Attention:New readers and posters on Borderland Beat revised rules on Forum

Attention:New readers and posters on Borderland Beat revised rules on Forum

We need to get back on track.Lately there has been an influx of new readers and posters on Borderland Beat.There's a few rules that need to be followed if posting:
1.Please, if you are posting a new post as in hitting the new topic button please have a story in full text along with the link(as in an article)or a video if it's that otherwise it will be removed(deleted).
2.If you have a question or a statement or a few words but not an article please do not start a new post.Put  that question among  a related topic where it may fit and hit reply within a post.Someone will most likely answer your question or reply to your comment.
3.Please don't post Spanish articles without translating.I know the bulk of the news comes out of Mexico but this is an English blog.If it's a breaking news article maybe ask someone to translate on here then.
4.This is a given but I'm going to say it anyway:No name calling.(attack the comment,not the person)so post respectfully.Often if 1 person starts,it just snowballs and totally gets off topic as well as nasty and then I have to put a lock on the post to shut everybody up with the nasty comments and then it also shuts down the good comments and then it's the end of that story.
5.Before you post your story you may want to check that someone else hasn't posted the same story or source.If it's a double post the 1 who posted it 1st will stay and the other will be deleted.
6.Please don't post articles from Breitbart (try to find another source for the article).Same applies to Blog Del Narco also.
7.No American politics please.It can get quite heated and some easily can go into rants with runaway posts.
8.No posting addresses of any subjects.(we don't wish to put anyone or their family at risk).
Other Administrators or Reporters feel free to add any other suggestions I missed or that should be added just add it in.

Re: Attention:New readers and posters on Borderland Beat

El_Bujo
Amen and thank you, Canadiana!!

No questions or statements, without some actual source subject!
Kab

Re: Attention:New readers and posters on Borderland Beat

Kab
Awesome, should of had rules stickied to the top a long time ago.  Glad to see this.

Re: Attention:New readers and posters on Borderland Beat revised rules on Forum

All_Lives_Matter
I’m an avid follower of your site, and firm supporter of free speech in both reporting and protesting.  I will never position myself against what BB provides to its readers.  But I’ve got to say, the change to the message board Posting requirements is fucked up.  A lot of valuable information came through the reply posts; albeit, a lot of nonsense did too.  In a sense, or senselessness, you silenced a good majority of people that frequented your site.  If support is needed to weed out the bulllshit replies of yore, I’m willing to offer a couple hours a night to help the review process.  I believe many supporters of BB would be willing to offer some support if it opened back up the free trade of comments, opinions, and most importantly, additional boots-on-the-ground insight.  Kind of like one of those “$0.13 a day can feed a starving dog” commercials....the numbers will always win.  Again, I’ve got nothing but love for all the contributors, old and new.  Don’t let popularity or volume be a reason or basis to begin rejecting anything. Much love from the NW USA.   “They’ve got the guns, we’ve got the numbers” ~ Jim Morrison

Re: Attention:New readers and posters on Borderland Beat revised rules on Forum

You can still post an opinion or sentence or 2 just like before just don't start a post on it.Try to slide it in among the many topics to add to the conversation.I can think of a hundred posts I could slide my comment in.I may have to go back a few pages but there's over 500 pages I believe with 25 topics per page.It just might take a minute or 2 longer.Sorry if your post got deleted.

Re: Attention:New readers and posters on Borderland Beat revised rules on Forum

Wellllllllll
ok

here is the deal.  We are in test mode.  I am not digging it so much, but I always give some new a good go.  30 to 60 days.

secondly, This is a privately owned blog.  Rules have been set since day one also on the mainpage it states "not all comments are posted"

It is much work.  about 1.5 hs a day and more than 50 percent crap, racism, death threats, sexxxual remarks (as if), etc.

But the jury is out.  I did tell Buggs just yesterday we are mssing the stuff from people on the ground in Mexico.  Many journalists say they read our comments and there is always good info to be found.  I am talking mainpage.  Most people don't come onto forum.

Our stats have actually increased a bit on mainboard

Pageviews yesterday
76,475
Pageviews last month
2,484,406
Pageviews all time history
202,380,618

I do appreciate the feedback.  please be patient.  thank you

Re: Attention:New readers and posters on Borderland Beat revised rules on Forum

All_Lives_Matter
First, allow me to clarify the intent of my original message:  I was referring to, and only to, the 'main page'.  The forum and me, we're cool.  Unlike my lingo which isn't as current as I had hoped - main page, forum; forum, main page.  I posted my original message on the forum because I am one of the people that seemingly can't get a post to populate on the main page.  Exhibit 1: the volume of posts/replies over the past couple of weeks on the main page's articles....and there are some big events that traditionally would be 30, 40+ posts per.  Half insightful, half inciting.  Lastly, just up until recently my posts were getting through; i followed advice and remained succinct, non-volatile, and somewhat even-keeled.  I'm sure that's debatable.  But since the rule change about anonymity vs registering took effect, I'm a dismal 0-6 with my efforts to interject; shitty, but still not as bad as my miss rate on Tinder ;)

Re: Attention:New readers and posters on Borderland Beat revised rules on Forum

Jazz
If you don’t like the rules, then you and your ALL LIVES MATTER can go somewhere else.

Re: Attention:New readers and posters on Borderland Beat revised rules on Forum

Now,now Jazz everyone has a right to an opinion so we don't need to inflame things.(Don't want to put a lock on this post too-see rule #4 as it's starting to get borderline.)

Re: Attention:New readers and posters on Borderland Beat revised rules on Forum

i think ALM is more troubling than JAZZ

we have ALWAYS had comments with oversight.  this is privately own and operated website

Re: Attention:New readers and posters on Borderland Beat revised rules on Forum

We have a split devision here....I say thank you jazz.  This is not easy.
we are just experimenting with mainpage.  Buggs was upset to see the garbarge that comes trhough, my complaint is the waste of time.

and the death threats.

ALM is silly at best, we have always moderated.  and will always moderate.  If you think you opinion and knowledge is more important than that.... email me chivis.martinez@hushmail.com

we may go back to non registration, but we wil always moderate.

Re: Attention:New readers and posters on Borderland Beat revised rules on Forum

All_Lives_Matter
Geez BB peeps, what i intended as a lighthearted opinion piece addressing the unfortunate and drastic falloff of contributions from the peeps with first-hand insight, has sadly created an outcome where I've been, one, positioned opposite another follower, and two, chronicled by the Queen as being in the wrong, aka the minority, aka sillier-over-serious.  Walking away from this issue, I took a minute to revisit my original post to find the words that sparked this rubbish, and all i see is: admiration, concern, support, and jest.  If vulgarity or joking about Tinder makes me the village idiot, then shutter the house and book me 1-night stay in the drunk tank....I'm toasting til i can't stand.  Please, moderate like always; if you need support due to volume, well, i offered that originally and it remains unchecked.  Whether you take that as a joke or not i cannot control.  Hasta.