Article on why Chino was murdered

Southerngirl
I hope I did this right! Anyway I found this article on El Debate (Google translated) a little bit ago. I haven't seen another post talking about him giving up routes as part of an agreement. For common sense sake I hope he only went back because his family was threatened and didn't go thinking he was really going to return and have his old life right back. If it's already up somewhere let me know and I'll take it down!
--------

http://https://www.debate.com.mx/cdmx/La-supuesta-venganza-del-Cartel-de-Sinaloa-contra-El-Chino-Antrax-20200517-0115.html

Unofficial versions indicate that the alleged murder of "El Chino Anthrax" would be revenge by the Sinaloa Cartle

FOR THE DEBATE

05/17/2020 - 14:45 PM

This weekend the news of the alleged death of José Rodrigo Aréchiga Gamboa, better known as " El Chino Ántrax ", who founded and led "Los Ántrax", the powerful armed arm of the Sinaloa Cartel, has been released .

His body was found inside a luxury van on a dirt road in the Sinaloa community of Ayuné along with those of two other people: his sister and brother-in-law, whose identities were confirmed by the State Attorney General's Office (FGE).

However, the authorities have not confirmed that the body in question is that of "El Chino Anthrax", and that they are awaiting the corresponding exhaustive examinations, which has not prevented the news of his death from being broadcast in the media. national and international communication.

Just ten days ago, "El Chino Anthrax" had escaped from the United States justice system by escaping from the house where he was serving house arrest in San Jose, CA.
At just 19 years old, Rodrigo Aréchiga began his criminal career. From working as a taquero in Culiacán he became an escort to the top leader and founder of the Sinaloa Cartel, Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada, and his children.

In 2008, after the capture of Vicente Zambada Niebla, alias "Vicentillo", "El Chino Ántrax" became the head of the cartel's hitmen, at the head of the "Los Antrax" criminal cell, characterized by its high degree of violence. In 2013, he was tasked with eliminating the rival cartel group in Sinaloa: Los Zetas.

He achieved great power within the Sinaloa Cartel structure until he was detained at the Amsterdam airport on December 30, 2013, a few months later he was extradited to the United States, where he was accused of drug trafficking.

The agreement with the US and the alleged betrayal of "El Mayo"
"El Chino Antrax" was sentenced to seven years and three months in prison thanks to the fact that in 2015 he accepted before the authorities of that country that he was the chief hit man of "El Mayo" Zambada.

In addition, Aréchiga Gamboa reached an agreement with the US Department of Justice, with which he promised to collaborate so that the routes used by the Sinaloa Cartel for the drug transfer were identified.

His defense attorney, Frank Rage, assured the judges that his client was sorry for the criminal acts in which he was involved and that all he wanted was to serve his sentence to rebuild his life honestly.

Precisely now that the news of his supposed death has transpired, unofficial sources point out that this would be the consequence of a revenge by the Sinaloa Cartel itself, since it would have tried to betray the Zambada family.

The unofficial version indicates that Aréchiga Gamboa had attempted to betray "El Mayo" by carrying a chip on his body with which he would help the US government locate the capo's hiding places.

The night of last Friday, May 15, it was unofficially disclosed that "El Chino Anthrax" had been "raised" along with his sister, Ada Jimena Aréchiga, and his brother-in-law, Juan García (brother of the late local deputy Ocadio García), in a house located in the Guadalupe Victoria neighborhood, in the capital of Sinaloa.

Outside the home where the former hitman was allegedly found, marks of dozens of high-caliber bullet wounds were left. The following day the three bodies were found in Ayuné.

Re: Article on why Chino was murdered

Oh that's perfect Southerngirl.Great example!The article is texted in full words along with the link (source) and it's translated to boot.I don't think this is a double post (didn't notice this article anywhere else on Forum) and interesting article on him giving up drug routes.