Avocado Industry Infiltration

juris
Interesting new article about how cartels have infiltrated Avocado industry. Kind of depressing, like most articles around these parts.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/inside-the-bloody-cartel-war-for-mexicos-multibillion-dollar-avocado-industry/ar-BBXgJzV

Re: Avocado Industry Infiltration

If you want to post a story please post story in it's entire text not just the link Juris.Thanks.

Re: Avocado Industry Infiltration

juris
Will do.

Re: Avocado Industry Infiltration

B00Mer
This story has been interesting me very much..

https://inhabitat.com/how-to-grow-an-avocado-tree-from-an-avocado-pit/

Maybe it time to create an alternative source outside Mexico.. In southern USA or some other place or country that is not so riddled with corruption.

Agua que no has de beber, déjala correr

Re: Avocado Industry Infiltration

Mosco
There is a great Netflix  documentary currently running on the topic of avacados and crime orgs.
There are many odd facets to the avacados story...and this is why I boycott them.
The honest hardworking people of the avacado growing regions are getting screwed bigtime in ways I did not realize until I saw the documentary.
Mosco

Re: Avocado Industry Infiltration

Isn't that the same with the limes?Wasn't it a few years ago the price of limes doubled because of Cartel activity in the orchards and are most of the Mexican limes grown in Michoacán as well?I see Driscolls a US company is in Baja and growing raspberries and blackberries.I wonder if the Cartels f$$k with that or they would just pull out and go to Calexico or Watsonville,Calif?I notice more and more of Driscoll berries are from Mexico.(most likely I'm thinking in those outdoor greenhouses in the desert)