Quantcast

Anyone know who these guys are ?

OhTheCalIsOnYou
This post was updated on .
Video content is a bunch of presumed narcos douching it up and endangering lives by shooting off live rounds among crowds of people.  With the music in the background, I'm guessing it's at a fair or carnival or some type of holiday celebration.

Judging from their dress, the fact that the "little people" are roped off, and the fact that they have Ak47s and Desert Eagle .50 handguns, these guys seem important.

Does anyone know who they are ?

SO MANY MAD BROS, SO LITTLE TIME...

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

guero.

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

OhTheCalIsOnYou
I tried embedding and it's not working.  I don't know why...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b8a_1335589380
SO MANY MAD BROS, SO LITTLE TIME...

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

Hi..

I tried also and no go..it should work maybe its the size..
1-10-SIEMPRE

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

OhTheCalIsOnYou
Hi Chivis,

Can you tell me why my embed code is not working ?  Also, who are the guys in the video ?
SO MANY MAD BROS, SO LITTLE TIME...

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

OhTheCalIsOnYou
I tried using the recommended size from ©ĤİVǾ 's post here:

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2009/04/forum.html

That didn't work, I also tried the smallest size that Liveleak would allow me to embed: 560x315 and that doesn't work either, so I give up, lol.

Something else I noticed...look at the people scrambling to pick up the shell casings, like kids in the United States scramble after a baseball at a MLB game.
SO MANY MAD BROS, SO LITTLE TIME...

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

buggs
Not sure what the problem is, uploaded it to Borderland Beat Youtube

looks like some plated handguns and others possibly custom made.
Borderland Beat

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

OhTheCalIsOnYou
Thanks Buggs.

I used your embed code and it worked.  I guess it doesn't like Liveleak, lol.

SO MANY MAD BROS, SO LITTLE TIME...
SRG

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

SRG
Looks like some dirty zetas in some secluded rancho, and those people probablly never seen a 50 cal shell,

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

Pinchegringo
Funny b/c the guy in white almost shot the head off his homie

These guys are cowards without their weapons.

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

Chimera
What I wonder is, how many of those people in the captive audience "caught" a bullet on the way back down. When a bullet is shot up in the air, physics and the laws of gravity say the terminal velocity when it hits the ground -- or the head or shoulder of someone 5 feet above it! -- is the same as when it left the muzzle of the gun. Pretty dumb guys.

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

Siskiyou_Kid
A shot has to be fired straight up in order to land on the crowd below it. This is very unlikely and usually it's only a problem in densely populated cities or crowds numbering in the millions. Sometime when hundreds, or even thousands, of people are firing in the air, like during New Years celebrations, this can be a problem, but a ricochet is a more likely danger in this type of situation.
En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

ArmChairIntellect
If a bullet is fired straight into the air terminal velocity would slow the bullet to the point where it would not hurt anyone, the same is true if pennys are tossed off the Empire State building they cause no harm.  Terminal velocity means that there is a maxium rate an object can fall, a bullet being fired from a gun had added energy due to the gunpowder therefore would rapidly pass it terminal velocity.  Now a bullet fired at an angle could kill someone.

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

AnAnonymousUser
el tigre from Z, &  isidro
I personally thought that it was obvious.  Bcs of the way they speak, plus the pistol that was used.

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

Chimera
ArmChairIntellect wrote
If a bullet is fired straight into the air terminal velocity would slow the bullet to the point where it would not hurt anyone, the same is true if pennys are tossed off the Empire State building they cause no harm.  Terminal velocity means that there is a maxium rate an object can fall, a bullet being fired from a gun had added energy due to the gunpowder therefore would rapidly pass it terminal velocity.  Now a bullet fired at an angle could kill someone.
off topic

Well, when the bullet reaches its ultimate height its velocity is zero at the top of the arc. But then it starts back down again, accelerating the whole way down at the rate of 32 ft/sec^2, until it is going as fast as it can under the force of gravity, which is its terminal velocity. Like I said, Physics says, if it goes absolutely straight up, perpendicular to the ground, its velocity when it gets back down to the height that it left the gun will be identical to its velocity when it left the gun in the first place.

Of course, who -- especially these... Dumb smiley playing with loaded gun (animated) -- can shoot absolutely straight up!  So. The ones that go almost straight up lose velocity depending on the angle at which they leave the muzzle. But they still are  going the same velocity when they  get back down that they were when they started. See? confused smiley

I'm sorry this is so long!!! And I apologize for being such a know-it-all, and pretty much off topic... But this is kinda my thing.

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

AnAnonymousUser
according to MythBuster's Episode #50, ArmChair is correct.  Straight up, and it'll fall at a much smaller speed.

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

AnAnonymousUser

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

Chimera
AnAnonymousUser wrote
according to MythBuster's Episode #50, ArmChair is correct.  Straight up, and it'll fall at a much smaller speed.
Hmmm... ok, I went and looked at that MythBusters episode here, at this link. What it says is MythBusters found "Bullets fired up into the air can be lethal: busted, plausible, and confirmed." LOL!!! Well. There we are, then.

But here's what happened, and there's a really good description of the episode at that link: First they did an experiment using ballistic gel to simulate air pressure, using that to get figures to design a wind-tunnel experiment. The wind-tunnel experiment was based on how fast the wind would have to blow to counter-act the speed of the bullet. (I think that's what it said. I just skimmed it really fast!) Then they shot bullets (I think just the bullets, no shell, etc.) out of a hose with air pressure against the wind. Very strangely designed. The results of this are what made them say "Busted."

Then, they discovered a man working at Sanford University who is an international expert on falling bullets. This man told them about just two cases in CA where 1) a woman was injured in her leg by a falling bullet, fired into the air 1-1/2 miles away; 2) a man under his carport had a bullet fall into his brain and kill him. This gave them their "Confirmed" result. (I personally know of a case here in my small city a few years ago where a little girl was killed on July 4 from a falling bullet.)

So, the guys went out into the desert and shot guns into the air.  That gave them their "Plausible" result.

I guess we have to say that theoretically it is possible and it has actually happened in reality but it is really hard to duplicate experimentally? Animated confused emoticon

I apologize again for such a long post, and for being so off topic. But start talking science, and, well...

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

final sleep
You really think the bullet comes down as fast as it leaves your gun? It won't, ever even if it comes back down hundreds of miles. But of course it can still be lethal if it hits someones head.

Just believe, or even read again. ACI is totally right.
"I gave them the little finger - they took whole hand."

Re: Anyone know who these guys are ?

Chimera
Final wrote
You really think the bullet comes down as fast as it leaves your gun? It won't, ever even if it comes back down hundreds of miles. But of course it can still be lethal if it hits someones head.

Just believe, or even read again. ACI is totally right.
Well, I think what we're talking about now is whether a bullet can be going fast enough when it comes back down to do any damage. Do I "believe" that? No. I know it. As for reaching the same speed, well, that's one of those "theoretically, with a perfect setup and in a perfect vacuum and with a frictionless gun" type of things.

The episode of MythBusters that ACI quotes as his authority does not say that a bullet can't come back down fast enough to kill you.