Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

Havana
Maybe not on target

CHULA VISTA, Calif. (AP) — A Border Patrol agent fatally shot a 32-year-old mother of five Friday in suburban San Diego as he rode on the hood of her car after she ran into him, authorities and family members said.
The agent fired after being driven several hundred yards on the hood, Chula Vista police Capt. Gary Wedge told The Associated Press. The woman was later identified in a police statement as Valeria Alvarado.
The shooting occurred about five miles north of the Mexican border as plainclothes agents were looking to serve a felony warrant in the area to someone other than Alvarado, Border Patrol Deputy Chief Rodney Scott told U-T San Diego.
Scott said the agent was stuck atop the car as Alvarado drove.
"Fearing for his life, he discharged his weapon to get the vehicle to stop," Scott said. No other agents fired.
Alvarado was declared dead at the scene, and the agent was taken to a hospital. His injuries were not clear.
After talking to investigators, family members including her husband and cousin told U-T San Diego that Alvarado was a housewife and mother of five children ranging from ages 3 to 17 who went by the name Monique.
"I love her to the fullest. That's my heart," husband Gilbert Alvarado said. "Where's the evidence my wife threatened a trained officer? I want justice."
Family members said Valeria Alvarado grew up in Chula Vista where the shooting took place but had been living about five miles away in the Southcrest neighborhood of San Diego, and they did not know why she was in her former hometown.
Hector Salazar, one of several neighbors who witnessed the incident, said he saw a man in civilian clothes on the hood of a black car aiming a gun at the windshield.
Salazar told U-T San Diego the man started pulling the trigger, and he heard about five shots. Moments later, other plainclothes agents approached the car, he said.
The person named in the warrant the agents were serving was not apprehended, Scott said.
The FBI and Chula Vista police are investigating.

http://news.yahoo.com/border-patrol-agent-shoots-kills-woman-calif-234104359.html

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

JesusTheMoose
Another sad case of self-defense.
The only object of liberty is life. -- G. K. Chesterton

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

El Regio
It never states how he got on the hood to begin with does it? Did she drive at him or did he run and jump on the hood thinking it was the person they were looking for?

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

Havana
 I do know she wasn't wanted by the police and the Border agent was in plain clothes was looking for a guy to serve.  So, maybe the mother of five freaked trying to get out of there, seeing a guy with a gun.

He may have interpreted the fleeing as guilt of something, jumped on the hood to avoid get run over, and shot out of fear on top of the car to get her to stop.

I can see not wanting to stop for a guy waving a gun and getting into shooting stance especially not in uniform. And I can see law enforcement shooting in self defense if you are stuck on the hood of a moving vehicle. no sé

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57523860/conflicting-stories-in-border-patrol-officers-fatal-shooting-of-woman/

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

Frontera
It is truly unfortunate that she was killed and extremely fortunate the agent wasn’t killed by her actions.

A portion of the lead in sentence “A Border Patrol agent fatally shot a 32-year-old mother of five……” would lead one to believe that it is not fair and balanced reporting rather prejudice against the Border Patrol. The reporter slanted the whole story towards a poor innocent woman, with exception to a few short comments. Terrible reporting.

Then goes on to state: “…..she ran into him.” Making a person believe to save his life he had to jump on the hood of the car and then she kept driving for several hundred yards with the agent on the hood. How fast was she going? Was he trying to stop her as the reason he jumped on the hood? Terrible reporting.

Chula Vista is a hell hole for agents.

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

Havana
That's very true Frontera. Thus far, no unbiased updates of the actual event exist either.

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

jason5683
Banned User
I love how it says, "a MOTHER OF 5".  Is it unimaginable that some whore who had 5 kids could break the law?

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

WonderBread
jason5683 wrote
I love how it says, "a MOTHER OF 5".  Is it unimaginable that some whore who had 5 kids could break the law?
That's messed up to say.  Could have been a Mormon!

Feds get away with murder all the time.

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

JesusTheMoose
I wouldn't call Chula Vista "suburban" and Moss St. where this happened isn't a great neighborhood. It could be an accident of happenstance with this lady just freaking out. Last I knew, agents just don't jump on hoods. Could she have thought it was a levantado? It's possible. Are there more questions to be answered? Sure. I'll wait and see before passing judgement.

The only object of liberty is life. -- G. K. Chesterton

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

El Regio
Agreed Frontera, that is why I ask. I don't know how is at fault based on the bad reporting in this story. It is biased towards both individuals and one cannot make a proper determination as to who was at fault.

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

http://www.10news.com/news/police-release-additional-information-in-border-patrol-shooting-investigation

Apparently, she has a narcotics conviction (meth is my guess) from 2011, and was in a known drug house at the time of the shooting, just prior to it, where the agents came to serve the warrant.  Authorities say she was fleeing the scene, and badges were visible upon several of the agents.  If the if toxicology comes back positive, this is a wrap, she was on crystal and trying to get the hell out of there, to avoid arrest, which would cause additional problems, as she was on probation, likely with a suspended sentence. Tragic, still.

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

i posted the story at the bottom of my post on the BPAs attacked and one killed in Az.  we got so many comments about this case I decided to post it.

More details are released now.  She was leaving a drug house which witnesses say she frequents.  She is on probation for drugs and had two other arrests.  Probably she was trying to get away no matter what because caught with dope or high would mean jail....

i posted a long article  HERE ON THIS POST

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

†.©ĤİVǾ.†

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

jason5683
Banned User
Like I said, poor mother of 5!

On Oct 3, 2012, at 5:53 AM, † ©ĤİVǾ † [via Borderland Beat Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

To much info is missing from this story...

To unsubscribe from Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday, click here.
NAML

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

southtexas1

Re: Border Patrol in San Diego Shot Mother of 5 yesterday

jason5683
Banned User
Well said!

southtexas1 wrote
Poor mother of 5 my arse. 32 years old and popping em out like rabbits. Quit trading sex for drugs and you won`t end up pregnant all the dang time. I`m sure she was an upstanding contributing member of the assimilating society and was driving down the wrong street and got scared from all the "scary looking people" around.  Her ass was high and she knew her butt was going to jail if she broke her probation. Meth makes you do crazy stuff like run over cops. When will every one quit yapping about how law enforcement just loves shooting people. That`s an outlandish statement. They no more want to shoot someone than fly to the moon. But given the choice of being on the hood of a car that will eventully be going very fast, or shooting the driver to get the car stopped??? Not a tough one for anyone. Taking a human life is not easy for most law abiding, moral people, and cops are that.  So go ahead and throw out how you know these dirty pigs and such and such. If you weren`t doing anything to get noticed by the police, you woulnd`t have to worry about the cops, now would you???