CDG leader in Oaxaca arrested

leChef

Carlos Abraham Rios, known as El Oaxaco and alleged leader of the Gulf Cartel, was arrested on the 19th of June.

The capture happened during an operation carried out by the security authorities of the State Government to protect the area known as the beach on the banks of the Atoyac River and which was in the hands of merchants.

The subject, involved in various criminal acts, was inside a Jetta, with license plates TLX-40-37 of the State, where they found a pistol.

At two o'clock in the afternoon, a convoy composed of elements of the Municipal, State, Federal Police, AEI and the Ministry of National Defense supervised the installed points for the reordering of public spaces, where it is intended that members of the Confederation of Autonomous Workers and Employees of Mexico (CATEM) be working.

The arrest

A few meters from where a meeting was held with high security controls, the vehicle acted in a suspicious manner, so the police came to investigate.

Some of the people descended from the unit, ran and jumped the fence that was a meter away.

But inside the vehicle was El Oaxaco, so he was handcuffed by the authorities.

The detainee was taken to the Prosecutor's Office.

The Oaxaco, leader of assassins

According to sources from the Attorney General's Office, El Oaxaco was in charge of the criminal organization after the arrest of his brother David Rios, alias el Gordo or Junior, arrested on Thursday, December 11, 2018.

David Rios and Carlos "N" were arrested and they were carrying two kilograms of methamphetamine, marijuana and other objects.

David Rios, El Junior, was considered the operational leader of the Gulf Cartel in the Central Valley region of the state of Oaxaca. Federal authorities consider him responsible for the distribution and transfer of narcotics, firearms, theft of hydrocarbons, as well as "land collection" and extortion in the state of Oaxaca.

El Junior has an arrest warrant issued by the Second Criminal Court of Oaxaca, where he is allegedly responsible for the crime of homicide.

But after his arrest, his brother known as El Oaxaco, who fought for the cartel on the supply market, stayed behind and, on several occasions, he has left narcomensajes on murdered people.

He is investigated for executions

Carlos Abraham is investigated for several homicides in the plaza of Central Valleys, and has a court order, where his brother David is already processed.

According to reports, it is the double homicide that occurred in the month of March 2014 on the federal highway 190 that connects the Isthmus of Tehuantepec, at the height of the Swing of Santa María Ixcotel, where a member of the Asamblea Popular de los Pueblos de Oaxaca (APPO) and a guard was shot.

Source:
https://www.nvinoticias.com/nota/118876/cae-presunto-lider-del-cartel-del-golfo-en-oaxaca

Re: CDG leader in Oaxaca arrested

Lala
It is really weird, el Oaxaco also was/is the leader of that union (CATEM) and the same day he was arrested taxi and mototaxi drivers from that union installed blockades in all the city accesses, and i mean ALL, demanding the release of their leader. People from that union and the Libertad union often have had bloody clashes, several of them in the same area where el Oaxaco was arrested, not long ago a bunch were arrested and I think 3 people died, included a 14 yo who was passing by in his bicycle (those times it wasn't taxis but cargo transport people), this morning there was a shootout between both unions (now it was construction workers shooting each other because of who works in a construction site), don't ask me, I don't get it, it's very weird.

Also weird how the arrest went, because there had been (finally!) an ongoing operative by security forces at mercado de abastos (which is a rat's nest for assaults, sale of stolen goods, etc...), so for the last week or 10 days before the arrest police had been daily in the area doing inspections, arrests and stuff. El Oaxaco was arrested in an area right behind the mercado, by the river, that had been illegally taken over by merchants from the market, and it was planned for the authorities to take over the day before, secure the area to kick people out for the dismantling of the illegal buildings to begin later. So this didn't happen the day it was originally announced (I mean in the press, it wasn't a surprise) but the following one, and that's when and where el Oaxaco was caught, same guy the authorities had tried to arrest last year in Etla and the man escaped in a shootout, but now he shows up in the middle of an announced operative to secure a lot with some bodegas? Weird. Very glad he's been caught though.

Re: CDG leader in Oaxaca arrested

leChef
@Lala: Thanks for the insight. Very valuable!

Re: CDG leader in Oaxaca arrested

Lala
I don't know if valuable but thanks, shit just doesn't make sense O_O, I was about to post here about it the day of the arrest and the million blockades but betweeen how pissed off I was about the blockade blackmail to free a well known criminal and the fact that I just don't understand shit about the whole union mafias in Oaxaca stuff and how they are untouchable I ended up deleting and rewriting a few times and in the end didnt post anything, I actually thought it had been CJNG who took over after Zetas here a few years ago and not Golfo, or maybe they are the other union

Re: CDG leader in Oaxaca arrested

Here are a couple of videos from the confrontation between those two transport unions down there 2 days ago. 2 people died apparently.

Re: CDG leader in Oaxaca arrested

Lala
Thanks for posting it

One at least for sure but yeah might be 2 by now, there was another one injuried, the first one who died was the guy who organized the colectivo taxis in one of the sites at the central de abastos for the Libertad union.

That was about who paves a piece of road, Libertad union got the work contract, CATEM showed up wanting a piece, trucks were burnt and all the shit, as usual in México authorities only showed up when shit was over (except one motorbike, they arrived too soon and didn't know what to do).

I think it was Libertad burnt CATEM's trucks when they showed up, then CATEM brought the artillery and shit really hit the fan, that's what locals comment.

Neighbors from the area retained I think 14 people involved in the shootings and stuff and delivered them to the authorities but they already got released, the governor has threatened CATEM to take out their license if they don't behave (as if there wasn't enough shit to have done it months or years ago, and to both unions! yet he won't do it, I bet a bottle of good mezcal), but the neighbors in the area (Trinidad de Viguera) are not allowing either union (taxis and mototaxis) to even enter, we'll see how that goes.

Re: CDG leader in Oaxaca arrested

Lala
There we go again.

The leader of the other union, Libertad, Salvador René Balderas, was arrested a bit ago, and now all the taxis and mototaxis from his union are blocking the whole city demanding his release... am I living in a loop or something?

https://www.adnsureste.info/detiene-aei-a-lider-del-sindicato-libertad-taxistas-bloquean-calles-2120-h/?fbclid=IwAR3SOyA39YLy8jVP_aAbidPW6oIrJqZLlTSwq8M7n4w__6WRH1LqnkpSLo0