Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

Locked 70 messages Options

Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

alturas de vértigo

The Border Patrol was filmed swiping blankets and other provisions intended for immigrants crossing illegally from Mexico into the state of Arizona, a pro-immigrant humanitarian group says.

In a video dated Jan. 8 and uploaded to YouTube Thursday, a person who appears to be a Border Patrol agent walks off with a plastic bag. The Tucson-based group No More Deaths says the bags contained blankets.

Immigrant activists have long placed water, food blankets and other supplies in the unforgiving Arizona desert in an attempt to reduce the number of deaths suffered by border crossers.

"In an effort to prevent the cruel deaths and suffering commonplace in the U.S./Mexico borderlands, No More Deaths and other humanitarian aid organizations provide food, water and emergency medical aid to individuals in distress," NMD said in a press release. "It is shocking to see Border Patrol agents sabotaging these efforts, instead of helping to respond to the humanitarian catastrophe that U.S. border enforcement strategy has itself unleashed."

Southern Arizona has experienced an unusually cold winter this year. A No More Deaths spokeswoman told the Arizona Daily Star that the film was shot near Arivaca, 12 miles north of the border, where the overnight low reached 30 degrees on Jan. 8.

The Border Patrol found 368 people dead in fiscal year 2011.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/18/border-patrol-blankets_n_2498585.html
thought=energy

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

EL GUAPO
This is nothing new. The bastards have been caught in the past destroying water stations in the desert during the height
of the summer months.....

Guess if they ain't shooting them in the back, they'll kill them some other way
Contributing journalist to SiriusXM Road Dog Channel #106 and the award winning "The Lockridge Report", Member of TWNA, owner of Mexico Trucker Online,

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

you are right Guapo...mans inhumanity to man.  Sad

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

Baggy
makes his job easier... funding corpses instead of chasing runners.  I'm guessing this is pretty common

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

1966tinman
These  groups that leave blankets , water , and food on the border are helping the drug smugglers and coyotes who don't give a shit about  illegal immigrants and even the drug mules .  Check out the horrific conditions that immigrants are found when American law enforcement authorities raid a stash house : no food , no water , subject to being tortured , raped , and murdered  .  Now all you bleeding heart liberals will blame the Border Patrol for all the immigrant deaths when in reality blame should be assigned to those that do not heed the advise not to come here illegally .

No, these groups that leave these items are helping HUMAN BEINGS!
Contributing journalist to SiriusXM Road Dog Channel #106 and the award winning "The Lockridge Report", Member of TWNA, owner of Mexico Trucker Online,

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

nope...take your blinders off.  I am a conservative, a republican but this is not an issue of being documented to enter the country in a lawful manner.

not a legal issue
its a humanity issue

BTW I am sure you know that the rate of undocumented migrants coming to the US from latin America is drying up.  only 20% of those going into California are now from lat am.

in cal and across the US, it is Asian undocumented migrants that are the bulk

lat am has been dropping for years, was at zero gain two years ago and now below that.

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

STXjarhead
I dont agree with taking life sustaining supplies that have been left for these people. I get what you are saying, it does act as almost an open invitation. "Here is some help while you enter our borders illegally". But at the end of the day, these are people. You've got to have some sympathy to the human plight. I wonder what kind of greetings gringos would get if thousands upon thousands flooded the mexican border. If you're hispanic, swing that judgemental pendelum back the other way for a second and think about how you would feel if it were the other way around. I'm all about people trying to make a better life for themselves, whether it's here or somewhere else... Dont get me wrong, but IMO if you come here you need to go about it the right way, documented (which is a huge pain in the ass). As for most Border Patrol, they are just doing their jobs. If they are doing their jobs, a lot of people arent going to be happy.

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

jason5683
What the hell is a pro-immigrant humanitarian?  Promoting illegal entrance to the country in a humane way?  I love it.  A pro-immigrant humanitarian group dedicated to assisting humane delivery of slaves!

SWEET!  Do they have letter head and a Facebook page too?

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

STXjarhead
You could also make the argument that this activity is aiding and abetting. I mean, technically, these people are assisting in the commission of a crime. I think this is one of those gray areas, though.

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

EL GUAPO
You could make that argument but it would be a little thin just as the other argument about pro-immigrant groups encourage illegal immigration....

It's happening, it will continue to happen. Migration is cyclic.... We've seen it for almost 100 years.....

And providing life saving supplies such as water isn't meant to encourage, nor does it encourage people to come here illegally
Contributing journalist to SiriusXM Road Dog Channel #106 and the award winning "The Lockridge Report", Member of TWNA, owner of Mexico Trucker Online,

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

Pinchegringo
STXjarhead wrote
You could also make the argument that this activity is aiding and abetting. I mean, technically, these people are assisting in the commission of a crime. I think this is one of those gray areas, though.
Gray area for me as well.  You can easily argue both sides of the issue with relative ease.

I do think people jump the gun on blaming BP however.  They are just doing their job and it's not like there is a sign that reads "Blankets Gratis!" in flashing neon so to paint the BP as dismissive and evil without knowing all the facts is unfair.  Just b/c a video was posted of them picking up the blankets doesn't mean they didn't relocate them or better yet, a novel idea, maybe they even gave them to the folks they captured.

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

EL GUAPO
Come on PincheGringo! You're not that naive as to think that are you?

This is not the first time they've been caught doing this and at other times, gleefully kicking and destroying plastic water jugs left in the desert for these migrants......
Contributing journalist to SiriusXM Road Dog Channel #106 and the award winning "The Lockridge Report", Member of TWNA, owner of Mexico Trucker Online,

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

STXjarhead
I was just making a simple observation that TECHNICALLY, that is aiding and abetting. I do feel for these people roughing it in the brush. I am right now as I type this, 4 miles away from the Rio Grande. I see these people weekly. We had a guy come up to us just yesterday toting everything he owned in a garbage bag and he had an elastic band from a pair of underwear tied to a gallon water jug. He asked for water, so I filled his water jug up and I made him a sandwich. If thats the case, I aided and abetted, too.

But I do see the other side, as well. I know landowners out here that cant keep anything. Some of these people will steal anything they can get their hands on. Most wont even lock their barns, sheds, or bunkhouses up because they will just break in and they're out more money replacing windows and doors. I used to hunt at Carta Valley Wildlife outside of San Angelo for years before they closed it down and sold it off. They were down to one bunk house for hunters last time I was there because some immigrants broke into the place. They found some bacon in the fridge, so they fried it up and left a skillet full of bacon grease on the stove over a hot burner. The whole place burnt down and it took him forever to work out the details of a settlement with the insurance company. So please dont think everyone of these guys are just poor, little innocent peole trying to get by.

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

I think you are smarter than that Jason and new phrases are coined all the time.

What is meant is simple and sans legal issues.  It means treating people humanely.  Providing  basics to survive.

Doing the right thing.
Doing the moral thing.

There are people in Tx who provide water and sandwiches to lost and migrants starving and dehydrated.  Yet the majority call Immigration while doing so, I have no issue with that, they are treating people with kindness, compassionately, yet stick to their stance on immigrantion.

I think that illustration of conducting oneself in a humane way towards those in desperate need does not get any clearer.  It means nothing more than that, it does not mean becoming a trafficker of human beings.

get it?

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

don't be silly....

in your argument, if you know there are people dying because of lack of food or water and they then die, are you guilty of manslaughter?

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

jason5683
Chivis,

I am smart enough to know if you don't break the law then that scenario does not exists.   I believe you too are smart enough to know that.  You can't feel sorry for everyone.

Doing the right thing.  - Is not breaking the law.
Doing the moral thing.  - Is not breaking the law.

I don't need a lecture and I volunteer at my church and a local shelter for vets.  But feeling bad for people who break the law with intention is not in my playbook.  Is it in yours?  If so, everyone in prison has a sad story just for you.

Im not making an argument. Im simply presenting another side of it. I see things from both sides, dont go and be silly by making more out of it than it is. I do get what your saying about standing by while people die and if you read everything I wrote, you would've known that.. And no I didnt have Immigration on the phone while I fixed the man a sandwich. I know what you're getting at d'bag.

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

jason5683
Banned User
If the scenario was ranch land in Texas near the border.

Yes, I would take someone in and give them nourishment.
No, I would not set up water stations like they are running a marathon.

Fuck it Chivis, setup water stations for prisoners escaping.  No one should suffer, even law breakers during a crime.

Re: Border Patrol Took Blankets Intended For Immigrants Crossing Border, Group Says (VIDEO)

EL GUAPO
Jason? Are you as goddamned stupid as you seem or is it just an act? Jesus H. Christ with a popsicle stick stuck up his ass!
Contributing journalist to SiriusXM Road Dog Channel #106 and the award winning "The Lockridge Report", Member of TWNA, owner of Mexico Trucker Online,
1234