Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

Chava
MEXICO CITY - The Federal Police arrested Felix Alejandro Magno Acevedo, leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco (CIDA).

According to the National Commission on Security (CNS), the detainee is responsible for the violence in the port.

His arrest was carried out in Ecatepec, State of Mexico, along with another person who was with him.

According to CNS, resulting from actions taken against them by the authorities and the rivalry he had with antagonistic group, Magno Acevedo decided to change his center of operations to the state of Puebla.

At the time of his arrest he was carrying two guns and a bag containing about half a kilogram of cocaine.

Magno Acevedo is on the list of 48 priorities within the Special Security Strategy in Guerrero.

The detainees were secured and made available to the Public Prosecutor of the Federation.

http://www.proceso.com.mx/?p=426164

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

Best
So these guys are former BLO?

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

Chava

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

Chava
According to this article, you are correct:

http://www.noticiasmvs.com/#!/noticias/caen-en-acapulco-tres-presuntos-integrantes-del-cida-en-posesion-de-armas-y-drogas-41

CIDA is a split between Betrán Leyva Cartel and its main leader, Victor Hugo Aguirre Garzon, alias "El Gordo" or "fat", was arrested last March 10 when he was hiding in Merida, Yucatan.

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

It's been awhile since I was really up on Acapulco, but closely following in 2011 or so, I remember after La Barbie, his people formed Cartel Independent De Acapulco, and then they split, guys like Cremas, Melon, on one of the Aguirres....guys like that were running cells, extortion, kidnappings, were basically their bread and butter.  So, after the split La Barredoa, fought CIDA.  And then I think both La Barredora and CIDA split again.....all creating a brutal cycle of violence and neverending conflict...All the money guys are long gone, and you are left with local thugs with no sophistication and a endless supply of their own local feuds to fuel violence and cells forming and dissolving.  There is no real organized crime in Acapulco.

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

Bjeff

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

Chava
Mind boggling...........

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

Itzli
CIDA had joined back with the Betlran Leyva Cartel, however, a recent banner in Acapulco claims that he and CIDA and general no longer are with them.

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

Disorganized crime??

Government Peña capture presumed criminal who was arrested in 2013

Chava
Chilpancingo, Gro.- The federal government celebrated the capture of Felix Alexander Acevedo, (El Correcaminos) Road Runner or (El Alex) The Alex, alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco (CIDA), and Gabriel Leon Villa, designated as successor to Gildardo López Astudillo, (El Cabo Gil) Cape Gil, former head of Iguala plaza of the criminal group Guerreros Unidos.

However, he failed to point out that the alleged port leader (capo) was first arrested in late February 2013, accused of executing the businessman from Belgium, Jan KM Sarens in Acapulco Diamante area, nor explained why he was released and continued to operate with impunity in the main tourist destination in the state.

STORY LINK HERE:  http://sipse.com/mexico/en-la-mira-exsocio-de-belga-asesinado-en-acapulco-17525.html

In the case of Gabriel Leon of Igualo, it was said that this character is considered a low profile criminal in Guerrero Unidos, currently disputed by Victor Hugo Benitez Palacios (El Tilo), head of the band called Los Peques, and Nicolas Najera Salgado( El May), according to official reports.

None of that highlighted by the federal authorities, although there’s been a direct link to El Tilo and his executive arm, identified as Joaquin Eduardo Jaimes (The Choky) with the disappearance of the 43 normalistas from Ayotzinapa.

Both subjects are also designated publicly as protected by the Army, entrepreneur Federico Figueroa and former mayor of Taxco and current PRI federal deputy Solomon Makhoul González, god father of the current Foreign Secretary Claudia Ruiz Massieu.

In the context of extreme violence and insecurity that prevails in most of the entity because of the dispute between criminal gangs, the federal government issued separate statements yesterday to announce the arrest in the State of Mexico, the alleged CIDA  leader and the supposed successor El Cabo Gil.

In this regard, official sources consulted by this reporter pointed out that both actions taken by the Federal Police did not affect the structure of criminal groups that continue to operate under a protective blanket of impunity nor violence will decrease.

In Acapulco, the plaza is disputed by gangs of the remnants of CIDA and Beltrán-Leyva Cartel, currently run by Hector Beltran, a criminal linked to the former port mayor and current PRI national leader Manuel Añorve Baños, also noted for his links with drug traffickers, according to informants.

Añorve Baños, along with the current PRI senator and former governor René Juárez Cisneros, were in key administration posts of Héctor Astudillo, who decided to leave "in the hands of God," the state government and the delicate issue of security.

Meanwhile, the Guerrero Unidos in Iguala criminal group goes through a period of internal conflict for control of the northern part of the state.

In recent days, the city of Iguala was plastered with messages and narcomantas where the main operators of the criminal group, El Tilo and El May, were mutually blamed for the wave of murders and kidnappings, and point to army commanders, authorities of the three (government) levels and politicians that provide protection to drug traffickers.

And as the federal government seeks the media effect in spreading the capture of Alex and Gabriel Leon, the kidnapping of 16 members of a family in the municipality of Arcelia and the kidnapping of five teachers Ajuchitlán del progreso remain unpunished.

http://www.proceso.com.mx/?p=426264

Police arrest boss of Acapulco cartel

Chava
And the beat goes on...............

A man believed to have been a key player in recent violence in Acapulco was arrested with four others this week. - See more at: http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/police-arrest-boss-acapulco-cartel/#sthash.4NH3Ivex.dpuf

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

jlopez
This arrest brings up an idea that has been cooking in my alleged brain for some time. Mexican authorities invariably arrest mass murderers, kidnappers, extortionists, drug traffickers and other criminals who have been linked to these criminal acts in the popular mythology for ages. Yet, they always charge them with two fairly innocuous crimes (given their reputations), to wit: carrying illegal weapons and crimes against public health. So, what's going on?

I have always attributed this partly to the incompetence of Mexican investigators and prosecutors who really cannot investigate and prosecute anything more complicated than spitting on the sidewalk (assuming that someone files the appropriate "denuncia" to allow Mexican cops to get off their collective asses). I think this explanation is quite reasonable given the 99% impunity rate that Mexican criminals enjoy. Think about it: you can kill somebody, rob a bank, sell drugs and  spit on the sidewalk, and your chances of getting caught are 1 in a hundred. Good odds. No wonder crime is such a popular career choice in Mexico.

But lately, much to my embarrassment, I have been thinking that there is perhaps another explanation that has been staring me in the face and that also explains why these charges are so popular; drugs and weapons are portable and easy to plant on suspects, including dead suspects, of course. It's not as if the cops and the military do not have ample supplies of drugs and weapons to plant on people they are pissed off at. This explanation is totally consistent with my view that Mexican cops and prosecutors are  incompetent and corrupt, so I suppose it is a derivative explanation. My apologies for not mentioning it earlier.

There a probably thousands of honest Mexican cops and military personnel who are honest and trying to do their jobs. The dozens of casualties these institutions suffer every year shows at the very least that they are confronting criminals and getting shot in the process. But in Mexico, I firmly believe that corruption flows from the top down.

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

Chava
A narcomanta in Acapulco, I can't make out a lot of it, but CIDA - sorry I can't figure out how to make it smaller

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

ToPHeR
Basically some new group claiming to have arrived to "clean" the plaza

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

jlopez
Admirable how so many civic minded groups are involved in cleaning plazas. Must be difficult to find a dirty plaza these days.

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

el Jesse James
With all the chiva coming out of Guerrero, you'd think one(or many) of the groups there could turn a respectable profit and build a pretty serious cartel, no? I mean, if the figures of more heroin than the entire golden triangle are correct and all...?

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

O I'm sure they rob each other's crop or if they get robbed they justify robbing someone's else's.I'm sure when they catch a rival they try to get that info about stash houses etc.It's about padding the greed.More is always better.Drugs just doesn't cut it any more.They are obviously not satisfied with their profits.Everything and anything to make $ and now that the economy is down maybe the politicos are demanding more $.It's a cycle that never ends and the stakes are getting higher and higher.What gives?

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

Chava
http://www.red-noticias.com/?p=78548

The alleged leader of a split in the Independent Cartel of Acapulco (CIDA), Freddy del Valle Berde, alias El Burro, was arrested Saturday in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur.

According to official sources, Del Valle Berdel was arrested by agents of the Research Division of the Federal Police in coordination with the Center for Investigation and National Security (Cisen) .

The Federal Police identify El Burro as "one of the main generators of violence in the port of Acapulco" because he is accused of ordering several kidnappings, extortions and killings against members of opposing groups, as well as being responsible for the sale and distribution of drugs .

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

That banner is bassicly is cida has came into agreement to work together again .cida split in half when la barbie got caught and el charro replaced him as leader.nobody respected la barbies father in law as leader he actually heated the plaza by dissapearing 40 tourist or so the goverment bagged him for breaking the rules.

Re: Alleged leader of the Independent Cartel of Acapulco Arrested

ESLiero