CJNG took down the Mexican Army helicopter in Jalisco with a Rocket Propelled Grenade [RPG]

Re: CJNG took down the Mexican Army helicopter in Jalisco with a Rocket Propelled Grenade [RPG]

Siskiyou_Kid
The trigger group that came with the gun has had the 'sear' that swivels to allow full auto fire removed and pins welded in place to prevent it from being easily converted back, although in some case the selector switch and lettering is left in place, even though the Feuerstoß [full auto] capability has been disabled.

The surplus G3 trigger group has 'wings' on the stamped steal frame that prevent it from being slid into position on the cloned receiver, before the pins are pushed in to secure it. It's a fairly simply procedure to grind down the 'wings' in order to fit into the cloned receiver, but this is considered a full auto modification, and it's illegal to own it after it's been converted, unless you are a manufacturer, or security personnel [almost always US government/military] licensed to own automatic weapons.

Re: CJNG took down the Mexican Army helicopter in Jalisco with a Rocket Propelled Grenade [RPG]

tuSancho
This just popped up.  Interesting theory.

http://valortamaulipeco.blogspot.mx/2015/05/el-cougar-1009operacion-bandera.html?m=1

False Flag Operation

Re: CJNG took down the Mexican Army helicopter in Jalisco with a Rocket Propelled Grenade [RPG]

tuSancho
And this article today.

http://www.sinembargo.mx/13-05-2015/1343677

There is evidence of ex-military members of CJNG coming from Mexico, Guatemala and United States.

Re: CJNG took down the Mexican Army helicopter in Jalisco with a Rocket Propelled Grenade [RPG]

Tijuano
tuSancho wrote

We´re in election times right now, La Jornada needs to sell news BAD, they are basically broke and near extinction, doesn´t really make sense to me. But people will buy the story.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: CJNG took down the Mexican Army helicopter in Jalisco with a Rocket Propelled Grenade [RPG]

Tijuano
tuSancho wrote
And this article today.

http://www.sinembargo.mx/13-05-2015/1343677

There is evidence of ex-military members of CJNG coming from Mexico, Guatemala and United States.
Now does make some sense, if I´m not mistaken, when El Cuini was arrested he was accompanied by Colombian, Venezuelan and Mexican hitmen.

Kid mentioned the fact those RPGs were used by FARC so I wouldnt doubt CJNG has access to training with FARC.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: CJNG took down the Mexican Army helicopter in Jalisco with a Rocket Propelled Grenade [RPG]

tuSancho
A couple of updates appearing today....

http://www.proceso.com.mx/?p=404825

It was interesting to me that the title reference was operation against El Mencho.

On the other hand, this article on the same story calls it Operation Jalisco.  Quien sabe?

http://www.sdpnoticias.com/local/jalisco/2015/05/20/denuncian-desaparicion-de-al-menos-40-personas-tras-arranque-del-operativo-jalisco
123