Borderwall

Re: Borderwall

property was no problem because of family rights but banking as in checking accounts for international banking via US-Mx-central america forget about it

Re: Borderwall

Thank you!  and good discussion..

Re: Borderwall

Podrido
My family immigrated to Canada after the Second World War yet, somehow, as a white person I have never been asked if I am of an immigrant family or treated as though I was an immigrant, nor has anyone in my family.

Weird. I wonder why that is, despite the fact people of colour who are born and raised and have been for generations are treated as such?

Please be mindful of the fact your family immigrated to these lands at one point too.
White people are not native to North America.

Further to that, much of the land which became the states of New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, California, Texas, and western Colorado were all part of Mexico until the 1840's. Hence the racial disparity you see there. (I.E. they have been living there much longer than you.)

texastee wrote
Your entire family came here... And that is hundreds of thousands of dollars wasted and stolen from medicade ..social programs..hiring extra ucis workers and flooding and destorying dmv and other social systems. For example in sf california i went to DMV and line up was 100 men long ..All illegal mexican ..none were white american. My point is you people are a cancer and a drain to the country. And coming here illegally makes you even more of a cancer. Hopefully we can forget the wall and just round up mexicans and latinos.
Just a lurker.

Re: Borderwall

Mica
Figured since this is related to the topic, it would be better to add to this ongoing discussion, rather than start a new thread.

Mexico pushes back after top U.S. court favors Trump on shunning migrants

MEXICO CITY, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Mexico pushed back on Thursday against a U.S. Supreme Court ruling granting a Trump administration request to fully enforce a new rule curtailing asylum applications by immigrants at the U.S.-Mexico border, one that could create a new headache for Mexico.

The court on Wednesday said that so long as the issue is being litigated, immigrants who want asylum can be required to first seek safe haven in a third country through which they travel on the way to the United States.

"This is the ruling by the court, it's a U.S. issue, and obviously we don't agree with it, we have a different policy," Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard told a news conference.

The court's move comes at a delicate time for Mexican-U.S. relations. Under U.S. President Donald Trump's threat of imposing tariffs, Mexico has agreed to house many of the surging number of Central American asylum-seekers south of the border pending their U.S. hearings.

That gesture has led to a decline in U.S. apprehensions and rejections of migrants at the border, which totaled 64,000 people in August, down 22% from July and 56% from a high mark in May.

Even though arrests are still at their highest for any month of August since 2007, the decline from earlier this year won Mexico praise from Trump following a White House meeting on Tuesday.

But Mexico has resisted U.S. pressure to sign a formal "safe third country" agreement that would commit it to hearing the asylum cases of migrants from Central American and elsewhere, a move that would take even more pressure off the U.S. border.

"This can't come about from a court ruling by another country. It's an agreement between two or more countries," Ebrard said, referring to a safe third country agreement. "Mexico won't accept it under any circumstances."

Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador has been at pains to avoid angering Trump in the fraught discussions over trade and migration, mindful that Mexico sends around 80% of its exports to the United States.

Lopez Obrador, who spoke with Trump by telephone on Wednesday, told the news conference the call was fruitful and there was nothing that would lead to the imposition of measures that would hurt the Mexican economy.

Asked whether the two presidents could meet in person, Ebrard said the matter has been under consideration, but that there were no plans for a meeting in the short term.

Mindful of domestic political pressure not to cave in to the Unuted States, Ebrard repeated that Mexico expected U.S. authorities to curb the southward flow of illegal weapons into Mexico, a stance his government has adopted to counter U.S. demands to do more to stop migrants heading north.

Successive Mexican governments have pointed out that illicit arms sales from the United States into Mexico have fueled turf wars between drug gangs and clashes with security forces, exacerbating social problems and adding to migratory pressures.

Ebrard said it was in his country's interest to keep migrant numbers down to avoid tensions with Washington on the issue in the run-up to the 2020 U.S. presidential election.

Following threats in late May by Trump to impose tariffs on all Mexican imports, Mexico on June 7 pledged to take a series of steps to curb migration, including sending thousands of its National Guardsmen to the country's borders.

The two governments agreed to take stock of that effort after 90 days and Ebrard held talks with senior U.S. officials in Washington on Tuesday to review the results. He afterwards said the country was a long way from facing tariffs. (Reporting by Stefanie Eschenbacher Additional reporting by Adriana Barrera Writing by Dave Graham and Daniel Trotta; Editing by Howard Goller and Alistair Bell)
.

Re: Borderwall

.
This post was updated on .
Thanks Mica.  Good read.

True what Ebrard says that the US can't force Mex into a safe third-country agreement via a ruling from US courts, but the US can implement a ruling that interprets its own immigration policy.

Re: Borderwall

El_Tacticool
I was born here your racist clown.  Served in the US Armed Forces as well as others in my family.  We paid our dues to this country and still do know.  Most likely way more than you and your entire European family has ever done.
.

Re: Borderwall

.
Impressive Tacticool.  Much like me and my family all the way back to WWII.  And thank you (and all the rest of us, both living and passed) for your service.  Regardless, I don't hear much racism in this thread, just discourse.

Re: Borderwall

Podrido
@Patole

texastee wrote
My point is you people are a cancer and a drain to the country. And coming here illegally makes you even more of a cancer. Hopefully we can forget the wall and just round up mexicans and latinos.
I believe this is what Tacticool was (rightfully imho) defending against. The implications of Texastee's statement being that regardless of legality Mexicans and Latinos are 'a cancer', which is fairly severe imo.

I think discourse is a good thing, these issues tend to give rise to emotions however. Some of that is expected as a result of any discussion on a topic such as this.
Just a lurker.
.

Re: Borderwall

.
Indeed, point taken.  Respect to all positive contributors.

Re: Borderwall

all four of my Martinez great uncles served in ww2 at the same time.  one was a prisoner of war. we are a family who has proudly served our country.  through military and many are civil servants, judges, DA's, doctors, teachers, fire chief, police, and police detectives. etc etc etc