American Tourist Missing in Isla Mujeres

American Tourist Missing in Isla Mujeres

Mica
Mica - I am starting to see news generated online about a missing tourist on the island of Isla Mujeres (15-minute boat ride from Cancun). Although this is not a narco story (it very well could turn into one), I frequent the island and it is of interest to me.  Figure I would spread the word and also it will be interesting to see how the "search" goes on a 5-mile island by authorities.

Admins - feel free to reply delete and I will do so.

Caley Roberta Manning from Pennsylvania went missing on Monday 11/12.  She was vacationing on the island of Isla Mujeres with a friend.  The group was staying at the Mia Reef Hotel with her friend Jamie DeSpirito.  She was staying with a friend at the Mia Reef hotel, but she didn't know her roommate's whereabouts, because she was sleeping when she realized that her roommate had left the room.

In the wee hours, she went out and looked for her, but after a while, she returned to the room, according to the complaint.

Manning, 38, 5'6", blonde hair, blue eyes, colorful day of the dead tattoo on right ankle, tattoo on right hip of a mermaid or serpant. I'm not sure what she wore when she left the hotel room but 15 mins prior when I last saw her she was wearing a cerulean blue t-shirt. Thanks!

NO TRACE OF THE LOST TOURIST IN ISLA MUJERES
The Prosecutor General of Justice said that so far there is no progress on the search for the tourist who has been missing since the night of last Tuesday.

Cristian Montenegro Aragón, Coordinator of the Office of the Prosecutor in Isla Mujeres explained that yesterday some steps were taken at the Hotel Mía where they met with some managers of the hotel, but did not provide new information, plus those that were already known.

He explained that the boyfriend of the now disappeared, said it is not the first time he does, has disappeared some days, however, the authority is still investigating.

On the other hand, you can not think that the woman took a plane to return to their country of origin, since inside the hotel was found the tourist's passport.

DIF also issued the alert "Alba" to ask for help and find the foreigner who responds to the name of Caley Roberta Maning Elizabeth, 38 years old.

There are several versions, including that the body had appeared floating in the vicinity of the head, an area near Isla Contoy and that some fishermen saw it, but that nothing was done to rescue the body.

The version has not been confirmed and there is a mystery about the case.

Re: American Tourist Missing in Isla Mujeres

Chava
The Attorney General's office confirmed that a complaint was filed last night concerning the disappearance or loss of an American tourist whose whereabouts remain unknown.

Nov. 14 Caley Roberta Elizabeth Manning, 38, is suspected of having entered the sea on Monday night. She is a tourist from Pennsylvania and her friend filed the report on Tuesday evening, 24 hours after the event.

Yesterday authorities were looking in the vicinity of the Caribbean sea and beach during the night and early morning after a report was received that a woman had gone in to swim.

Re: American Tourist Missing in Isla Mujeres

the parents were told this one  is a cartel related death- i gave info video and screenshot to yaqui to post n mb suppoedly he died on oct 28

Re: American Tourist Missing in Isla Mujeres

That was pretty fast for Mexico to id and name the cartel group.

--

American traveler missing in Mexico was killed by Sinaloa cartel, officials say

Javier Corral, the governor of Chihuahua, wrote on his official Facebook page that investigators believe Braxton-Andrew was killed by a narco-trafficker operating in the region named José Noriel Portilo Gil, also known as “El Chueco.”

From WAPO

Re: American Tourist Missing in Isla Mujeres

mica....of the 150-200 deaths of american in mexico each year a fair amount is due to drowning especially in cabos BC sur

all deaths are reported each year and cause.  very few homicides actually occur

20M visit mx each year so those are pretty safe numbers

Re: American Tourist Missing in Isla Mujeres

So very sad.Wrong place at the wrong time.Only on a simple hike.I'm thinking he was robbed?Having those 'goat horns' these guys are opportunistic and he was alone not that that has stopped any cartel guys in the past.(to be blunt they pay for that privledge).I think safety of tourists is of great importance for a lot of us on here as most of us on here have some connection to Mexico but we need to take it sometimes with a grain of salt and like Chivis says,look at the total #'s going to Mexico that it's rare for a tourist to be murdered.(it's scarier for the local populace).