Baja California Cartel News

mygulg
Hi Guys,

I have some questions. Most of the blogs regarding cartel violence seem to not cover what is going on in Baja California, especially Tijuana. And maybe that's because it's been rather quiet since 2008/09. I think the last video that posted regarding anything happening violence wise the was TJ Police/Prostitute video. And now I am wondering with the capture of El Diego if that will change things in that area? I hear people taking about it a lot over the last 24 hours or so. But nothing really seemed to change after El Teo and others where capture so can can we speculate change there? Is Tijuana a dormant volcano waiting for a serious turf war?

I go to Baja monthly. Paying off the local federales, giving them my sunglasses, whatever. Small fries. I am used to that. When things got rough there in 2008/09 and my friends wife was raped while he had to witness that I said no thank you. I'm not going back down there for a while. I have been going back down of late so I'm just curious as to what the situation down there is now. Does the Sinaloa cartel have such a death grip on TJ now that the cartel violence is minimized?

Re: Baja California Cartel News

I don't know what you meant about El Diego and Tijuana, they are unrelated.

But, it's ok in Tijuana, as of now, and that  is statistically speaking, as well as what is said, observed, and heard, that doesn't mean there aren't murders or incidents aren't happening, sexual assault or theft of property, etc.  Why are you coming in contact so much with the police, checkpoints?

As far as organized crime, Sinaloa and CAF (what remains) have a working agreement to share the plaza, and minimize violence, there is not war between the two, regardless of what you may read, just skirmished between the different cells.  I read Tijuana as very fragmented, and ran very independently, with the leaders of the groups (not plaza leaders), but Chapo, Mayo, Engineer, very much staying out of everything and allowing the people they have to work on their own.  There are several cells that don't conform to this, including the people of El Tigre, Guicho, and Juan Sillas Rocha, although there are conflicting reports to that statement, as Guicho was identified as a primary Chapo subordinate, while previous reports showed him as an outsider operating on his own.  El Achilles and 'The Frog' are Sinaloa's primary people in Tijuana, while the people of Fernando Sanchez are largely unknown.

Re: Baja California Cartel News

Havana
Hi there:

Unfortunately, I'm short on time now to answer.

But, incase, you don't have it, I figured I'd post a link to a blog called Maggie's Madness which is a rather comprehensive day to day crime study of Tijuana/and border violence resulting from Mexican cartels.

She doesn't like us here at BB. So, don't say I sent you.

http://marjorieanndrake.blogspot.com/

Re: Baja California Cartel News

mygulg
Oops. I did not mean Diego. I ment Guicho. The Tijuana violence is so much harder to understand and predict. Like in 2008. The violence was baaaaad. And all of a sudden, just like that, no mas. Yeah, we get rolled driving from San Diego to Roserito every time. The Feds like to wait outside TJ and they really harass anyone with american plates. Usually its 20 to 40 bucks. But this happens only early in the morning, (which is when i drive down there because i go down early to surf the waves).....But once we cross into state patrolled areas it fine. But the feds in tj have and always have been so corrupt.