CJNG boss Gerardo González Valencia is extradited from Uruguay to the U.S.

MX

CJNG boss Gerardo González Valencia is extradited from Uruguay to the U.S.

MX
This post was updated on .
[BORDERLAND BEAT WAS THE SECOND OUTLET IN THE WORLD TO BREAK THE STORY. FIRST ONE WAS "SUBRAYADO" FROM URUGUAY. STORY IS UNFOLDING AS WE SPEAK BUT IT IS ON THE MAINBOARD. MORE TO COME]

Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) leader Gerardo González Valencia, who was imprisoned in Uruguay since 2016 for his money laundering activities, was extradited to the United States today at 4:15 a.m. local time.

Under heavy security by land and air, González Valencia was transferred from Libertad prison to the Carrasco International Airport. He was then put on a plane and flown to the U.S. Minister of Interior Jorge Larrañaga was at the scene when the transfer was made.

https://www.subrayado.com.uy/extraditan-al-narco-gonzalez-valencia-importante-operativo-seguridad-n628465
MX

Re: CJNG boss Gerardo González Valencia is extradited from Uruguay to the U.S.

MX
Proof Borderland Beat was 2nd in the entire web. Only two results for "Gerardo Gonzalez Valencia". Close to 20mins after it was officially confirmed by Subrayado newspaper.

MX

Re: CJNG boss Gerardo González Valencia is extradited from Uruguay to the U.S.

MX
Okay, so flight took off at 6:20 a.m. local time. It's about a 13 hour flight to Washington, D.C., where he is wanted (assuming he's sent there). Time to go to bed...

Re: CJNG boss Gerardo González Valencia is extradited from Uruguay to the U.S.

redlogarythm
Amazing info as always MX. I never thought Uruguay would finally extradite him.

Re: CJNG boss Gerardo González Valencia is extradited from Uruguay to the U.S.

video of transfer

https://twitter.com/TelemundoUY/status/1260933822566281217

MX

Re: CJNG boss Gerardo González Valencia is extradited from Uruguay to the U.S.

MX
Thank you, redlogarythm and Chivis.

Makes me cringe that the media often confuses Gerardo with Abigael...

Re: CJNG boss Gerardo González Valencia is extradited from Uruguay to the U.S.

I think his indictment is in DC, filed directly by Justice Department narcotics division.  Probably same judge, same facility as Jessica Gonzalez, and Menchito.

They will be prepared to give him a very favorable deal for his cooperation.  We don't yet know how CJNG handles these type of things.

Re: CJNG boss Gerardo González Valencia is extradited from Uruguay to the U.S.

Nice job MX reporting this in real time!
MX

Re: CJNG boss Gerardo González Valencia is extradited from Uruguay to the U.S.

MX
@Mica: Thanks! Glad you enjoyed.

Here is a picture of Gerardo while he was transferred.

https://www.subrayado.com.uy/asi-fue-trasladado-gonzalez-valencia-la-carcel-el-aeropuerto-su-extradicion-n628709
MX

Re: CJNG boss Gerardo González Valencia is extradited from Uruguay to the U.S.

MX

Re: CJNG boss Gerardo González Valencia is extradited from Uruguay to the U.S.

He looks like he's 18 years old.  He's lived well.

Current appearence of Gerardo. Quite well preserved after nearly 4 years in jail
MX

Re: CJNG boss Gerardo González Valencia is extradited from Uruguay to the U.S.

MX
That picture was released by the USDT in 2016. It could be much older now that we know that this guy ages quite well.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1101016/download

My mistake, MX
MX

Re: CJNG boss Gerardo González Valencia is extradited from Uruguay to the U.S.

MX
No worries! Did you find that picture circulating online in recent news? I added it on the mainpage so I suspect an outlet could have used it.

Here is a picture of a passport Gerardo had from Jalisco. This is what he used when he was in Argentina and Uruguay. It was under the fake name Alonso Torres Ibarra. It was issued in 2014 and has his DOB as 31 July 1976.