Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Slappy
Published 23 April 2018
https://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Bodies-of-3-Kidnapped-Mexican-Film-Students-Found-Murdered-20180423-0024.html

Authorities in Jalisco, Mexico confirm they’ve found the bodies of the three Mexican film students who were kidnapped just over a month ago near Guadalajara.

According to the Jalisco state prosecutor, Raul Sanchez, the students - 25-year-old Javier Salomon Aceves Gastelum, and twenty-year-olds Daniel Diaz and Marco Avalos - were killed by members of the New Generation Jalisco Cartel. Their bodies were doused with acid to leave them unrecognizable.

Officials have detained Gerardo N. and Omar N. in connection with the three killings.
After an outdoor filming session on March 19, the students were surrounded by armed men who claimed they were with the attorney general’s office.

Last Thursday, at the one-month disappearance of the students, classmates, families, and friends marched through parts of Guadalajara to demand the return of the three.

Jalisco governor, Aristoteles Sandoval had offered a reward of 1 million Mexican pesos - over $US55,000 - for the safe return of the youths.

Investigators are still looking for the eight others involved in the execution of the film students.

At least two others students were kidnapped around the same date as Avalos, Gastelum, and Diaz, one female was found safe, but medical student Cesar Ulises, also kidnapped in Guadalajara was discovered March 25 with signs of having taken his own life.

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Oh boy so sad.I think we kind of knew after a month of not showing up they were likely gone for good but at least the families will get some closure even though it wasn't the outcome they wanted.

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Chava
They are saying "dissolved" not "doused."

I'm still calling B.S.

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Slappy
I noticed that too.  Here is more info:

http://newsok.com/3-murdered-mexican-film-students-caught-in-gang-turf-battle/article/feed/2077382

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Three vanished film students whose case had become emblematic of Mexico's 30,000 missing people were killed after being caught unaware in the midst of a drug gang turf battle.

Prosecutors in the western state of Jalisco said late Monday the three were abducted by the Jalisco New Generation Cartel because they were filming a school project at a house used by the rival Nueva Plaza gang. The students were using the residence on the outskirts of the city of Guadalajara because it belonged to one of their aunts.

"Without knowing it, the students were in a very dangerous place which was being watched by hit men from the New Generation cartel," the prosecutor's office said. The aunt was implicated in a human trafficking case involving prostitution at massage parlors in the city of Guadalajara.

The students' fate horrified Mexico: Prosecutors said they were killed and their bodies dissolved in acid.

"Words can't describe the dimension of this madness," Oscar-winning Mexican director Guillermo del Toro wrote on Twitter. "Three students are killed and dissolved in acid. The 'why' is unthinkable, the 'how' is terrifying."

Prosecutors said the New Generation cartel lookouts who were watching the house mistook the students for rival gang members and abducted them on a road after they left the house.

Prosecutors said the gang took the students to a safe house and interrogated them. The gang beat one student so badly he died, leading them to kill the other two.

They then took them to another house, where prosecutors found jugs and tubs of sulfuric acid.

Traces of blood and the DNA of two of the students were found at the houses.

Investigators also found fake detectives' credentials at the houses; the killers apparently posed as detectives when they pulled the students over.

One gang leader had already been arrested at the aunt's house in 2015 and police had received reports of armed men hanging out at the property in 2017.

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

We had a double post up on the missing film students.Sorry Char Slappy beat you to it last night with his post but please feel free to add your info to this post.Double posts do happen every once in a while and I'm obligated to remove the 2nd post even if it is from a different news source but of course it  can always be added to the 1st.

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Slappy
In other articles I have read that the house was being watched because CJNG had intelligence that El Cholo was going to show up there.

There is a lot more going on here than we know apparently.

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

That's an understatement Slappy!

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Slappy
I always double check before hitting the 'publish' button.  Char's forum articles are my favorite, cuz he puts in info from multiple sources that I can't easily translate.  Like Corrido's or twitter/FB/Instagram sources.

Keep up the excellent work Char!

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Easy to blame the insurgents, for someone who still has near complete influence in all the offices of Jalisco.

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

ESLiero

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Char
Slappy
“cuz she puts in”... I am not a girl**
Thanks yeah I try to find the best information and share it.

Canadiana
It’s cool but instead of just deleting my articles and links that took me around 10 minutes to fully gather my information you guys could of done that. Just copied and paste my information to Slappy’s post not just straight deleting my stuff.

The information can be found in el Occidental of Jalisco about the disappearance of the students. Also, something that really sticks outs to me is that the general attorney of Jalisco is straight out blaming CJNG that goes to show that there is a divorce between Jalisco government and Mencho.

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

http://zetatijuana.com/2018/04/el-rapero-qba-acepta-que-ayudo-a-matar-y-desaparecer-en-acido-a-los-tres-estudiantes-de-jalisco/

The young man would have confessed, together with Gerardo "N", to have helped in the disappearance and dissolving in hydrochloric acid the bodies of Javier Salomón Aceves Gastélum, Daniel Díaz and Marco Ávalos.

The three film students were deprived of their freedom on March 19 in the municipality of Tonalá. The rapper has 121 thousand subscribers to his YouTube channel, which has a list of nine videos.

In one of the songs, entitled "Rest in peace", the young man is seen hitting a guy who appears handcuffed and bandaged with bloodstains on his clothes. At the end of the video he throws gasoline and then set it on fire.

When we talk about a generation impacted by narco violence, this is part of the consequences.

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Char:Sorry again.The thought did cross my mind about reposting your link but it would have come under canadiana looking like my post and that isn't right.I know you are 1 of the better contributors on here with a wide variety of sources which some have mentioned and you do spend lots finding and translating and I give you tons of credit for that.I think you do get the posts back when a post is deleted under your email handle.You could maybe take those and repost no?

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Those poor guys probably didn't have a clue what fate would hold for them.Talk about being in wrong place at the wrong time!Halcones everywhere so 3 young guys who weren't from the area would be definitely observed but if you aren't in the game you wouldn't know and being on a farm you would think you would be perfectly safe.Sometimes I think it safer travelling around Mexico to be a couple of girls rather than a couple of guys as you would be more so targeted being male.Sounds opposite than travelling around most other countries.

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Chava
Tía de estudiante de cine en Jalisco alteró escena del crimen

The aunt of a film student in Jalisco altered the scene of the crime

https://www.unotv.com/noticias/estados/jalisco/detalle/gobernador-confirma-que-tia-de-estudiante-altero-escena-del-crimen-422908/

This Thursday, the governor of Jalisco, Aristóteles Sandoval, confirmed that the work they have done so far in the state, confirmed that Edna Judith 'N', aunt of Javier Salomón Aceves, a film student killed in the entity, manipulated the scene of the crime and hindered the investigation; Among other things, the student's family took the vehicles from the scene.

Owner of some aesthetics for gentleman in Jalisco, the former businesswoman is now in custody and is being investigated for her alleged participation in the death of her nephew Javier Salomón and his companions, Jesús Daniel Díaz García and Marco García Ávalos.

"The lady behaved with a strong coldness, she manipulated the tests and the fact of involving her nephew, has no name. She was the one who denounced, and it is Javier's aunt who took the vehicles from the place where they were kidnapped, it is clear that she manipulated the crime scene, hindered our investigation and gave wrong information. " Sandoval interviewed by a radio program.

The governor commented that Javier's family has not wanted to reveal information and that those who have given information that has been useful to the case have been other relatives close to them.

It should be noted that five male aesthetics, owned by Edna "N", have been searched and closed as part of the investigations. Among the closed businesses are "Masajes Para Caballero Mediterráneo", "Masajes Jimmy's", "Masajes Alcalá", "Estética de Masajes Colombia" and "Estética Masculina Palacio", which were presumably handled by the aforementioned, who at the time of their arrest was charged for the crime of lenocinio (I do not know what this last word translates to).

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

BajaCheryl

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Chava
Thanks Cheryl....I was thinking something similar like that.....

Posting another link and I HATE to use Mexico News Daily..........but, here goes:

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/12000-march-in-guadalajara-for-missing-film-students/

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

There's another video here in this article of the rapper that was arrested for the boys 'disappearances'.I guess he was a 'cook' like the article on mainboard as well as a rapper and got paid a salary to dissolve bodies and the music was a lesser sideline.

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/rapper-dissolved-bodies-of-murdered-film-students-in-acid-for-notorious-drug-cartel-mexican-officials-say

Re: Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Mexican Film Students Found Murdered

Chava
https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/students-parents-reject-official-findings/

The parents of one of the three film students who disappeared in Jalisco March 19 have rejected the state government’s official version of events that the men were murdered and dissolved in acid by a drug cartel.

The parents — who asked not to be named because of the fear of reprisals and harassment — told Spanish news agency EFE that the information provided by the Jalisco Attorney General’s office (FGE) left them with a lot of doubts and that they fear that authorities want to prematurely shelve the case.

“I understand that we are in the election period and that this situation is not favorable to who is in government.  They [the state government] wanted to say that they could solve the case but they made us shudder with the horrible deaths [they described],” one of the parents said.

The FGE said April 23 that at least eight presumed members of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) were involved in the kidnapping and murder of Javier Salomón Aceves Gastélum, Marcos Francisco García Ávalos and Jesús Daniel Díaz García after they were presumably mistaken for members of a rival gang.

Authorities said that their findings about the men’s deaths were based on statements from two alleged criminals they arrested in connection with the case as well as genetic samples found at two properties where the cartel members allegedly took the students.

The FGE said that one of the arrested men — Christian Omar Palma Gutiérrez, a rapper better known as QBA — confessed that he was paid 3,000 pesos (US $160) by the CJNG to dissolve the bodies of the three students.

But the parents questioned the capacity of the barrels — usually used to supply water to homes — to hold the quantity of highly corrosive acid needed to dissolve the students’ bodies.

“They couldn’t have put so much acid in . . . some kind of evidence would have been left,” one of the parents charged.

The parents also said that the traces of blood that matched the DNA of either Díaz García or García Ávalos are not sufficient evidence to determine that the three students were killed.

“It doesn’t mean that it [the murder of their son] was so vicious. It doesn’t tell you that he was cooked [in acid].  They found a little blood stain, that’s all, there are no liquids, there’s nothing,” they said.

They told EFE that some of the parents only heard about the official version of events in the media, adding that a day after the news broke Attorney General Raúl Sánchez apologized to them for delivering “such terrible news.”

They also rebuked authorities for disseminating “such a dramatic and satanic” version of events and left open the possibility of referring the case to independent experts and international agencies for review.

Three days after the FGE announcement, more than 12,000 people took to the streets of Guadalajara to protest against the disappearance of the three Audiovisual Media University students.

The protesters repudiated the official findings and urged authorities to continue to search for the men.

The parents who spoke to EFE also continue to hold out hope that their son and his two friends may still be found alive.

“Now, my whole life I’m going to think about where I’m going to find him. As a mother, as a father, that’s all you’ve got. We’re going to wait to see where our young men ended up, wherever they are we send them our blessings.”

Source: EFE (sp)
12