Almaguer Ramirez (prosecutor) said that the party would have been held on the occasion of the celebration of Father's Day in June 2013 and to commemorate one year of the death of one of José Luis Valencia's children.
The prosecutor said that the image featured Eduardo Orozco, another inmate who won his freedom on September 25, 2015, so he ruled out that it is a recent recording.
Other prisoners are also seen as Misael "N", who was transferred in December 2013 to the Metropolitan Reclusorio (of Puente Grande), and to Alfredo Márquez, in charge of hiring Los Buchones de Culiacán ", and transferred to the sentenced area, in April 2014, of the same nucleus of Puente Grande.
Almaguer Ramírez recalled that as a result of these events, the chief of custodians, Enrique Huerta Balcázar, was removed from that position on November 21, 2013.
The drug lord who hosted a party at a maximum-security prison in Jalisco enjoys no privileges nor does he control the institution, the state Attorney General said in a television interview.
The Grupo Milenio news agency yesterday published a copy of a video that shows Puente Grande prison inmates freely enjoying themselves at a party organized by José Luis “El Chelo” Gutiérrez Valencia, supposedly held on a Sunday afternoon between December 2015 and March 2016.
But Attorney General Eduardo Almaguer Ramírez told Milenio that the narcofiesta actually took place in June 2013, and had been authorized by then-warden Enrique Huerta Balcázar.
The party, he explained, celebrated Father’s Day and the one-year anniversary of the death of a son of Gutiérrez, a leader of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel.
Huerta was fired in November of the same year for committing several irregularities as prison warden.