Autodefensa Documentary in Spanish: 24 de Febrero Dia de Las Autodefensas La Pelicula

Autodefensa Documentary in Spanish: 24 de Febrero Dia de Las Autodefensas La Pelicula

Siskiyou_Kid
DD and Buela Chivis, I know that the forum has a policy barring videos in Spanish, without an English translation. This is a long video, and I don't see a CC option, and I'm simply not able to translate everything that is said, or even to identify all of the self defense leaders, apart from Dr. Mireles and Hipolito Mora Chavez. Basically, everyone says that Caballeros Templarios were extorting them, taking their land, taking their women, killing their families, and enough is enough. So the autodefensas were born.

If this is outside what is allowed, I understand that it should be removed.

What would you do if your son was kidnapped?

Father, please pay, I don't want to die.

And what if your sister was beaten and raped?

What would you do if your father was murdered?

And your mother was vilely hung?

What would you do if you were forced to pay to stay alive, with money earned with so much sacrifice?

What would you do if they took your land and banished you from your home?

What would you do if the tranquility of your life was taken, from dusk until dawn?

And those who have the obligation protect you ignore your cries for help? And they didn't do anything that the nation demands?

This is the story of citizens, men and women, tired of the atrocities committed by organized crime and the inaction of the government, who decided to search for their own freedom.

Re: Autodefensa Documentary in Spanish: 24 de Febrero Dia de Las Autodefensas La Pelicula

choco
What a horrific recounting of the tragedies... thanks SK for the brief translation.  ps... dd is not an admin anymore, which you probably already know.

Re: Autodefensa Documentary in Spanish: 24 de Febrero Dia de Las Autodefensas La Pelicula

Siskiyou_Kid
No, I wasn't aware that DD is no longer an admin, I suppose it changed when DD became a reporter for mainboard?

Re: Autodefensa Documentary in Spanish: 24 de Febrero Dia de Las Autodefensas La Pelicula

choco
No, he resigned a little while back, after becoming MB reporter.  He can tell you why.

Re: Autodefensa Documentary in Spanish: 24 de Febrero Dia de Las Autodefensas La Pelicula

hey kid great video.
I may be able to add to it, it is long but much easier that narrative vids.

prob not for a week however.  thanks for posting it

Re: Autodefensa Documentary in Spanish: 24 de Febrero Dia de Las Autodefensas La Pelicula

ElEscocés

Re: Autodefensa Documentary in Spanish: 24 de Febrero Dia de Las Autodefensas La Pelicula

Re: Autodefensa Documentary in Spanish: 24 de Febrero Dia de Las Autodefensas La Pelicula

that is a great video also

Dr Mireles asked that I post the video on BB, it was posted in November

here it is

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2013/11/michoacan-fight-to-deathfor-life_16.html