Aeropostale?

Bjeff
It seems to me a lot of these sicarios on Facebook tend to put Aeropostale as their workplace. Is that a trending fashion among young gangsters?

Re: Aeropostale?

Probably code like Ferrari and John Deere.

Re: Aeropostale?

1966tinman
Aeropostle is an American brand like Abercombie and Fitch that gears its brand to young men and women . In Mexico a lot of teenagers and twenty somethings look at American brands as status symbols and like to dress like American urban youth .  I remember in the early 80's I would live in the summers in Mexico with my grandparents in an upscale neighborhood in Queretaro City , Queretaro . My mother would take hundreds of articles of clothing that my brothers and sisters no longer wore or had outgrown . She would give them to an aunt who distributed the clothing to a neighbor that owned a vintage clothing store . I remember one friend nicknamed Clavo would beg me for heavy metal band / concert T-shirts from  AC/ DC , Def Leppard , Scorpions ,  Ozzy Osbourne , and any others .  He would wear them all the time and was known all over Queretaro City  for the shirts .  I still remember neighborhood  youths asking me to sell them used Levi jeans   , Walkmans , Members Only jackets , Pioneer stereos or just anything American .

Re: Aeropostale?

On a total non sequitur, we shop there once in a while for casual shirts and what not.

Anyway, I wear a Lake Arrowhead t-shirt once in while, usually with 501's. For whatever reason, almost every time I have this shirt on, people I may know coincidentally, but don't recognize, although usually complete strangers, stop me and ask where I stay, what areas we frequent, what we do, etc.

So bizarre. We have a friend with a summer home in the area, and I think she would find this anecdote from a tiny town in the Pacific Northwest foothills somewhat amusing.

Re: Aeropostale?

I remember that era before free trade.Mexico was quite protectionist more so than other countries.You could not find any American products in any store or from any country for that matter.I liked it because the products were all different brands than what I was used to and sometimes the quality wasn't there like 1st time you would wash an item the dye in the cloth would run but it was definitely authentic and you knew you weren't in your home country.I remember Mexicans wanted to buy my Levis off me and once I was offered double what my 900cc Kawasaki was worth by a rich kid in Mexico City.The only motorcycles that Mexico made were small cc ones like Ispo and Carabella 250cc or less.

Re: Aeropostale?

Bajadrone-2

Re: Aeropostale?

Haha too funny Baja even his saxophone on his shoulder.I'm sure Hillary appreciates this photo very much with Bill's zipper undone and who's that below Miss Monica Lewinski going in for the kill.