterday they will fortify their request for extradition adding more charges.
It's a process

I recall after he went on his tunnel trip he had be approve for another amparo against extradition.  that is not the end but casts doubt on a quick extradition.

Mexico does not consider a prison break as a punishable crime, although they could in this case as the caveat is that no one was hurt during the escape and no crimes committed while he was free.  of course that is laughable, but if mexico wanted to try against that he could be tied u in courts much longer.

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

Cuidado
wow Chapodamasorden, nice work! You are quick with the good stuff my friend. Hope you are well down there.

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

on can have several amparos filed and granted.  Doc M had 2 before he was even arrested to protect him, and we see how that turned out.  usually it just means a delay but it could amount to years.

about the fotos.  it depends how large the image is to begin with I usually begin with MED and if that is too small then I will go to large and see

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

I just checked he had at least 3 amparos against extradition before his escape and one approved in oct after his escape.

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

Yes, this will likely be a long, drawn out legal process....

Was Tigrillo the last one who the US just dragged back to the US the same day, as his capture?

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

Bajadrone-2

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

jlopez
Chivis: There is a provision in the international extradition treaty that Mexico signed that allows the Mexican president to extradite a suspect immediately if the president thinks that doing so is in the national interest. Under this provision, the president may bypass any amparo that Chapo may have on file or may be intending to file. This is what worries Chapo's lawyers. It will still take months to extradite Chapo if Pena Nieto chooses to use his executive power because the law allows the defendant to file motions in response, but Pena Nieto's authority is clear. One question that I have to research is whether Pena Nieto's authority allows him to bypass the final step in the extradition process, which is approval by the Foreign Relations Secretariat (SRE: Secretaria de Relaciones Exteriores). But given Mexico's centralized political power, I think that if the extradition process got that far, approval would be automatic. It would be political suicide for the SRE to oppose Pena Nieto.

Currently, Attorney General Arely Gomez's office claims that there is only one amparo still in effect, but that it would not impede initiation of the extradition proceedings. But that does not mean that Soto Badillo, Chapo's lawyer, cannot file more amparos. Most commentators concur that the question of Chapo's extradition is a political rather than a legal matter.

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

jlopez
Chivis: I will quote from an article that appears in Proceso (Apro), and Diario de Coahuila, "La Extradicion, un Asunto Politico mas que Juridico" ("Extradition, More a Political than a Legal Matter").

"...Deputy Secretary (of SRE) for Multilateral Matters and Human Rights hesitated in commenting on the possibility that he [Chapo] will be extradited.

LEGAL ANALYSIS

"There are a series of agreements that Mexico has with several countries and it remains to be seen which is the legal analysis. A legal analysis has not been done yet. It will be carried out at the proper time to examine these matters."

Despite the fact that the legal analysis "has not been completed", Guzman's fate is in Enrique Pena Nieto's hands. According to the Law on International Extradition, the Federal Executive has the power to extradite without completing any judicial proceedings.

Article 14 of the law states that "no Mexican may be surrendered to a Foreign country except in exceptional cases as determined by the Executive." [Chapo's] Lawyer Badillo Soto knows this, but he claims that there are "no exceptions whatsoever" with respect to his famous client, and that if Pena Nieto resorts to this article, he must specify what is "exceptional" (about the case).

The law does not specify what the conditions are, but it could be argued that it is "national security". Sources within the Office of Attorney General told Proceso that Guzman Loera's extradition will be "more political" than legal."

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

interesting info JLopez and to see what actually transpires.I don't think we will hear about til it's a done deal and he's in the US.Isn't everything political rather than legal in Mexico but hey there will be mega pressure worldwide on this.

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

and I will share with you what I wrote last night after the Sean Penn news broke.

He has guaranteed and hastened his extradition.

when the Penn story broke the AG tweeted out her plan to extradite him complete with chart.  and quiety so, as to say fuck you midget, this is your destiny.  she is usually a giddy lady and bugs the hell out of me with her posts, unprofessional to boot, but said nothing when posting the charts.

and that said it all

Re: CNN says Mexico sending Chapo to US

J. Stewart
Wait and see what happen before you, again, jump on other forummembers. Chapodamaso brings really good info to the site and don`t deserve your patronising him/her.
And as said; wished for him to die free, don`t twist it around to benefit your patronising, please!

Let's try to keep it respectful guys.I'm not singleing you out Baja but I have been noticing this among others.Let's keep it 'light and breezy'.There's been more than a few 'I told you so's'etc.