Admins please read

Alacran
Admins you guys have worked too hard to create the best drug war news blog out there and I appluad you for the awesome work you have done. Recently I have  noticed lots of non sense being allowed on the forum page by wacked out followers which is honestly making BB lose credibility. I check every single day to see what new info comes out & see a bunch of fantasy wacko posts. Is there a way of filtering through & making sure that these people do not make it on the forum as we loyal followers do not want to lose interest in the site because of the non sense being allowed?

Thanks

Re: Admins please read

DD
@ Alacran.  Thank you for your kind words and your concern about the Forum.  Please give me examples of what you are talking about by email.  We do not act as censors per se, and allow people to express their opinions even if we do not agree with them (and some of them are pretty wacky).  I try to keep spam off the Forum as soon as I see it.

I generally read every comment posted on the Forum even if a thread doesn't hold any interest for me.  But what I am checking is to try to insure there are no personal attacks, etc.

I would be very interested in your views and the reason I am asking you to share it by email is I don't want to start a discussion on the Forum where people jump in and dump on someone they don't like.

You can email me by clicking the people button, then hit my name and my profile will come up with my email address.

Re: Admins please read

Baggy
and remember to say who you are in the name of the email or DD wont know where its come from..

Do you mean posted stories or peoples comments? And chance are you are probably referring to the ''slow'' one.. dw about him he isn't here or even aware of his surroundings all that often.

Re: Admins please read

I realize that MANY posters do not want to sent messages through email on forum.  I know because I get a fair amount of forum complaints through mainboard because it is anonymous there.

So if that is the case, feel free to write through therem began with "Attn Chivis" and it will get directly to me.  If I saw examples I could respond. Most of the complaints I read are not in content but about what complainers perceive as  a hostile group in forum that attack people thinking differently than that group but rarely is a complaint about content.

Paz,

Re: Admins please read

Sorry AJ your comment was accidently deleted while the inappropriate comment of the other poster was deleted.

I agree, back in the old day a much larger number of people use to use user names.  But one can tell who is who if the comment a lot.

You have always been supportive, and I knew you would like forum which is why I encouraged it.  I asked Brito to try it also, he did but not for long.

As for if they don't like it they don't have to come, that can be a motto for another blog but not here.  Buggs has rules and none of us have a right to make this blog anything other than his vision.  Besides I would not want to, he/BB has been hugely respected and successful as it is.  we will look for troublemakers and they will be gone, we want both main board and forum to be welcoming to all people and respectful views.  If anyone wants it a different way they can initiate a blog of their own.

Buela

Re: Admins please read

JohnnyOzone-2

Re: Admins please read

j.ward
The forum runs just fine, I would suggest if you see a posting that seem to have a impact on you that you exercise some self control and just skip over them, I have been watching this forum for years and can not figure out what you are talking about when you say; " lots of non sense being allowed on the forum page by wacked out followers"

Re: Admins please read

j.ward
JohnnyOzone wrote
I think this issue has been brought up before and has been properly dealt by the admins, as anyone who has been here for awhile will remember.

More and more now when there are threads that are going really off topic or a bunch of bs the admins have been much more reactive and prompt about controlling it. So thanks guys and i do not see a reason for another thread bout this.

Also ive noticed that half the time these kind of threads are thinly veiled attacks on AJ for posting quite a lot of stuff that maybe is on the border of off topic. However time has shown that AJ posts are enjoyed by many and bring in a lot of views, plus he controls it like the admins have requested.

It may be a good idea if those users that have been allowed to have their own off topic forum posted within the BB forum that they be relegated to the "sub-forum" area where off topic posts are supposed to go instead of on the main forum front page, what if everyone wanted to have their own personal off topic forum page for posting off topic posts on the main forum front page? Personally I do not care but I do believe things should be fair for everyone and obviously there are some who have issue with it i.e. this posting.

Re: Admins please read

DD
@jward.  I think your suggestion is a good one but there is one problem.  I have tried to set up sub-forum in a way that would give notice on the main Forum that a topic had been posted on sub-forum, but I have not been able to figure out how to post on sub-forum without the full post showing on the Forum also.  That kind of defeats the purpose of having a sub-forum.
AJ

Re: Admins please read

AJ

@ JohnnyOzone

CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: Admins please read

AJ
This post was updated on .

I can tell that this is a touchy subject for some.

Freedom of Speech is a Bitch.
CHIVIS FOREVER