CDN Operative 102 flunks geography class

CDN Operative 102 flunks geography class

leChef

It still doesn't seem like geography is a prerequisite for killing people. Perhaps in the confusion, they will start killing each other? The Northwest Cartel VS the Northeast Cartel

Re: CDN Operative 102 flunks geography class

El_Bujo
I’ve actually been confused for sometime now because I swear I originally saw mantas calling themselves Noroeste. It wasn’t until maybe last year (2019) that I started seeing Noreste..

Re: CDN Operative 102 flunks geography class

leChef
They introduced themselves Apr. 20, 2013, in Torreon as Cartel del Noreste, if I remember correctly. Either way, I would say their main area of operation is northeast, wouldn't you?

Re: CDN Operative 102 flunks geography class

Podrido
I find this curious because I think Clave 102 belongs to El Snoopy who jumped ship to CDG a couple years ago, no? Though it may also be El Werco who is deceased.

That being said, an additional curiosity is that I have also seen mantas before detailing 'Noroeste' and there are songs by Comando Exclusivo and others specifically putting emphasis on 'Noroeste' where it is clear they aren't saying 'Noreste'. The spelling could be forgiven, but speaking it verbally I'd think any Spanish speaker would know it's a different word?

Additional confusion comes in where many Spanish news outlets somehow also spell in Noroeste when talking about Noreste operatives. So, it's unclear to me if they are separate factions of the same Cártel or if it's just a case of bad spelling / geography.

Just a lurker.

Re: CDN Operative 102 flunks geography class

leChef
It is Noreste, but I see now that even renowned news outlets like Proceso gets it wrong sometimes. Maybe they are just keeping an open possibility for establishment in Tijuana.

Re: CDN Operative 102 flunks geography class

Podrido
Hah, only a matter of time I suppose. CDN seems to be doing fairly well for it self. I know it is Noreste, just going out on a limb I suppose to suggest they might mean the northwest of their territory - like Piedras Negras or something given the verbal distinctions made in the words Noroeste and Noreste in songs. I doubt any native tongue Spanish speaker would screw that up, so it seems odd is all.
Just a lurker.

Re: CDN Operative 102 flunks geography class

leChef
Absolutely, could be. Then they are really thinking micro.

Re: CDN Operative 102 flunks geography class

El_Bujo
I think I figured it out.. If you look at a map of Tamaulipas, Nuevo Laredo is at the very northwest, while CDG territories take up the northeast.

If you look at a map of Mexico as a whole however, Tamaulipas itself is clearly in the northeast.

Maybe the local cells call themselves Noroeste, to distinguish themselves from CDG?

Re: CDN Operative 102 flunks geography class

leChef
Maybe you are right, but I still think it is more likely that they are morons.