Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

leChef

Jorge Zuriel de los Santos Barrila.

He used to live in a popular neighborhood, but now he lives in an exclusive area.

Mexico.- Living in a house in the populous Progreso neighborhood of Acapulco, Jorge Zuriel de los Santos Barrila, who has just been inaugurated as Attorney General of Guerrero, has already become a mansion in an exclusive area of ​​the port!

According to Reforma , the luxury house acquired it in 10 million pesos (two payments of 5 million), although the residence actually has a commercial price of one million dollars (about 20 million pesos).

Here it is striking that Jorge Zuriel de los Santos Barrila, appointed last May at the proposal of Governor Hector Astudillo, has a salary of 80 thousand pesos a month and more than 20 thousand pesos of travel expenses.

Its new property, of almost 700 square meters of construction, has a pool, six bedrooms, two integral kitchens, a palm roof garden with ocean view and steam room.

Improved the new prosecutor and notably, because the house he had before is in one of the areas most hit by narcoviolencia.

His appointment generated controversy because it was said that for the first time the local Congress appointed a very low profile Prosecutor.

This is the comparison that Reforma makes , about the housing that was in May and the one that premiered in August ... and yes there is a difference:

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

ESLiero
Mexican politicians are doing these type of Transactions without a care in the world, they know they will  never be prosecuted. That's a shame because that's where the corruption starts but the poor are the ones who are most associated with lawlessness in Mexico.

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Some people just look dirty even by foto.

Here is some more dirt...remember the murder of Nana Palucas?  the vlogger?  she was also in the journalist group of gro that i belong to.

Her husband witness the murder, he says the guy they blamed it on is not the killer.  for sure it was cida and there was a manta after.  he is saying this new atty general is in collusion with cida and is blocking the investigation.

the husband is dead man walking

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

leChef
Thanks, Chivis. It is amazing what they can get away with in Mexico.

I read that there was a proposal in the Mexican congress to remove immunity for basically all elected officials (perhaps except the President). Did you read that, and do you know if the vote went through?

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Chava
He also remodeled a house right behind him for his bodyguards (all 12 of them)  as mentioned in this debate article that has a bit more info on the house.

It sits right above the Escenica with fabulous views out to the bay and ocean.

https://www.debate.com.mx/politica/jorge-zuriel-de-los-santos-barrila-estrena-fiscalia-y-millonaria-casa-20180905-0021.html

I will run the article through a translator (if it works, lol) and try to clean it up a bit later today.

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

leChef
Chava: You still wanna post it?

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Chava
Sorry, I'm so behind in real life right now

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

leChef
Chava: That is a situation I can relate to.

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Chava
He has not 6 months in the Office of the Prosecutor and he already premieres millionaire house in Acapulco

The official has a salary of 80 thousand pesos per month and more than 20 thousand pesos of per diem, the official acquired the property for 10 million pesos through two payments of 5 million pesos each

Mexico.- The Attorney General of Guerrero, Jorge Zuriel de los Santos Barrila, has not completed six months in office and already has a house in an exclusive area of Acapulco.

Appointed just last May, with a salary of 80 thousand pesos a month and plus 20 thousand pesos of per diem, the official acquired the property for 10 million pesos through two payments of 5 million pesos each.

Although in reality the residence has a commercial price of one million dollars, (about 20 million pesos).
The house, of almost 700 square meters of construction , is located next to the scenic road. From there you have a view of the Acapulco bay and the bay of Puerto Marqués.

The property has a pool, six bedrooms, two kitchens, a roof Palm garden with ocean view and steam room.

In addition, De los Santos remodeled an adjoining building to house his 12 guards who also can stay in another residence that he rents one kilometer from the new home.

The official, 35 years old, is a prosecutor of the most violent entity in the country. He was appointed 5 months ago at the proposal of Governor Hector Astudillo and is the best friend of the representative's son, Ricardo.

Before being appointed Prosecutor, he lived in a house in the populous Progreso neighborhood in Acapulco, one of the areas most affected by drug violence.

In the entity his appointment was questioned because, it is asserted, for the first time the local Congress appointed a very low profile Prosecutor.

In his curriculum that he presented before the Congress to compete in the list of candidates to occupy the Office of the Prosecutor, he states that he was general director of Previous Inquiries of the then Attorney General of the state.

Although that position he only occupied during one day when Miguel Ángel Godínez was Procurador de Guerrero during the government of Rogelio Ortega, in 2015.

"We do not know the reasons for his resignation but he was only a few hours at the Attorney General's Office and that same day he was appointed he returned to Acapulco," says a source from the Attorney General's Office.

https://www.debate.com.mx/politica/jorge-zuriel-de-los-santos-barrila-estrena-fiscalia-y-millonaria-casa-20180905-0021.html

Finally

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Chava

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Man, that is excellent, Chava! Thanks. I am gonna post that last one in it's own thread and do it differently than Mexican politicians do, giving you the credit

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Heehee!You crack me up sometimes LeChef (BJeff).BTW no reference to crack cocaine pun intended!

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Parro
Impunity against politicians?

We'll find out on 9/18 when the Guerrero council will grill this young man.

Jorge, is best friends with Ricardo, son of Mr. Artudillo.

He's to explain how he can afford this place and how he became attorney general without any experience.  He claims he will be the best AG, Guerrero has ever had.

We'll see - and thanks for the laughs forum posters :)

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Chava
Well, lo que pasa es...........it's not his house

https://www.proceso.com.mx/551183/fiscal-de-guerrero-rechaza-ser-propietario-de-una-mansion-en-acapulco

CHILPANCINGO, Gro., (Proceso.com.mx) - The head of the State Attorney's Office, Jorge de los Santos Barrila, revealed that the owner of the residence located in the exclusive Villas La Cima subdivision of the port of Acapulco is the real estate entrepreneur Rodolfo Castillo Hernández.

The state official sent this weekend to the local Congress, a report in which he rejects the designation of the newspaper Reforma, which they said was recently acquired by the public servant, and presented official documents of the Public Registry of Property and Commerce to affirm that he has not acquired any property in the port.

The residence, valued at ten million pesos, located in lot B-9C of the Villas La Cima condominium on the scenic avenue in Cumbre de Llano Largo, is owned by Castillo Hernández, owner of the Castillo Trinidad y Asociados real estate company, based in Mexico City and with offices in the conurbation area of the port in Renaissance City, indicate the official documents exhibited by the prosecutor.

Notary Public 4, Eduardo Nozari Morlet, issued public deed 24442, on September 9, 2017, in favor of Castillo Hernández for the property, according to the report presented by De los Santos Barrila.

On September 5, the newspaper Reforma published a note entitled "Estrena Fiscalía y mansion", which states that De los Santos Barrila acquired the exclusive residence.

In this regard, last week the plenary session of the local Congress summoned to appear on September 18, to the public prosecutor to explain this matter.

Therefore, the official sent a report prior to his appointment with the local deputies to affirm that he is not the owner of the property and that he has not acquired any housing in the port of Acapulco.

As evidence, the prosecutor delivered the documents signed by the delegate of the Public Registry of Property, Gregorio Apreza Herrrera, and notary 4 of Acapulco.

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Parro
Let's say that by some mistake the AG does not own the property.  What's his rent?  Can it be paid for by someone in his position on that salary?

If he is indeed in the house, I would call the Mexico City real estate company on the take.  And, I would add, only in Mexico.

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Chava
My guess would be that he will owe some favors to the real estate owner.....call me cynical.

And no, his salary can't justify the rent that would be charged in that area of Acapulco. I doubt his salary could cover the electric bill, quick frankly.

However, *that* being said, it would not be strange to keep the deed in the name of the previous owner, as the property taxes (which are always "played with" anyway) would have to increase. So the former owner could just be a 'prestanombre.'

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

So that is how he was gonna get away with it. Come to mind, this looks exactly like several cases in the Netherlands where one of the main crime bosses had the same constellation with a property mogul while under investigation. I think both ended up dead eventually.

It is not easy to prove fraud if everything you own is in other people's names, and instead of an IOU, you got an IKU (I kill you) for guarantee.

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Chava
Chilpancingo, Guerrero, September 18, 2018. The State Attorney General, Jorge Zuriel de los Santos Barrila appeared before the plenary session of the local Congress, where he refused to answer if he had participated in a celebration in the Acapulco house of which it points him as owner.

The question of whether he participated in a celebration was reiterated by the deputies of Morena, but on more than three occasions Jorge Zuriel de los Santos refused to answer the question.

In the appearance of the procedure denied that the property is his, and also refused to have a relationship with the company that owns Castillo Trinidad y Asociados.

The session was attended by 45 of the 46 deputies, missing the deputy of Morena Celeste Mora Eguiluz.

The information of the house of more than 10 million pesos that is attributed to him in Acapulco, was published in Reforma, and the prosecutor in a letter answered that this information is incorrect, that his permanent residence is in Chilpancingo and that in Acapulco he lives in the family home.

https://suracapulco.mx/2018/09/18/comparece-el-fiscal-en-el-congreso-local-y-niega-que-sea-de-el-la-propiedad-en-acapulco/

So, if he lives in the family home, that is in Progreso --- just a hop, skip and a jump away from his new office.  Should be able to walk.

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Parro
Well this is the hearing that we were waiting for today.  Everywhere I go where there is political news on Guerrero, you see this man;

Héctor Antonio Astudillo Flores (born 3 July 1958) is a Mexican lawyer and politician affiliated with the Institutional Revolutionary Party who currently serves as the Governor of Guerrero. He had previously served as Senator of the LVIII and LIX Legislatures of the Mexican Congress representing Guerrero[1] and as Municipal President of Chilpancingo de los Bravo between 2009 and 2012.

His son, Ricardo, is Jorge Zuriel de los Santos Barrila's, best friend according to some publications.  Where's there's smoke, there's usually a fire.

Re: Attorney General acquires millionaire mansion in Acapulco

Parro
Another couple of guys that got into the real estate business over in Vera Cruz.  Are you kidding, houses in Bilbo, Madrid, London, etc.  for Javier?  Looks like his wife came out better while he's sitting in a jail in Guatemala.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/duarte-and-his-wife-built-a-real-estate-empire/

Javier's predecessor,  Mr. Beltran is worth a look as well.  (2) Vera Cruz governors in a row.
12