Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

Havana

Found Friday inside an abandoned house was lifeless body of a child between one and two years old

 Photo: Jesus Bustamante

The body of a baby about 18 months, was found with mutilated hands and in a state of putrefaction in the interior of a house under construction in the former colony ejido Francisco Villa.
The Municipal Police reported that about 12:00 pm it was reported that there was a dead infant inside an abandoned home on Calle Santa Cruz to the side of Tonala Street.
In one room they found the baby wrapped in a sheet, which they suspect more than a week was dead by the state of putrefaction that had, according to the Attorney General of the State (PGJE).
The staff of the Directorate of Forensic Services found that the body, lacked both hands, which were cut off at the wrists.
It was reported that he had long brown hair brown, and visible injuries to his legs, back and arms.
Local residents reported that on that abandoned property people gather to drink beer.
The case was available to the intentional homicide unit whose officers requested the transfer of the body to the facilities of the Forensic Medical Service (Semefo) which will perform the autopsy to determine the real cause of death.
Two weeks ago the Cente of Care for Missing and Absent asked for support from the public to try to locate a 15 year old daughter and a one  and a half year old.
It is unknown whether this is the same infant as ministerial agents could not identify with the picture you have, because of the state of decomposition on the face.

Link

El Mexicano
Tex

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

Tex

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

I don't know Tex.  some people are just evil.

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

Havana
Or maybe a combination cocktail of drunken, drug-addled evilness. Maybe next we'll hear about them finding the tiny hands in jars in some santaria suitcase on the border or in a port. Just sickening. I just hope that baby was already dead. Yikes too rough! If you ever check into that ID channel on late night American TV, it seems like there are many, more extremely evil people than normal people in the US and I'm not talking Mexico.

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

Sinaloa2256
AJ

The Horror Never Ends.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

Havana
@ Hi Ajulio and 777LOL777

I just don't know when people became disposable and the bar of complete horror keeps getting raised like if it was necessary or something.

It makes no sense, life needs to be appreciated not cast off like litter. At some point it has stop, doesn't it?

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

Def. don't disagree with comments, doesn't mean this is organized crime related.

And doesn't mean it isn't.
AJ

Yeah Havana. Generally speaking, the people in Mexico are decent people. It's just that with impunity, the bad Mexican's feel that they can do whatever the hell they want. There has to be some kind of judicial system that works in Mexico. You do the crime you pay the time. Not, I do the crime and fuck you. The last that I checked, Mexico has a 97% conviction rate. Can that be true? I don't believe that.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

Havana

Sure, I can believe it. They probably only bother to prosecute 14% of the criminals they arrest. The rest they lightly prosecute with the intention that the case will be thrown out for one "technicality or another." So, that's not too bad.  If that seems high, it's because I made it up the 14%. But you get the gist, no doubt.

Seriously, Mexico has been working on changes to the judicial system but it is a very slow process. But I hope they keep at it and one day all the changes will amount to something concrete.  Because as it stands now, it is a big,  joke that causes a lot of pain.

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

Havana, the figures are very easy to look up, but I am too tired tonight to do it, but only a very, very small percent of perpetrators of crimes are arrested (especially murders).  Of those that are arrested, a very very small percentage are tried.  Of those, maybe a decent percentage are convicted, but you are talking about 97% (using your figures for illustration) of maybe 1%.
Change in Mexico does come slow.  I told Chivis one time about the mayor of the little town in Texas where I grew up.  He became mayor when he was in his mid to early 20's.  He occupied that post for 26 years, being instrumental in a General Motors assembly plant coming to town, and then many other companies, a professional baseball team, etc., and the town grew from 7000 to about 150,000 during his reign.  People called him when their trash was not picked up, the neighbors dogs were barking, or there was pot hole on their street.  He and I were talking one day toward the end of his reign and he said in response to my comment about how much he had accomplished, "DD, the best and most efficient form of government is a benevolent dictatorship, you can get things done".
I guess the key word there is "benevolent".  But I am not sure that Mexico does not need some form of limited martial law.  More directed at the judicial system than anything else.  Possibly special military courts with special prosecutors, with built in extraordinary transparency in the proceedings to help curb any abuses.  An action like that might get rapid action from Congress on a constitutional amendment or whatever steps are necessary to more easily remove corrupt judges and prosecutors.
I know it sounds drastic, but I think drastic action is needed.

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

Havana
Hey DD-

I threw the 14% (feels like 3%) out there. I was being general because I had no time but din't hink anyone would take it as literal.  Sorry 'bout that. and I was just making a point that a 97% conviction rate had to be based on a very small number of tried criminals compared to the number brought in just as you said.

I mean how else?

The 97% rate of conviction was Ajulio's statistic from the above post (though he questions it as I do and probably many others). I've heard that same conviction percentage bandied about a lot. And also, you hear that the Mexican conviction rate for murder is generally stated as being incredibly high which backs up the 97 %.

As far as statistics being easy to come by... I can get PGR crime statistics
and supposed Secretariado Ejecutivo del Sistema Nacional de Seguridad Pública provides transparency.  Crime statistics can be found but....

but rate of conviction statistics in Mexico, I don't seem come across readily.  And the articles I find never support the rate everyone cites which I'm not sure exactly what it is based upon.  In fact, I find just the opposite.

http://www.vanguardia.com.mx/en4anoslapgrresolvio0.15dehomicidiosvinculadosalhampa-1190547.html

People here on BB have amazing computer search capabilities.

I suspect most likely you have the missing puzzle piece in the Mexican murder conviction search. If murder conviction rates are easy to find in Mexico, please tell me where such valuable information is readily available because that would be very valuable to me. And I have searched in the wrong places apparently. Any light on this subject, would be so appreciated by me DD.

And you are right entirely correct something drastic needs to be done and military courts with special prosecutors. Of course,  s tremendous vigilance to oversight and transparency would be necessary to keep a uncorrupt process.  That would go a long way over time to help with judicial clean up. Wanted: incorruptible benevolent dictator.  Won't be found in PRI.

http://www.mexicoevalua.org/descargables/5e1a0a_sistema_de_indices-e-indicadores_en_seguridad_publica_completo_impresion_nov19.pdf

http://www.presidencia.gob.mx/2011/01/presentacion-del-vocero-de-seguridad-de-base-de-datos-de-homicidios-presuntamente-relacionados-con-la-delincuencia-organizada-en-dialogos-por-la-seguridad/

http://www.oas.org/dsp/documentos/Observatorio/FINAL.pdf

http://www.vanguardia.com.mx/en4anoslapgrresolvio0.15dehomicidiosvinculadosalhampa-1190547.html

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

realme1990
I keep wondering how much of the 50,000 plus deaths are really organized crime/drug cartel related. Somebody posted murder rates of México's present and past, it seems current Mexico has less murders compared to past years even though they are in a middle of a drug war. According to Diego, the Juarez Cartel or La Linea, was responsible for roughly 1500 murders of the 10,000 plus murders committed in Juarez. It looks like the Mexican media or police are labeling every other homicide as organized crime because they are too lazy to do work, lack the technology to gather evidence to support their case, corruption or they know the killers are going to let go because of the above. I remember reading articles about homicides in Juarez and they all keep pointing out that much of the killings are among the street gangs over street gang rivalry and retail drug sales and extortion come with the territory. Surely the Sinaloa Cartel or Juarez Cartel do have huge influences over the street gangs but it seems much of the violence are not organized crime related, Monterrey has a similar situation.
"If it quack like a duck shoot it"

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

Well, in Juarez the street gangs/retail are directly linked to the cartels backing them up, and even if they have gone 'off the reservation', they are still cartel related, because the cartel put them in play, by giving them access to huge amounts of wholesale drugs, as well as shipments of fire arms, ranging from automatic weapons to IED's.   I agree, that not everything is related to cartels/organized crime.  As far as that Diego quote, I believe he personally ordered the 1500 killings, and there were probably another 5-7 leaders just under him, ordering more.  It's a completely convoluted mess, and we will never really know, no one will, really.  Even those who 'know' because they are there, only know a certain street, a certain neighborhood, a certain lieutenant, cell, no one knows all the players and all the stats.

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

realme1990
J, I know that the street gangs have access to drugs and guns thanks to the cartels but how much does of the drug violence is directly cartel ordered
 rather than gang rivalry. I'm not saying the Juarez or Sinaloa cartel have no influence over the street gangs, they do and a lot but I high doubt much of the killings are cartel ORDERED. There was a British documentary about Juarez and by the looks of it most of the street gang members have no direct links to the cartels and only a handful or the leaders of the gang set do. I read an article the other day that backs up my suspicion about the violence in Juarez, it said that some of last year killings was infighting between the gangs on whether to join Sinaloa or Juarez banner.
"If it quack like a duck shoot it"

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

SINALOENSEBOY
NOW THIS IS SOMETHING THAT IS SIGNIFICANT.....A HUMAN CHILD BEING KILLED AND MUTILATED IS A BIT MORE NEWS WORTHY THAN DOGS BEING KIDNAPPED.......I FELL SO MUCH ANGER OVER THIS!!!!! I PRAY THAT SOME SORT OF JUSTICE WILL BE PAID IN THIS CASE!!!! WHETER IT BE VIGILANTE OR LEGAL.......THAT LITTLE BABY IS NOW AN ANGEL IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN
THOSE THAT TALK DON'T KNOW, AND THOSE THAT KNOW DON'T TALK.....

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

Havana
@SINALOENSEBOY-while I posted that story of the kidnapping of animals I kept thinking of this nice old women I talked to in Salamanca who lost her only two children, two boys to "narco criminals" and all she had left to keep her "going and doing for others" was her dog- that her son rescued and gave her five years ago. She no longer believed in religion but believed in the power of animals to heal pain. She told me she looked into her dogs' eyes and somehow it strengthened her to put one foot in front of the other. This woman worked as a grief counselor at a violence center and she was a marvel. I hope her dog never gets kidnapped because "he is the magic holding that house of cards together" and she deserves no more hardship. Yes, babies, of course, are significant.  Animals and humans don't need to be compared in terms of importance. There certainly is a place in peoples' lives for animals and it is not insignificant. Animals need not be labeled as insignificant.  Everything plays a part in this world and pets should be appreciated as making the quality of so many human lives better by their selfless companionship, giving and not expecting anything all the time.

DANG, WELL I TAKE BACK A LITTLE OF WHAT I SAID......THATS A GREAT CONCEPT......NONE THE LESS IT IS FUCKED UP THAT WE HAVE TO LIVE AMONGST THIS TRASH......AND ITS ONLY GONNA GET WORSE UNTIL I CAN RENEW MY VISA AND GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE.....ITS CRAZY BUT I'VE SPENT HALF OF MY LIFE IN THE US AND WENT THROUGH ALMOST THE ENTIRE EDUCATION SYSTEM OVER THERE AND I EVEN KINDA FEEL TORN BETWEEN BEING AMERICAN AND MEXICAN......I REALLY WISH I COULD BE IN DURANGO, CO AGAIN.......NO DOG KIDNAPPINGS OR BABY MUTILATIONS OVER THERE LOL
THOSE THAT TALK DON'T KNOW, AND THOSE THAT KNOW DON'T TALK.....

Re: Baby With Hands Hacked Off in Tijuana

Havana
@Sinaloenseboy-I've spent  a lot of time in both countries.  I appreciate so much about  'em. Neither is perfect as we know.  I would love for Mexico to live up to its potential and see beyond corruption, narcotics and drug trafficking organizations. They have to lift the bar way higher. Babies' hands should remain attached, so they can live another day to suck their thumbs. I wish I had the power to provide real hope for Mexico.  All you can do is try to concentrate on making the best of your present situation while you strive  towards changing locals in the future, but still appreciating the things you love most about Mexico and will miss while after you are gone. Like music for example.....

One thing I've always wondered. Is it safe to go out at night to see bands in Badiraguato or Culiacan?  I suppose it depends on the band, where the venue is,  and if the band is narco affiliated?  For example, off the top of my head,  do bigger bands like say El Tri, Los Tigres, Juanes, play in Culiacan and Badiraguato? and are there small venues or clubs where indie rock bands play like Hey Chica, Lila Downs, Enjambre, Bam Bam, Ximena Saranana, Furlong and say Joe Volume etc. might play  in Badiraguato and Culiacan on tour.  Most likely touring routes would have to be carefully picked and driving would take place mostly during the day.  Right?  Color me "curious".