Balacera at puente 1 in Piedras Negras

curioso
Small potatoes compared to other areas , but the shooting happened at around 3:00 pm about an hour after my wife crossed the same bridge.
Rumor is only one officer was killed, you know how hard it is to get good info around here. Anyone else have more information?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: Balacera at puente 1 in Piedras Negras

SrWarden
A friend's cousin, who lives in Eagle Pass, reports that it the Comandante that was assassinated.

Re: IT WAS THE ADUANA THAT WAS KILLED... photo...Balacera at puente 1 in Piedras Negras

Hola Curioso..

not a great pic,,,but depicts her place of death, in her vehicle and not on the bridge it was at an intersection.

It was the new aduana of PN...she had only been on the job 3 months.

Her name is Cecilia Catalina Cuevas

For you all: Aduana is a federal Customs Chief.  The one who runs the goods that enter Mx..

It was not the commandante

commandante is a police chief.  there is the municipal police commandante and regional chief ...but this was neither

Re: IT WAS THE ADUANA THAT WAS KILLED... photo...Balacera at puente 1 in Piedras Negras

curioso
Hola Buela,

I just heard that same story from my sister in law. They say it was about 3 or 4 blocks from the plaza.
They have been more vigilant with red lights entering Mexico lately, at least here in PN. I have been getting stopped more than 50% of the time lately.
 I guess that didn't sit well with someone.

Thanks for the info.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: IT WAS THE ADUANA THAT WAS KILLED... photo...Balacera at puente 1 in Piedras Negras

Does it matter what time of day?  I know after 8PM you are going to get stopped but I had no clue it had changed so drastically.  Looks like the new Lady pissed "someone" off, and did not want to play ball.
It is a federal crime so that will increase federal presence, or it should.

I remember Humberto had no clout with Aduana's or Vanessa, they both said to call on them if I needed help, I did for school buses and building material for our therapy centers...well no luck, Aduanas usually don't care what goernors and local government say.  But the place I usually go to I have created a good working relationship with, this came after he kept my vehicle filled with school supplies.  We have an agreement with both Mx and Canada that any 501C3 foundations bringing anything into their countries can not be taxed or subject to duty...it is a bunch of BS, Mx does not play within that rule.

Re: IT WAS THE ADUANA THAT WAS KILLED... photo...Balacera at puente 1 in Piedras Negras

curioso
I always crossed between 5 and 6:00 pm and occasionally earlier for meetings, didn't matter. I actually had to return one afternoon because I had my work laptop and a brand new personal laptop I had just purchased. They told me I was only allowed 1 laptop per person or I had to pay.

Man, I've crossed with windows for my house and a washing machine in the back of my SUV one time just hoping to get green lighted. 9 times out of 10 I made it. Word on the street recently was that it was not a good idea to try that anymore if you weren't ready to pay a large fine.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience