CJNG Leader "El Argentino" Arrested

Itzli
As reported by Milenio:

"Thanks to the investigative works realized by agents of the Attorney General of the State of Jalisco they obtained the detention of a subject nicknamed 'El Argentino', alleged leader of the Cártel Jalisco Nueva Generación in the Guadalajara metropolitan area (AMG).

The capture took place on Wednesday at a point in the municipality of Zapopan.  Sources close to the case point out that 'El Argentino' waged a cruel battle for the control of the territory with José Antonio Yepes de la Cruz 'El Marro', a breakaway member of said criminal organization.

'El Argentino' is being investigated for various homicides and kidnappings.

At the moment the Attorney General of the State of Jalisco has not released an official statement about the detention."

Re: CJNG Leader "El Argentino" Arrested

I think I just read about him last week, in the forum.  He was a breakaway with El Cholo?  Or he was 100 with Mencho?

Re: CJNG Leader "El Argentino" Arrested

Does he report to the top?

Re: CJNG Leader "El Argentino" Arrested

Char
Itzli

Thanks for sharing 🤙🏽

There is a corrido about El Marro https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V6nxzHLk0SQ

I agree with you Itzli half of my family is from Jalisco and the other from Leon, Guanajuato. It’s been really violent lately cjng is also waging war in Guanajuato just like El Marro and el Cholo have been fighting in Jalisco.
Back in 2017 CJNG hung a banner in Celaya saying that they will not stop until they kill el Marro and his collaborators.

Re: CJNG Leader "El Argentino" Arrested

Itzli
@J & Mica Years ago I spent a lot more time researching and keeping up today with a number of Mexican cartels and, as such, I felt quite knowledgeable about the CJNG when it first emerged and throughout its war with La Resistencia. As time has passed I have found myself with less time and, in turn, less knowledgeable.

With that said I do not feel that I am well versed with the current CJNG, in this case there are a half dozen Mexican websites that I try to skim through daily and one narco blog just so happened to mention the arrest of "El Argentino". The headline caught my eye and after reading it I did some Google searching and realized they were just repeating an article from Milenio, which I then translated as it came across to me as important information.

I was presented with three questions: He was a breakaway with El Cholo?  Or he was 100 with Mencho? Does he report to the top?  All that I mentioned is a long way of me saying I really don't know.  From just reading and analyzing the article it appears to me that "El Argentino" served as "jefe de plaza" of the Guadalajara metropolitan area, that is to say that he was in charge of cartel activity in Gudalajara and its surrounding areas, so I would assume he was fairly high up in the organization.  It also appears that he is firmly within the CJNG proper and "El Mencho".  I translated the article directly rather than paraphrasing which results in the language being a bit clunky at times.  In this case the weird sentence is saying that "El Argeninto" is reportedly fighting with "El Marro" and then points out that "El Marro" used to be part of the CJNG.

@Char When I follow narco news, I tend to gravitate to that which interests me, which is generally places or areas that I am directly familiar with.  While I was born and raised in the United States as was my mother's family, my father and my wife are from the municipality of Celaya, Guanajuato.  The emergence of "El Marro" and the increase in violence hits close to an area I know all too well, so I hear a lot and try to keep informed from official sources while trying to avoid asking too many questions from those that are still there.

Re: CJNG Leader "El Argentino" Arrested

Char
Itzli

Yeah it’s really weird and sad to see all the violence taking place in Guanajuato because back when Calderon was president it was probably the only peaceful Mexican state.
Once cjng got big slowly killings started to occur.

I lived for 8 years in Leon, Guanajuato, really nice  big city, great food, the best leather boots and shoes are sold in Guanajuato.

Re: CJNG Leader "El Argentino" Arrested

Itzli
It is a weird change, my family used to always tell us to come down because it was safe and bad things only happened in other states, now they say probably best not to go and tell horrible stories that never get reported.

In the 1990s and early 2000s I used to go down there for a couple weeks once or twice a year.  Last year I went for the first time in about 10 years, and that was only for three days when my mother-in-law passed away.  I know I've been to Leon a few times but don't remember anything distinct other than all the leather products.  I more frequently visited Celaya, Apaseo el Grande, Comonfort, San Miguel Allende, and the capital.  We used to drive all the way down there, crossing the border at Del Rio/Acuña and going through Monclova, Saltillo, San Luis Potosi, Matehuala, and Queretaro.  I've been to Michoacan numerous times, mostly Patzcuaro, Morelia, and Uruapan as well as several trips to Mexico City.  Twice to Puerto Vallarta, once to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, and once to Veracruz.  Like I said, when I read news, I generally look at it in the context of where I've been, the experiences I had, and how the world seems so much different now than years ago.

Re: CJNG Leader "El Argentino" Arrested

Slappy
we drove through Mexico to Belize in the early 90s.  Had a blast, never felt any danger.  We broke down once, got a ride from a guy who gave us mangos, took us to his family's ranch and fed us.  Hands down the best enchaladas I've ever had.  His brother who towed our van.  Fixed it, they refused payment.  Stayed the night with them and they saw us off in the morning after feeding us once again.  Is an awesome memory.

Only problem I had was eating 11 of the best tacos I've ever had, paid like the equiv of 10 cents apiece for them and shit my brains out for the next two days.  Besides that, everything was a blast.

Now if I crossed at TJ and drove to Belize, I probably wouldn't make it far without being kidnapped.  Haven't been to Mexico since 2009, when we drove from Puerto Vallarta to Guadalajara, then ran around Nayarit for a week.  Chaos was still concentrated at border back then. Wouldn't dare do that now.

Sad

Re: CJNG Leader "El Argentino" Arrested

I envy you!What a wonderful memory Slappy you have of the generousity of the Mexican people!That probably wouldn't have happened north of the border.Aren't you glad you broke down just for those memories? Of the food and the people?Cherish it and that trip.Not many have done that trip and Belize is getting pretty dangerous from what I've heard but is drop dead gorgeous in beauty.I too have wonderful memories of  invites for dinners and overnights from generous strangers travelling through Guerrero,Michoacan ,Veracruz  and Colima (which I adored that state)which are now no go zones.Too bad.I would like to do it again  before I am 6 feet under but........