AUSTIN POLICE MONITOR CARTELS THROUGH LOCAL GANG ACTIVITY

AUSTIN POLICE MONITOR CARTELS THROUGH LOCAL GANG ACTIVITY

Havana
This post was updated on .
Happy Columbus Day (?)...

Part 2

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/police-keeping-up-with-gangs-to-monitor-cartels-1904465.html?cxtype=rss_ece_frontpage

Seems Austin is getting in gear observing local gangs in relation to the Mexican cartels.  They're a  little slow to the plate here on this front especially being the Capital city, home to the Texas Governor, and being located right smack in the center of Texas. Austin has been mostly concerned with tourism, being the live music capital of the US, a growing tech. mecca, home to University of Texas (oil money,intelligencia and football fanatics), Because of all that they'll most likely be a quick study.   I would like to see Austin take this threat seriously,make a difference in trying to control the growth of cartel allegiances in the city as well as drug distribution.  There are people who care about it here.  Well, I do, anyway.

Re: AUSTIN POLICE MONITOR CARTELS THROUGH LOCAL GANG ACTIVITY

thanks wen!

Tx is represented by all the top cartels who have a presence now from the so border to the north.  Just as Az. Ca etc...

Sinaloa and now the last letter in So Cal.. they have a presence in every state (MDC) and hundreds of cities...presently low key in the sense of great violence...they recruit from all gangs, brown, white, black.

jp

Re: AUSTIN POLICE MONITOR CARTELS THROUGH LOCAL GANG ACTIVITY

jp
Austin has been a liberal city for some time and it has been proud of it's title of a sanctuary city.

When you lie down with dogs expect some fleas.

Gov. Rick Perry this week pushed to the top of the legislative agenda the abolition of so-called sanctuary cities, which he says protect undocumented immigrants. But law enforcement authorities in major Texas cities say tackling that issue is not their job.

Police and sheriff's officials in Austin, Dallas and Houston say they don't enforce immigration laws or ask people about their immigration status, in part to encourage people to report crimes and work with police.

Law enforcement officers in Austin, Travis County and Houston are not allowed under department policy to stop people to determine their immigration status or because they think someone is in the country illegally. And policies in Austin and Dallas County say law enforcement officers work to keep people safe regardless of their immigration status.
Link to article http://www.statesman.com/news/texas-politics/amid-talk-of-sanctuary-cities-austin-police-other-1186663.html

wenglenca wrote

Seems Austin is getting in gear observing and local gangs in relation to the Mexican cartels.  They're a  little slow to the plate here on this front especially being the Capital city, home to the Texas Governor, and being located right smack in the center of Texas. Austin has been mostly concerned with tourism, being the live music capital of the US, a growing tech. mecca, home to University of Texas (oil money,intelligencia and football fanatics), Because of all that they'll most likely be a quick study.   I would like to see Austin take this threat seriously,make a difference in trying to control the growth of cartel allegiances in the city as well as drug distribution.  There are people who care about it here.  Well, I do, anyway.
Tex

Re: AUSTIN POLICE MONITOR CARTELS THROUGH LOCAL GANG ACTIVITY

Tex

Re: AUSTIN POLICE MONITOR CARTELS THROUGH LOCAL GANG ACTIVITY

especially in certain areas of SD.  I remember when Chula Vista was pretty much a dump until the Mx old Money wealthy and Wealthy families of top narcos came to town.  They began building those huge homes and making it a different place.  Distinguishing the two elements is easy for many reasons but ironically one is the Wealthy "├Âld money"  Mexicans are the ones that are rude, pushy and demanding...

Re: AUSTIN POLICE MONITOR CARTELS THROUGH LOCAL GANG ACTIVITY

Havana
Hey Buela: Yep, we have 'em all but it seems they are discreet here.  Even in the areas of this city where you might expect a bounty of the black suburbans, Hummers ed hardy shirts, gold chains, narco cow boots etc., you don't.  In Houston, and places closer to the border, it is easier to spot them, and cross the border and it is simple.