BBC documentary on meth in mexico

Kye0001
This post was updated on .
We watched this documentary last night, Stacey dooley ;  meth and madness in mexico.  It was filmed just after chapo was arrested and might be of interest to some of you.  Its got three days left to run on BBC but is available on YouTube.  It covers michoacan autodefensas, meth in LA, Sonora, police corruption, deaths, poverty and the cartels.

BBC description:

BBC Documentary on meth in Mexico
Meth and Madness in Mexico
Stacey Dooley Investigates, Series 6 Episode 1 of 3

Stacey Dooley returns with another hard-hitting series lifting the lid on the global war on drugs. Heading to remote and hostile regions, she investigates who's really winning this cat-and-mouse battle between the drug cartels and the police. Along the way she reveals the impact that the west's insatiable desire for more potent drugs is having on the people caught in the crossfire.

To begin, Stacey is on the trail of the world's most addictive and dangerous drug. Her journey takes her to Mexico, now the world's largest producer of meth, where she discovers that the battle between the cartels, the police and vigilante groups is threatening to overwhelm the very fabric of the state.

She joins the army as they track down and destroy the meth super-labs that are now appearing across the country. But she learns that as soon as one lab is dismantled, others replace it.

She tracks down hit men and traffickers who work for the cartels and hears shocking stories of violence from the families of their victims. It becomes clear that the power of the cartels now reaches into every corner of Mexican life and the authorities are increasingly powerless to stop it. Stacey discovers that in some places local people have become so desperate that they are taking the law into their own hands and setting up their own vigilante groups to try and fight off the cartels.

With heavily-armed police, cartels and now vigilantes all squaring up against each other, Stacey reveals a country in danger of descending into chaos and disorder.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05ql36v

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nqog1 (if the link wont work)

Re: BBC documentary on method in mexico

Kye0001

Re: BBC documentary on method in mexico

mmd604
Thanks brother we should make a thread dedicated to documentarys.

Re: BBC documentary on method in mexico

Kye0001
If people want I don't mind posting the ones income across.  I watch a lot of documentaries with my kids, we like the Stacey Dooley ones as she's not scared to ask the awkward questions and tries to be fair to all sides.  I'm female by the way lol, kye is my username sorry for any confusion.

Re: BBC documentary on meth in mexico

Hola Kye

No this is not ok.  please read my pinned post.
However here is how to make it work.

from your link I got the info below and go ahead and post on your post and the link  like below  jjust copy and paste what I have below to your post and it is good to go

[...]

that is a great idea!!!  I would do it by year as well DOCUMENTARIES 2018

Re: BBC documentary on method in mexico

mmd604
I would love to lie and say it was my idea but I stole it from another unrelated forum

Re: BBC documentary on method in mexico

jaja no matter I think it is great.  I see many documentaries.  most are crap.  and nonfactual, lots of hype.  I say we don't have to resort to hype, the truth is horrific enough.

Re: BBC documentary on meth in mexico

kye please copy and paste what i sent you

Re: BBC documentary on method in mexico

BBfollower
Hey. Does the video works for you? I get this answer "BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues." Here's another link if you can't see it on BBC.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nqog1

Re: BBC documentary on method in mexico

it did not work for me either.
great find to the second link....thanks!!!

Re: BBC documentary on meth in mexico

Kye0001
Thanks chivis.  I'll get the hang of it soon sorry.

Re: BBC documentary on meth in mexico

no need to apologize..its a learning curve.  if you need help just email me chivis.martinez@hushmail.com

Re: BBC documentary on method in mexico

Kye0001
Its a great idea, it would be nice to be able to discuss and review documentaries as well to be able to distinguish fact from fiction and drama.   There's always two sides to a story and often documentaries are very one sided.