Brutal Images on open season on dealers in Philippines 300 killed in 1 month

Re: Brutal Images on open season on dealers in Philippines 300 killed in 1 month

O I never thought of that:that the rivals would be busy killing.Makes sense.Can you imagine if this was implemented in Mexico?O but they already kill their rivals with impunity so probably wouldn't make much difference than now.

Re: Brutal Images on open season on dealers in Philippines 300 killed in 1 month

Apparently the drug of choice in the Philipines is meth and look at those jailbirds not 1 fat 1 so that fits the profile.Whether the meth comes from China or Mexico I don't know but makes more sense China as they have the chemicals and can make it without  that smuggling risk all the way from Mexico.This new President was also Mayor of 1 of the largest cities and cleaned crime up there so he comes with a proven track record.

Re: Brutal Images on open season on dealers in Philippines 300 killed in 1 month

Siskiyou_Kid
Yes, Chinese triads are the primary root of the meth trade in Asia, so far.

However, In the Philippines, as well as in several nearby Asian countries with draconian drug laws, corruption is nearly as endemic as Mexico, and many political, financial, and military elites are either directly involved in the drug trade, or benefit in various ways, whether laundered campaign contributions, votes from gang controlled slums, or targeted violence.

In the Philippines President Duterte revealed the names of 150 government officials, including 5 National Police generals, and members of congress he alleged are involved in the drug trade.

The extrajudicial killings mostly involve vendettas against users, but the Philippines does have a horrible meth epidemic, and because I live in a lawless valley with a horrible outbreak of crime related to meth and heroin, I can understand the public's desperation.

At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn Duterte is also involved, being the cynic I am.

Re: Brutal Images on open season on dealers in Philippines 300 killed in 1 month

Wow he's liable to get himself killed revealing all that info on government officials and yes sometimes the 1 pointing the finger at others is also the 'guilty 1'.[Ever hear of the guy having an affair but is pointing at the wife?]Filipinos tell me there is a lot of corruption there but they all adore the Pres and they say he isn't corrupt like all the others were.

Re: Brutal Images on open season on dealers in Philippines 300 killed in 1 month

Siskiyou_Kid
I have to admit the people think he's legit and when I read his wikipedia page there were some redeeming traits.

I have learned not to judge other countries by democratic western standards, because sometimes extreme measures are needed, but I have a really hard time with extrajudicial killings committed by the public at large.

Re: Brutal Images on open season on dealers in Philippines 300 killed in 1 month

el Spaceio
wow that is so freaky in the video of Canadian getting head chopped off you can see his eyes moving when they holding his head up
~~~ I believe in equal rights for every Honest Person on this Planet regardless of Race or Money ~~~

favorite quote "helping to better the lives of others is the greatest of all achievements" http://www.feinsteinfoundation.org/

my email is lostowl@lycos.com

Viva the Law!!!

Re: Brutal Images on open season on dealers in Philippines 300 killed in 1 month

Apparently Mexican products are arriving and thriving in the Phillipines along with China's but I'm sure this President has to have made some dent in business for them.

Re: Brutal Images on open season on dealers in Philippines 300 killed in 1 month

jlopez
A very interesting report appeared in NPR on September 16 in Goodman's "Democracy Now". A former hit man by the name of Edgar Matobato (I kid you not!) testified in a Senate committee hearing that Rodrigo Duterte had ordered the executions of more than a thousand people when Duterte was mayor of Davao. In fact, Leila de Lima, the Senator who presided over the hearing, had actually been a target.

Duterte has been in office a little less than 3 months and about 3,500 persons have been killed; about 1,500 by police and about 2,000 by "unknown assailants." If you add the more than 1,000 assassinations carried out by his death squads when Duterte was mayor of Davao, it's clear he has been busy. Of course, all the persons executed were criminals, so their deaths are justified. At least from his point of view. If some were not guilty of anything, well, they are unavoidable collateral damage.

Re: Brutal Images on open season on dealers in Philippines 300 killed in 1 month

Apparently drug dealers have put $1 million bounty on his head.That makes sense that they would do this.Sorry can't remember where I read it.
12