Any other Mexican natives living in USA avoiding Mexico?

Kab

Any other Mexican natives living in USA avoiding Mexico?

Kab
Hi, been a long time reader and poster in this site.

10-15 years ago I never dreamed Mexico would reach the status of a failed state.  I always believed Mexico will get ahead and beat this "war on drugs" when it was first announced by Felipe Calderon.  Growing up I always remember all the snide comments my father made of Mexico and it's people.   "Que la raza va al revez como los cangrejos envez de seguir a delante," "La gente que viene de alla valen pa pura verga pa trabajar" (He worked in agriculture as a foreman, so he has a ton of first hand experience on this), and so on.  He even found common ground with President Trump when he was running for office.

Now at 35+ years of age, I see what my father meant all those times, and to refer back to my original question....

A HUGE fuck no to going to Mexico any time soon.

It is an embarrassment, a disgusting mess, and the future children are ruined with all that Narco terrorist culture.

Thank God I live in the USA.  Best country in the world bar none.
MX

Re: Any other Mexican natives living in USA avoiding Mexico?

MX
Mexico isn’t a failed state. But to answer your question from the title, there are thousands of Mexicans who fled to the U.S. when the drug war erupted. Many were from affluent families who could afford living in the U.S. and that were granted residency because of their purchasing power. This was particularly true in border states.

In Tamaulipas alone, lots of rich families from Nuevo Laredo, Valle Hermoso, Río Bravo, Tampico, Reynosa and Matamoros fled to Texas and closed down their businesses in Mexico, or simply operated them from the U.S. But not all Mexicans had the ability to do this. Many have returned, but the children for the most part have remained in the U.S. since many studied there when they fled.

Note: This response is based on my own experience and is anecdotal. It is not meant to be read as an absolute statement of fact.

Re: Any other Mexican natives living in USA avoiding Mexico?

juris
The whole drug aspect is a met sideshow at this point. The organizations which started out running drugs have advanced so far beyond that. Drugs or no drugs, these organizations are going to be to beat.

Re: Any other Mexican natives living in USA avoiding Mexico?

Slappy
Your whole post is rife with fallacies.

First off you haven't traveled much, have you?  The US is like 38th best place, not first.  Also, Mexico isn't a failed state I have coworkers who travel there several times per year to see family.

If what you read on sites like this is all you know of Mexico, then I can see believing such nonsense, but you are FROM THERE?  Hmmm...
MX

Re: Any other Mexican natives living in USA avoiding Mexico?

MX
I said Mexico is not a failed state. You misread by post. I’m from Tamaulipas.

Re: Any other Mexican natives living in USA avoiding Mexico?

Delta80
Mexico is a huge country, not all of it is an all out war zone. I can tell you from personal experience that you're 10 times safer in some areas (NOT all) of Mexico than you would be in crime ridden areas of Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, ect.

Re: Any other Mexican natives living in USA avoiding Mexico?

Parro
I'm from Mexico, as is my family even though my Spanish sucks.

I'm not avoiding Mexico at all, just the bad guys.  There is a lot of good there for sure!

Re: Any other Mexican natives living in USA avoiding Mexico?

Cirilo
Living 15 minutes away from the international bridge I havent been to mex in well over 15 or more years. Before everyone would go like nothing to go eat or drink (not talking about nuevo progreso or tourist towns).

In high school that was the thing to do, everyone would cross to mexico to party and get drunk from multiple schools.

Now we hear of people getting car jacked or robbed all the time. If you dont have family over there its pointless to go. Even those that do have family sometimes wont cross their cars, they walk across the bridge and have someone pick them up at the other side, and drop them back off right at the bridge when they want to come back.

Its very sad.  Mexico is beautiful the sights the smells the food the people, but nowadays you have a bunch of young hot heads with weapons and radios and any wrong look they get they try to prove themselves to whoever especially if they arent from the area.

Re: Any other Mexican natives living in USA avoiding Mexico?

Parro
Yes.

I'll always go  back even though many of mi amigos won't.

When the terrorists, soon to be named, rule, then they become weak.  Existing on a delusion.

Mexico is a great place!  The revolution has not come yet, but it will.  Either mark my words or better, participate.

I would like to avoid the places I'm most uncomfortable in, but if I do, where is everyone else?  Hope to post on Mexico travels shortly.

Viva Mexico!!