CIA and DEA on the ground in MX

DD
According to a New York Times story on 8/6, "The United States is expanding its role in Mexico’s bloody fight against drug trafficking organizations, sending new C.I.A. operatives and retired military personnel to the country and considering plans to deploy private security contractors in hopes of  turning around a multibillion-dollar effort that so far has shown few results."
How many times have we seen those actions proposed on this forum as a partial solution to the Cartel Wars.  Maybe somebody was listening after all.
I said probably six months ago that there were U.S. boots on the ground in Mexico.  Look back over the last few months at the humongus meth lab "discovered" by "good police work", the huge mj plantation of Shorty,  all of the record seizures of arms and drugs, the take down or killing of more than 30 "capos" in the last few months.  Do you really think that was all done by the newly "trained" fed police and not CIA/DEA.  I know this is not the US troops on the ground here that many of you have called for, but I think the low profile approach they are taking is a very smart move.
MX needs this kind of help.  As one analyst said in the article "Mexico is just now learning how to fight crime in the midst of a major crime wave. It’s like trying to saddle your horse while running the Kentucky Derby.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/world/07drugs.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&sq=mexico&st=cse&scp=2

I know this is not a total solution.  We still need to attack their finances, and root out corruption, but this is a big step.

Re: CIA and DEA on the ground in MX

El Regio
That is the best news we have heard all year. This is what Mexico is in dire need for, their police has sold out almost completely. Everything is being left up to the military, which it is not fully trained to do.