CJNG - Expanding Influence

Parro
https://www.borderreport.com/news/jalisco-cartel-continues-bloody-march-to-border-despite-extradition-of-leaders-son-experts-say/

I've seen these videos before, but felt we need to understand CJNG influence, stay tuned to the video to see the DEA reports on meth industrial manufacturing and  Texas Tribunes news press report.

Will be in 2 parts due to limitations of this site or my own limitations in understanding the current technology.

PART 1:

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) — Mexico’s most violent drug cartel isn’t likely to sit quietly on the sidelines after the extradition of one of its leaders to the United States, security experts say.

“I expect their reaction will be very similar to that of other drug cartels when part of their leadership is taken. Almost always there’s an immediate strike — very violent and very visible — toward the government, toward police,” said Victor R. Manjarrez Jr., a former U.S. Border Patrol chief in Arizona and Texas.

Already, the U.S. Embassy in Mexico has issued a security alert warning Americans about the potential for retaliatory actions including highway blockades and vehicle burnings.

Manjarrez’s comments and the embassy’s warning came in the wake of Ruben Oseguera Gonzalez’s extradition to the United States. He is the son of Cartel Jalisco New Generation (CJNG) leader Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes, a.k.a., “Mencho.”

The last time a drug lord’s son was arrested (on Oct. 17 in Culiacan, Mexico), Sinaloa cartel thugs burned cars and buildings and took over most major highways aboard vehicles equipped with .50-caliber guns. And when Mexican police tried to transfer several Sinaloa cartel leaders from a jail in Juarez on Nov. 5, members of the “Mexicles” gang killed at least 10 people and torched upwards of 30 vehicles.

But Manjarrez hopes any such violence will be limited in scope and temporary.

The younger Oseguera had been jailed in Mexico while his father consolidated a drug empire that exerts control over 75% of Mexico, has a presence in at least 35 states in the U.S., and supplies synthetic drugs to millions of user in both countries, Asia, Europe and even Australia, according to a Dec. 20, 2019 report by the Congressional Research Service.

Oseguera Gonzalez was part of a cadre of Jalisco cartel leaders indicted by grand juries in 2018 in California, Illinois, Virginia and Mississippi on charges ranging from money laundering to conspiracy to import narcotics into the United States.

The gang has embarked on a campaign of murder and territorial disputes not seen in Mexico in more than a decade, according to experts.

The CJNG in the past year has substantially expanded its area of influence in Mexico, taking over towns along highways in Zacatecas, Guanajuato, San Luis Potosi and Aguascalientes on its way to coveted drug-crossing routes in South Texas.

"Older map of CJNG influence."

Last year;

Re: CJNG - Expanding Influence

Parro
PART 2:  CJNG Influence Currently

Currently, 1/2020;

Notice a couple of things;

CJNG, infiltrating old Sinaloa soil.  Hermosilla to Nogales and Chihauhau to Juarez.

Taking Vera Cruz and compromising old cells of Z's.  Infiltration into Guanajuato, Zacatecas.  Creating dominance in southern Oaxaca to Guatemala, and the march into Quintana Too.

Have a hard time grasping the idea the idea that Mayo is more powerful than Mencho.  Not even the incarceration of his children, seem to stop his unrelenting march toward complete power.  Although there are 250 different cartels existing into some extent, Mencho is ruthless.  Will be interesting to see map 2021.

Very hard to believe that US can trap Bin Laden, but can't find the ghost of Mencho.

Re: CJNG - Expanding Influence

250 cartels in Mexico articles says!I guess it depends on definition.Gangs,cartels are they considered 2 or more people operating as a criminal entity?In the business world when you say a Cartel it implies market takeover or control.Is Mexico getting more and more like El Salvador where the gangs rule?Could be as more and more splintering goes on and the good people of Mexico are developing a taste for the forbidden vices like drugs.I would like to have a crystal ball and see where Mexico is in 10 years.Will it be a pleasant surprise compared to now or a nightmare?Some food for thought.

Re: CJNG - Expanding Influence

blanco puro
Ya theres no way that mexico has 250 cartels.

Gangs yes.

Crazy how CJNG has infiltrated so much of CDS and CDG/Z territory!

Re: CJNG - Expanding Influence

Frank
Agreed. No f’n way 250 ‘cartels’ are operating in Mex. Probably not even Globally. A cartel is comprised of different companies who consolidate their power by joining forces, creating a corporation-like structure, the difference between the corporations and cartels is that a cartel dominates a particular industry.

A cartel is a group of companies, countries or other entities that agree to work together to influence market prices by controlling the production and sale of a particular product. Cartels tend to spring from oligopolistic industries, where a few companies or countries generate the entire supply of a product.Feb 27, 2020
https://www.merriam-webster.com › ...

Re: CJNG - Expanding Influence

Frank
What surprises me about CJNG and there retaliation, is that it hasn’t happened yet. To many key players getting locked up? Too busy in Guanajuato and tamps? I really am surprised no action has been taken thus far.

Re: CJNG - Expanding Influence

Slappy
From the second map it's obvious that Mencho is trying to take over the entire border.   Especially CDS areas.  My guess is he wants CDS border tunnels.

Re: CJNG - Expanding Influence

Martian100
I was expecting the same but then when you think about it it what purpose would it serve he’s already been extradited and I doubt their intimidation/corruption tactics would work in that particular realm especially how quick and secretive the extradition process seems to be..what happened to all those Amparos huh? lol

Re: CJNG - Expanding Influence

BBfollower
Ok guys. In Chihuahua CJNG took nothing from CDS. They are there because La linea let them in, just like in Tamaulipas with CDG  and not cause they fought the square with CDS. They are in the areas where La Linea already had control. I don't know what's going on in Sonora tho, especially in Nogales. Did the CDS allowed them to enter that square? Maybe someone that has more knowledge can tell us what's going on there...CDS has presence in Guadalajara/Jalisco but I don't see it on the map. Same with Zacatecas.

@Martian, You do raise a good point as far as the deal is done so there is no strategic advantage to militarizing against the Feds now, but a lack of strategic advantage has never stopped Mencho from throwing a murderous tantrum before.

I think Mayo bought the amparos and put a zippo to ‘em 😂

Re: CJNG - Expanding Influence

Frank
BBFollower, some have suggested that as a condition of the release of chapitos after their careless abduction, was cgnj be allowed access to certain plazas, Sonora being one of them. Blind speculation, but since there has not been fighting between cds and cjng in Sonora to my knowledge  that could be the reason they’re allowed to operate there

Re: CJNG - Expanding Influence

elrojo
Cjng has to pass their drugs over to the us and in order for them to do so they have to pay piso to the respective border plazas seeing as how they don’t have any. Which is why they have presence in certain border states pretty much over seeing their drugs and every now and then certain members of theirs pass drugs through these states without paying piso which is why you have certain shoot outs involving Cjng in these areas. But it isn’t because they took over. Maybe looking to but they can’t.
Cjng is going to keep getting pushed around or any organization for that matter until you have ownership of a border plaza. I personally don’t think that you are completely powerful until you have control of one. I also don’t believe they are the most powerful organization in Mexico. It seems like they are being thrown under the bus seeing as how they are the underdog by the government and cartels alike. Which explains they’re levels of violence similar to how zetas were when they were starting.
These maps are far from accurate in my opinion