CJNG winning ground in turf war with Zetas

CJNG winning ground in turf war with Zetas

Slappy
Officials say cartel intends to take control of fuel theft in lucrative Red Triangle
Mexico News Daily | Saturday, March 31, 2018

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/cjng-winning-ground-in-turf-war-with-zetas

The Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) is gaining ground in its turf war with Los Zetas over fuel theft in Puebla, according to military sources.

Puebla gangster Roberto “El Bukanas” de los Santos de Jesús, who has ties with the Zetas cartel, had held a strong grip on the so-called Red Triangle region of the state whose big attraction is the important Minatitlán-Mexico City fuel pipeline.

But the CJNG decided it wanted in on the profitable fuel theft business and commenced a pincer move last October by gang members from the states of Veracruz and Tamaulipas.

The incursion cost de los Santos some of his territory, and his men started to flee to the neighboring states of Hidalgo and Tlaxcala.

With a presence that now circles the capital of the state, the CJNG intends to snatch full control of the Red Triangle municipalities of Quecholac, Palmar de Bravo, Tepeaca, Tecamachalco, Acajete, Amozoc and Acatzingo, according to officials.

In order to contain the inevitable violence between the gangs and apprehend their leaders, the Army and the Navy deployed a 600-strong force.

That didn’t stop shootouts from occurring between huachicoleros, or fuel thieves, in various municipalities in October in which 12 people were killed.

One of the dead was gang leader Jesús “El Kalimba” Martín Mirón, the victim of an internal quarrel. He was sought not only by the authorities but by his own gang, the CJNG, and was reportedly in the process of altering his face and removing his fingerprints through plastic surgery.

Martín’s death triggered a series of executions throughout the state.

The most recent was on March 20 when two men were found dead in Amozoc with a narco-message allegedly left by the CJNG.

Two days later, three more narco-messages appeared in two locations in Puebla and one more in Tlaxcala, where the CGNJ allegedly threatened de los Santos and local huachicoleros chief Othón “El Cachetes” Muñoz Bravo.

Re: CJNG winning ground in turf war with Zetas

Slappy
This is an older article, but it gives some background on the "Reds" in Puebla

http://intoleranciadiario.com/detalleOpinion/2384/los-zetas-en-puebla

Sr Mencho is a is acting like Lazca in a lot of ways.  Greedy gobbling up territory.  Obviously he is a tactical genius and rational in his strategies like Lazca was.  I have read that he kidnaps teenagers then forces them to fight for him, just like Lazca did.

I have read that the CJNG rank and file take orders from the top, rather than being independent aligned cells.  Is there any truth to this?

Sr Mencho is biting off a lot more than he can chew.  Fighting 15 wars at once while being hunted like an animal.

I will never understand what makes these guys want to live like this.

Re: CJNG winning ground in turf war with Zetas

elgordo
Personally i see cnjg ending off like the zetas. I see the same type of mentality aa them. The government is only gonna let it go on 4 so long b4 they end up putting full force.  You can not beat the government i repeat you can not they have the fire power.

Re: CJNG winning ground in turf war with Zetas

dcm90
elgordo wrote
Personally i see cnjg ending off like the zetas. I see the same type of mentality aa them. The government is only gonna let it go on 4 so long b4 they end up putting full force.  You can not beat the government i repeat you can not they have the fire power.
lol they literally became what they were fighting for so long.
I'm sure it s because the government backs them up. just wait for the next administration. It happened to Lazcano and Mencho is not really SpecOP material...