Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

Soliado
The website http://www.nbcnews.com for November 3, 2014, reported that U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers made three separate seizures of drugs that were discovered secreted within the exterior and interior of cars crossing into Arizona from Mexico.  The seizures occurred at the Nogales, Douglas and Naco, Arizona ports of entry.

NOGALES - U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers seized more than 82 pounds of cocaine and methamphetamine in separate smuggling attempts at the Port of Nogales this weekend.

A 21-year-old Nogales, Sonora resident was arrested at the Mariposa crossing on Friday, Oct. 31. The officers discovered about 18 pounds of methamphetamine inside her Mercury sedan's bumper. The contraband was estimated to be worth $54,000.

Later that day, a 62-year-old woman was arrested at the Dennis DeConcini crossing after a CBP narcotics detection canine alerted the officers to nearly five pounds of cocaine and 46 pounds of methamphetamine inside one of her Isuzu SUV's rear quarter panels. The cocaine inside the Nogales, Sonora resident's vehicle was estimated to be worth almost $52,000 and the methamphetamine was worth nearly $137,000.

A 26-year-old woman was arrested at the Mariposa crossing on Saturday, Nov. 1 after a CBP narcotics detection canine alerted the officers to 14 pounds of methamphetamine in the back seats of the her Dodge sedan. The drugs inside the Goodyear, Ariz. resident's vehicle were estimated to be worth about $42,000.

DOUGLAS - U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers arrested a local woman and a Mexican national for smuggling more than $250,000 of marijuana through the Port of Douglas on Saturday, Nov. 1.

Manuel De Jesus Lopez-Montano was arrested for smuggling about 255 pounds of marijuana. The marijuana found in the 64-year-old Mexican man's vehicle was estimated to be worth about $127,000.
Rosalylya Espinosa-Lopez was arrested after a CBP narcotic detection canine alerted the officers to nearly 246 pounds of marijuana in her Pontiac sedan. The marijuana found in the 30-year-old Douglas resident's vehicle was estimated to be worth nearly $123,000.

NACO - U.S. Customs and Border Protections officers arrested a Mexican national for smuggling about 60 pounds of marijuana through the Port of Naco on Saturday, Nov. 1.

Jose Humberto Osuna-Carbajal was apprehended after a CBP narcotics detection canine alerted officers to 57 packages of marijuana in a compartment built into the floor of his Mercedes sedan. The drugs were estimated to be worth $30,000.

In each seizure, the drugs and the vehicles were seized. Every driver and passenger were referred to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Homeland Security Investigations. Just another typical weekend on the U.S./Mexico border that runs along Southern Arizona.

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

Its maryjane harvest season in the Golden Triangle so Im sure border is especially on alert this time of year.

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

dcm90

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

K_Mennem
Mexican marijuana is still smoked in Southern cities at a pretty high rate. Cities like San Diego, Tucson, ABQ, El Paso, Corpus Christi, ect. still buy large amounts of Mexican marijuana for the middle to lower class users.

I get how most people who smoke high dollar weed think that Mexican weed is not relevant, but that is just not true.

Not everyone can afford the high quality stuff and not everyone prefers to smoke it.

deelucky1
You must be living under a rock and still think breakdancing is cool if you smoke that sh*t it is clearly used for novelty purposes what else.

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

K_Mennem
Funny. Sorry, but that is just not true.

Thousands of pounds of marijuana are crossing still the border every day. Every gram of that will be sold and smoked (mostly in border states). There is still a large segment in border states buying the cheap marijuana. Not all street and low income smokers can afford anything else.

Obviously Mexican marijuana is not a big player like it used to be. Prices have dropped almost 75% from Mexico. Mexico is still making a profit and cheap smokers are getting a better deal because of the competition.

Most agencies have changed the estimate of 60% percent of marijuana in the US coming from Mexico years ago, down to 20% in 2014.

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

marijuana growers shifted to growing poppy $25 bucks a key aint cutting it, heroin addiction is up in the u.s 70%, they should open free clinics for addicts with free and cheap drugs its proven to make addicts quit and bring violence down plus local dealers cant sell. that would really bring down the cartels profits down.dont beleive everything those agencys say. they can also be bought not just mexican officials. watch the whitey bulger doc. its a good one

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

In Vancouver they have those free needles and I think its Methodone they give to users controversial but based on a program in England.Its been running about 5 years and I know a woman who was addicted she said to Percocet she goes to the drugstore and gets a cocktail of Methodone every day.Its cheap and shes been doing it over 10 years still not weaned off the stuff.You have a good point though;it takes the money away from the illegal drug traffickers.

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

dcm90

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

La Flama Blanca
@DCM:

I hear you.  I've done methadone but never used it as maintenance or to kick.  Suboxone on the the other hand is definitely hard to get off too, not nearly as hard as methadone though.  I had a friend who WD'ed from methadone for 3 FUCKING MONTHS!! (and he said each day was worse than H WD's).  On the contrary Suboxone withdrawals only last a few weeks and are mild compared to H or MD.  Plus if you ween down off suboxone its not that bad, and lol I never had any problems going #2.  But I have kicked H before cold turkey.  But the second time I went the suboxone route in order to keep working.  However, there were plenty of times while on suboxone that I definetly thought about getting back on dope, and then just tough it out for 3-5 days.

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

La Flama Blanca
@dcm:

mennen is right. Some people prefer the less potent mexi work.  They can smoke it continuoulsy (like cigarettes) and not get high as fuck, and continue on with daily activities.  For some people (this goes for every drug out there) its not about getting as high as you can, its about just feeling a slight buzz, and then you can continue on being productive throughout the rest of the day.

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

Siskiyou_Kid
Everybody I know smokes high quality green bud continuously all day long, and they do not smoke brick weed.

Yeah, you stay high for an hour or two, but work still gets done and it just becomes another thing to break up the monotony of working all day, like chewing or smoking tobacco.

They are smoking high quality kush strains that average 20-30% THC.

My ranch and construction foreman starts the day with a cigarette holder with about 20 one grams joints he prerolls every night. He grows 4 plants every year of specific and potent kush strains, and he consumes all of the 20 lbs of bud himself, although he expects his coworkers to help him consume the joints he smokes.

He rarely has any left at the end of the work day. He was diagnosed with MS 8 years ago, and because he works hard day in and day out, he has not experience any progression from the disease, although he receives weekly shots [$250/each] that have reduced his MS-related brain lesions by 95%.

@Siski

Im from California  too.  All i smoke is good weed.  But different people have different tolerances and preferences.  plus not everyone gets free weed , or can afford the higher stuff.  You are much more knowledgeable than me, but that brick weed is being bought  and smoked by somebody.

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

Siskiyou_Kid
LFB

There's no doubt that like K Mennem said there are a lot of working class people in the US who choose to smoke brick weed, my point is that after you smoke all day, day after day, it doesn't really matter what you smoke, you just don't get any higher.

The guys I know who work take multiple BHO hits with a torch and a nail in the morning and during breaks, and they don't get nearly as high as I would. I take one of those and I'm useless, but these guys go right back to work.

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

tuSancho
I'll tell you who smokes brick weed... me. jajaja
But, it is actually sack or 'costal' weed straight from the highlands of the area near Compostela Nayarit, Chapo's roots.
It is because there is almost no chronic available in the rural area here.
But it is all flowers and mostly sinsemilla.  Compas y yo split a half kilo three ways... 300 pesos each.  When cleaned with a grinder and rolled it's not bad.
There is chronic that comes around from Guadalajara but much more expensive than California.  It is hard to find good weed in Mexico.

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

Siskiyou_Kid
People don't realize when you get fresh flowers from the highlands, it gets you just as high as chronic, IF you haven't smoked chronic in some time.

After you been smoking that stuff, which smells good and has good flavor, you get your moneys worth when you bong rip some sticky icky.

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

ThinkTank

Hahaha. I remember the 'pillows' of unpressed mostly sinsemilla that we called pretendica. Those were that days....................

Re: Busy Weekend at Arizona Ports of Entry

Siskiyou_Kid
I used to know some guys in Douglas that would get those straight from the tunnel.

They're still locked up in Texas, and it's been a looooooooong time.