CJNG - (New VIDEOS, 6/1/15) 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

12345 ... 7

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

choco
ps.... the location of the initial firefight seems to be different in different reports.  Does anyone know if it in fact first occurred on the cuota between DF and Guadalajara????   Or in fact did it all start near the ranch?

That's a pretty big difference in terms of people traveling in MX.  I haven't heard of too many cuota shootouts, but maybe I just have not paid attention.  Thanks.

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

Pepe

guasa_001

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

choco
Thanks Pepe.... I had looked at the maps but didn't see that the ranch entrance was on the highway.  Someone on another page about traveling in MX had just advised to take the cuota from GDL to DF, not the carretera!  I guess you never know when this shit will happen.

Thx also for the translation of the second radio interview. cheers

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

gdagreat
By Alexandra Alper

ZAMORA, Mexico (Reuters) - Government security forces killed 42 suspected drug cartel henchmen and suffered one fatality in a firefight in western Mexico on Friday, an official said, one of the bloodiest shootouts in a decade of gang violence wracking the country.

National Security Commissioner Monte Alejandro Rubido said one federal policeman died and another was injured in the three hour battle on a ranch just inside the Michoacan state border with Jalisco, home of Guadalajara, Mexico's second-biggest city.

The death toll was one of the heaviest to hit Mexico since President Enrique Pena Nieto took office in December 2012 pledging to put an end to years of gangland violence that have claimed more than 100,000 lives since 2007 alone.

Government officials said the 42 killed by security forces near the town of Tanhuato were suspected members of the Jalisco New Generation (JNG) cartel, a gang based in the neighboring state that has seriously undermined Pena Nieto's pledge.

The gunfight began after security forces alerted to an "invasion" of the ranch approached the 112 hectare property and were fired upon by a group of armed men, Rubido said.

After calling in air and ground support, government forces ground down their opponents with the aid of a helicopter, in the end capturing three suspected gang members and seizing a grenade launcher and 39 guns of varying calibers, he added.

Earlier, a government official told Reuters that two federal police had died in the exchanges near Tanhuato, where a week ago, federal forces replaced local police after the assassination of a candidate for mayor in a nearby town.

Rubido said officials from the national human rights commission (CNDH) had been sent to the ranch, where the number of dead was the highest in any clash between the government and suspected gangsters since a controversial incident last June.

Then, the government first reported that 22 gang members were killed in a shootout with soldiers in central Mexico. However, subsequent investigations showed that more than half of the dead had been executed, embarrassing the government.

ELECTION LOOMS

Jalisco is one of the engines of the Mexican economy, but the state's southern border turned into a battleground between the JNG and the Michoacan-based Knights Templars, a gang whose leadership has been shattered over the past 18 months.

Capitalizing on the Templars' losses, the JNG has become the biggest threat to the government, killing at least 20 police since March. On May 1, its gunmen shot down an army helicopter in southwestern Jalisco, claiming the lives of six military personnel.

The gang also set vehicles, banks and gas stations ablaze around Guadalajara in a series of concerted attacks that day, shaking confidence in the federal government's ability to contain the violence ahead of mid-term elections on June 7.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0O729M20150523?irpc=932

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

choco
Good article with some context.

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

1966tinman
Nothing wrong with executing criminals . The military and the federales know that this will send a message to every criminal of what to expect .  Now all of you left-wing communists in the U.S. and around the world ,  quit crying about human rights abuses and see the reality of the security situation from the standpoint of law abiding Mexican citizens . This is now the modus operandi of the authorities to combat the narco-insurgency that has taken hold  . Challenge the state and you will be dealt with with no mercy .

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

La Flama Blanca
So the 42 "civilians" were narcos.  I guess narcos are civilians too though.  Just really bad "civillians."  And is this the first ambush involving the government and CJNG where the gov. initiated the ambush FIRST.?...  Instead of the other way around.

@Chap:

Of course CJNG wont last long if they keep trying to take on the gov.  They just lost 42 guys.  CJNG seems like they train most of their guys, so losing 42 CJNG members is not the same as losing 42 Z's.  I'm sure CJNG has the numbers, but I feel like they go after quality not quantity, and the ones less qualified just get more extensive training.

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

tuSancho
In the mix of all of this something I notice in many photos are trucks marked "Fuerza Cuidadana".  Who are they and why are they there?  Are these rurales?  Former autodefenses?

It was mentioned on the main board in the comments section that the ranch may have been an autodefenses encampment.

The ratio of killed 42 to 1 seems way out of balance.  I haven't read any reports of wounded... are there any yet?

So far the official version, or like reported in Reuters, leads me to suspect there is a lot afoul on the government's part.  Were the government just lucky?  Why couldn't they have done this before May 1?  My hunch is the government just wanted a slaughter somewhere to show they have the upper hand.  There is no proof yet that any, let alone all, were cartel or criminals.

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

Pepe

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

Siskiyou_Kid
This video is supposed to be filmed on the Rancho el Sol where the 42 CJNG were killed? It's a very odd video and the context is difficult to know for certain.

It is hard to believe this is on the ranch because of large power lines and the street light. It's looks more urban.

They do seem to be having a great time if it's a shootout. They must be high as fuck.

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

Tijuano
That´s and old video, I´ve seen it several times and some people claim it was in Reynosa, other claim it was filmed in Michoacan, its a video which has been around since last year, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMwu7MKQabE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hN_3tve4xU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkMyvowul3Q

Anyway, it looks to me as if the Federal Forces have a no-prisoners order right now.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

Tijuano
From the minute mark 0:15 to 0:44 it shows images of the shooting, or so they say, the video also has info on the "Official version".

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

Tijuano
Found this pics of the aftermath:

And this one which I thought I would post too even if there´s little info on it:

I don´t know what to think of the last image, as some have pointed there´s no way to know which pic was taken first and/or if there is photoshop involved, but I fell it is worth posting it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: CJNG - 40+ Killed in Narco/PF Clash on Mich./Jalisco Border

Chava
12345 ... 7