AMLO

Parro
[MOST PEOPLE CAN'T REMEMBER AMLO AFTER 3 MONTHS IN OFFICE, STATED THAT CRIME ACTIVITY HAS BASICALLY BEEN STOPPED, BEFORE THE ALL-TIME HIGH HOMICIDES IN MEXICO.  HE RESOLVED THAT THE MISSING 43 IN AGUILA WAS HIS PRIORITY AND HE WOULD GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THE CRIME IMMEDIATELY.  WHETHER VISITING CHAPO'S GRANDMOTHER IN BADRIGUATA, HUGGING, SHAKING HANDS DURING THE ON-SET OF THE CORONIVIRUS.  YOU JUST HAVE TO WONDER ABOUT THIS GUY.  CAN HE JUST BE THIS STUPID OR ONLY HAVE A POLITICAL AGENDA FOR POPULIST APPEAL TO THE SENIORS AND THE POOR. NOW THIS GOOD NEWS! IT'S ABOUT TIME.  THERE IS NO COLLUSION BETWEEN THE NARCOS AND GOVERNMENT ANYMORE!!  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?]

President López Obrador has expressed confidence that violence will be brought under control because there is no longer any collusion between authorities and organized crime.

“We have a lot of confidence that we’re going to control violence. Do you know why? Because there is no longer complicity; the … dividing line between crime and the government is now well defined,” he told reporters at his morning news conference on Wednesday.

The president asserted that his administration is making progress towards pacifying Mexico despite a dire security situation it inherited from previous governments. López Obrador said his government works every day to eradicate violence and that has not changed as a result of the coronavirus crisis.

“The special operation we’ve had since the start of this government is to work every day from six in the morning,” he said.

López Obrador noted that homicides decreased last month – preliminary figures show they were down 3.6% compared to March – and that the security situation had improved further in the first week of May.

However, he acknowledged that violence levels remain stubbornly high in Guanajuato. One-fifth of the 76 homicides recorded across the country on Tuesday occurred in that state.

López Obrador conceded that Guanajuato is problematic but stressed that security officials are not responding to the situation with their “arms crossed.”

“We have thousands of [National Guard] elements in Guanajuato but the problem is deeply rooted; they [past federal governments] allowed it to grow,” he said.

The state was the most violent in the country last year, with more than 3,500 homicide victims. A bloody turf war between the Jalisco New Generation Cartel and the Santa Rosa de Lima Cartel over control of fuel theft, extortion and kidnapping is considered the main driver of violence in the state.

While López Obrador says that his administration is already responding to the situation, the head of a citizens’ group believes that the federal government needs to do more.

Municipal and state governments can’t combat the high levels of violence on their own, said José Antonio Ortega Sánchez, president of the Citizens Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice.

“They need the help of the federal government to break up all the gangs that cause the violence in Guanajuato,” he said.

Security operations in the state should not just focus on arresting José Antonio “El Marro” Yépez Ortiz, leader of the Santa Rosa de Lima Cartel, but also “all his operational chiefs,” Ortega said.

“Obviously, impunity needs to be eliminated; if crimes of murder and malicious injury are not punished … violence will not go down. We have to punish [criminals], apply the law in order to be able to really overcome [the violence crisis],” he said.

Ortega also said that the government’s social programs have failed to stem the violence that plagues not just Guanajuato but many other parts of the country.

The López Obrador administration has spent three times more on crime prevention and welfare programs – part of the president’s so-called hugs not bullets strategy – than the governments of Felipe Calderón and Enrique Peña Nieto yet violence persists, he said.

There are more becarios, or scholarship holders, now but there are still many sicarios, or hired killers, Ortega said.

The public security activist also charged that the National Guard, a new federal security force formally inaugurated last June, lacks a clear strategy to combat the high levels of violence.

A clear strategy is needed; it should coordinate with state and municipal forces and be a support for the [states],” Ortega said.

From:   https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/amlo-violence-will-be-controlled-because-there-is-no-longer-collusion/

[WOW.  I CAN'T BELIEVE THE POLICIA, POLITICOS, CJNG AND THE MARINAS HAVE ALL COME TO AGREEMENT.  BUT NO.  ANOTHER FALSE FACT, SCAPE-GOATING THE PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATIONS, LYING ABOUT VIRUSES, ACCLAIMING THE SUPERHUMAN FACTS OF THE MEXICAN POPULACE.  ONLY ANGLING FOR ANOTHER ELECTION.  MEXICO, DESERVES BETTER]

Source: Infobae (sp), Reforma (sp), AM (sp)

Re: AMLO

Parro
[FROM AN OPINION WRITER BASED IN MEXICO PUBLISHED YESTERDAY]

Look, I’m no purist.

I believe in redemption. I believe that most “bad” people can get mostly better, become model citizens even. As a rule, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they have absolutely, unequivocally, proven me foolish, which is something that doesn’t happen nearly as often as the pessimists among you might suppose.

But what the hell is going on here? Seeing members of drug cartels openly carrying their illegal weapons as they hand out charity to those in need is just too much to handle. It produces in me a visceral no before my brain has even had a chance to fully reason over it.

Is this where we are now, really? The Mexican government machine is so weak that absolutely nothing can be done about murderous criminals becoming an actual shadow state? Please tell me that narco gangs haven’t been allowed to take over the nation’s role in supporting poor citizens through these difficult times. It feels like a nightmare.

I have a feeling the government would have said, “No, no, thank you, absolutely not!” if they’d been asked their opinion on the matter, but they didn’t get asked about their opinion, as far as I can tell. This, of course, is another problem. If criminal gangs are being charitable with impunity, there’s not much hope of controlling any other aspect of their efforts.

My biggest fear here is that the “What’s the harm? They’re doing good work!” narrative will take over among enough people that it makes it seem like a valid side to take, which it is not.

It feels like a sexually abusive parent trying to insist over and over that when he’s not terrorizing his child, he’s giving it a loving and caring home. It’s just too much, and it fills me with a kind of dread that I’m (thank heaven) not very familiar with.

To be clear, they are not doing “good work.” They are doing manipulative work aimed at getting ordinary and often desperate citizens on their side.

Their actions accomplish several things: first, it gives them legitimacy and respect. If push comes to shove and there’s an attempt to run them out of town, who will come to their defense and insist that their crimes are “no big deal” compared to all the good they’ve done? You guessed it.

What especially worries me is that this isn’t the first time that something like this has happened. Remember that time when the Cartel del Noreste (CDC) played Santa Claus, handing out gifts to children? Then there was the Children’s Day celebration put on by the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG). Or how about the time that the CJNG handed out bags of supplies to stricken residents after Tropical Storm Priscilla?

This is diabolically successful way for them to influence the hearts and minds of young people, who will remember them as yes, perhaps a bit scary, but mostly as men who did the right thing when it was time to do the right thing.

And that’s what I keep coming back to: what on earth must children think? I can’t even imagine the collective sociological trauma and confusion that will come from children growing up and being shown more kindness from their society-wide abusers than their country.

What’s the particular power these groups hold over the government? I’m sure in some part it’s simply their weapons. But to what extent is it a real respect? After all, a very large percentage of police officers are not even certified to be police officers in the first place. I often wonder what kind of training they get for dealing with those in drug cartels. Perhaps none, and I am being unfair.

Might any of the gang members truly be helping from the heart? Sure, it’s possible. Humans hold all kinds of conflicting dualities inside of them, and those working in the criminal organizations are, indeed, human.

But for goodness’ sake, Mexico, beat them to the do-gooding! AMLO: your whole schtick has been to transform society by ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to develop their full potential and the ability to live a dignified life, no matter how “low-skill” one’s job might be.

You’ve been trying hard to accomplish that while at the same time embracing a non-violent approach to gang violence, and this is what we get: government officials and police twiddling their thumbs and whistling while avoiding contact with criminals with automatic weapons getting to show off how good and vital they are to the community. Few things both scandalize and outrage me, but this scandalizes and outrages me.

To the Mexican government: get out there and do something about this! You’re a half a thread from losing complete control of this country. Please.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/opinion/sarah-devries/do-something-amlo-or-lose-control-of-the-country/

Re: AMLO

Parro
[WHY WOULD YOU HIDE REAL NUMBERS AMLO BEHIND CORONAVIRUS? . . SO YOU CAN GET REELECTED?  PROVE YOU ARE IN CONTROL?]

Mexico is severely — and maybe purposely — undercounting its coronavirus deaths
By some estimates, Mexico’s coronavirus cases are 17 times higher than officially reported
.
By Alex Ward@AlexWardVoxalex.ward@vox.com  May 13, 2020, 1:40pm EDT

The coronavirus has killed thousands of people in Mexico. But suspicions swirl that President Andrés Manuel López Obrador’s administration is severely — and perhaps purposely — undercounting Mexico’s Covid-19 deaths.

As of May 13, Mexico reported more than 38,000 infections and nearly 4,000 deaths. Those are by no means small numbers (even if they’re leaps and bounds less than America’s). But the problem, experts say, is that the real totals are likely orders of magnitude higher. How high, though, is anyone’s guess.

“The numbers do not appear to reflect the death toll for certain,” Donna Patterson, an expert on Mexico’s health care system at Delaware State University, told me. “At the federal level, the numbers aren’t being reported accurately.”

Indeed, Mexican mayors, doctors, funeral home directors, and even former officials have said in recent weeks that they have reported death toll numbers only not to see them reflected in official federal government counts.

While the Mexican government itself has effectively acknowledged an undercount — saying it assumes the number of actual coronavirus cases is eight times higher than the numbers it has — its estimate is still far below what other experts contend.

It’s not clear if the case-counting disparity comes from inefficiency, incompetence, or deliberate obfuscation, but it’s a damning state of affairs. Some experts, like Dr. Laurie Ann Ximénez-Fyvie, the molecular genetics lab chief at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), think the undercount might be a deliberate decision by the federal government.

“If Mexico is good at anything, it’s hiding numbers,” she told me.

Recent media investigations, including by the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and Spain’s El País, appear to support those claims. In fact, El País says that Mexico likely has between 620,000 and 730,000 coronavirus cases — about 17 times higher than the official count.

On top of that, Mexico also has one of the lowest testing rates among developed countries, and it doesn’t appear that it’ll increase anytime soon. Combined with the undercount, some experts say, the nation is flying blind as to the extent of its true coronavirus woes.

“The numbers are really not the problem,” Ximénez-Fyvie said. The issue is that “we don’t even know who the sick people are, and we don’t know where they are,” meaning Mexican health officials can’t identify clusters of infection that may overwhelm the nation’s health care system.

It’s also not good news for North America in general. The US has a major crisis of its own, with roughly 1.3 million cases and more than 80,000 deaths as of May 13. Having a southern neighbor with similar issues will only make the disease in both countries — and throughout Central America — harder to quash.

For those and other reasons, experts want Mexico not only to ratchet up its coronavirus response but also to come clean with its statistics. Otherwise, former Mexican Health Minister José Narro Robles tweeted last month, the government will further foment “distrust and uncertainty.”

“We can’t keep up”

It’s important to note that most countries are likely missing (and therefore undercounting) pandemic-caused deaths. But all it takes to realize that Mexico has a bigger problem on its hands is to listen to what local leaders are telling the media.

Jesús Roman, the mayor of Chimalhuacán, a city near the nation’s capital, told Al Jazeera on Sunday that the federal government “counted us as having 24 dead, but we had 87 — more than three times more than that.”

Mayor Maricela Serrano of the central city of Ixtapaluca also told the outlet that “up until [Saturday] night, we had 54 people die of Covid-19. ... And in the daily roundups from the state and federal government, they’ve only registered 16 deaths.”

Those dealing with the bodies have been overwhelmed in recent weeks. “We are working triple what we usually do. We can’t keep up,” José Jardines, a crematorium official near Mexico City, told Al Jazeera. “Before, we cremated one to three bodies a day. Now, it’s up to 15 or 20.” Cremation centers are so overworked that staff sometimes leave bodies at hospitals for an extra day because they don’t have the space.

Even the president’s allies are aware of the problem.

Mexico City’s mayor, Claudia Sheinbaum, suspected the federal government’s data was wrong and had staff call public hospitals in the capital to get their death counts, the New York Times reported. They found that the hospitals’ numbers were about three times higher than the federal government’s. However, she has yet to lambaste President López Obrador because of their close political ties.

Despite what local political and medical leaders say, the federal government isn’t listening. And that’s only likely to make Mexico’s coronavirus recovery efforts much, much harder. “Maybe Mexico will be the textbook case of what happens when the government just did nothing,” UNAM’s Ximénez-Fyvie told me.

The major problems in Mexico’s coronavirus response

To understand how Mexico got into this mess, you need to understand two things: how slowly the government responded, and its current, controversial strategy.

Even as the coronavirus made its way into the country, Mexico’s president — who goes by AMLO — made repeated statements to assure the country that everything was fine.

“Live life as usual,” he said in a video posted to Facebook on March 22, six days after US President Donald Trump first debuted his “15 days to slow the spread” plan. “If you’re able and have the means to do so, continue taking your family out to eat … because that strengthens the economy,” he said in the video, seated outside at a restaurant.

In fact, he proceeded to hold political rallies, kiss supporters, and request that Mexicans go out shopping to keep the nation’s businesses humming. Only 250 cases had been reported by the end of March.

AMLO’s dithering delayed Mexico’s reaction to the growing crisis, and gave thousands of Mexicans a false sense of security. Recent Google mobility reports, which track how often people in a country roam around outside, showed that Mexicans observed social distancing measures less seriously than nations in Europe or even the US.

However, an important caveat is that nearly 60 percent of Mexicans work in the “informal economy” as street chefs, artists, construction workers, and the like. Their livelihoods depend on working outside to sell their goods and services. Without doing so, their ability to purchase food and necessities for themselves and their families becomes near impossible.

Without a major intervention from AMLO and his government, then, a major coronavirus spread was going to be the likely outcome.

The government did, eventually, start to counter the disease in March. But as Ximénez-Fyvie told me, the three phases of Mexico’s initially promising coronavirus strategy quickly faltered.

The government’s “Phase 1” plan, she said, was to test imported cases of coronavirus and track their contacts. That made sense as a start, she said, as the only way the disease was likely to get into the country was from abroad. In her mind, Mexico’s government responded appropriately and well.

But the strategy broke down in “Phase 2.” Using the Sentinel surveillance program at more than 250 labs around Mexico, the government could track local transmissions of Covid-19. This system, which is also used in the US and Canada, allowed health officials to estimate the number of coronavirus cases in the country.

That’s all well and good, but the problem is the government had no idea who, exactly, these people were, if they were symptomatic, or if they were isolating. The only way to do that would be not just to estimate the number of cases, but to confirm them with a widespread testing and tracing program. But since Mexico had (and still has) the lowest testing rate per 1,000 people among developed nations, its ability to figure any of that out was next to impossible.

So the government started to guess what the scope of the outbreak really was. On April 8, Hugo López-Gatell Ramírez, Mexico’s Covid-19 response chief, told CNN he and his team would multiply the total of confirmed, tested coronavirus cases by eight. He said he arrived at that number because the estimates from the Sentinel program were eight times higher than the confirmed infections total.

Such a back-of-the-envelope calculation, experts say, isn’t typical for governments, though all countries must do some educated guesswork during a pandemic. What’s more, Ximénez-Fyvie told me, López-Gatell’s own numbers from March and April show that Sentinel estimates were about 24 to 31 times higher than the tested, confirmed cases.

López-Gatell has yet to amend his government’s estimation plan. In fact, he’s defended the unknown spread in Mexico because he claims it will lead the country toward a herd immunity against the disease faster.

“How many [cases] are there? A lot, a lot. Hundreds of thousands,” he said during a May 7 press conference. “If only it were millions, because that’s what would stop the epidemic: to have a lot of infected people.”

Importantly, however, the science is still not clear if a country can achieve herd immunity from the coronavirus, and any attempts to achieve such a status puts the most vulnerable people in danger.

López-Gatell 7-may: “en la medida en que hay enfermedad, infecciones, contagios […] siempre puede regresar a un país. Excepto que alcancemos un elemento que técnicamente se llama «inmunidad de rebaño».”

The situation is likely to get worse now that Mexico has been in “Phase 3” of its coronavirus plan since late April. The goal is to prevent hospitals from getting overrun with sick patients and no longer emphasize tracking the estimated number of cases through the Sentinel program.

There’s a good reason for this focus: Mexico’s health care system is in poor shape. It has about 1.4 hospital beds per 1,000 people, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, just over 2,000 ventilators in the entire country, and few coronavirus tests.

But on its own, boosting health care would be a major undertaking for Mexico. AMLO has severely cut the health care sector in an effort to control government spending. In 2019, for example, around 10,000 health professionals were laid off due to a 44 percent cut to a public health and welfare agency. That’s led to delays in surgeries for children, reductions in staff, and cancellations of many forms of treatments for patients.

The bigger issue, though, is that prioritizing hospital capacity won’t do anything to stop the spread of infection, which has been poorly tracked and may end up overwhelming medical facilities in the long term.

“It’s like your house was flooded because you left your faucet on, and you decided to solve the problem by grabbing a bucket to scoop the water out. The house will continue to flood until you turn the faucet off,” said Ximénez-Fyvie.

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/13/21255012/coronavirus-covid-19-mexico-death-count-cases

Re: AMLO

Chava
Parro, as an FYI - Mexican Presidents can not be re-elected. They are limited to 1 term.

Re: AMLO

Parro
Chava, I certainly didn't know that.  Why hide the facts then?  Just for your party?  Assumption of control?

Know I'm not supposed to ask a question on a post, but why?

Re: AMLO

You can ask all the questions you want within an existing post or posts.
The problem is don’t START a post as a question.

Re: AMLO

Chava
I must admit that I didn't read all of your above posts, Parro (no offense, only so many hours in the day, lol) --- so not sure where it's hidden? In the articles? Or AMLO being AMLO?

Everyone knows (or should know) that Mexican Presidents are limited to one 6 year term. (speaking of Mexicans)

Similar to the United States where they are limited to 2 - 6 year terms. Or maybe not everyone knows that either.

EDIT: I see you are questions hiding the facts of the virus. There are no real numbers, never will be. People who die at home aren't counted, and who tests the bodies at the funeral homes?

I believe that the U.S. is overstating, IMHO. No more deaths from vaping any longer? No one dying from pneumonia any longer? I'm pretty sure you could fall from a 10th floor window and sneeze on the way down, and be counted as a virus death.

Re: AMLO

deelucky1
Bill sombody 45 thousand to put them in a ventilator ?I say theyre making a killing !all you have to do is doctor the death certificate.whos gonna audit them ??it's encouraged by top officials nobody knows why ??

Re: AMLO

Parro
deelucky, tell me where you know about the $45k payment to the docs.  AMLO stated they were in it only to become rich and backed off, after the mexicanos went off.  Do you have the source or not?  Just trying to understand your opinion.

Re: AMLO

Parro
[AN INTERESTING OPINION PIECE CAME OUT TODAY REGARDING AMLO AND HIS AGENDA DURING HIS PRESIDENCY.  CHAVA HAS INFORMED ME THAT MEXICAN PRESIDENTS ARE LIMITED TO 6 YEAR TERMS.  I KNOW THOSE TERMS WERE CHANGED BY RUSSIA, VENEZUELA, NICARAGUA AND NOW BEGINNING IN BRAZIL.  IF THE DESPOT CAN'T LAST, HIS HAND-PICKED PREDECESSOR WILL STEP IN FOR THE RULING PARTY.  YOU WONDER ABOUT AMLO.  HE IS NOT AS INNOCENT, NAIVE, LOVING AND DECENT AS HE COMES ACROSS.  AT FIRST IT WAS LAUGHABLE, BUT THERE IS A DIFFERENT INTENT OBVIOUSLY]

Source:  https://www.theyucatantimes.com/2020/06/is-amlos-alleged-castro-chavista-plan-progressing-as-planned/

Is AMLO’s alleged Castro-Chavista plan progressing as planned?

In May 2019, Mexican activist Gilberto Lozano, director-general of the “Consejo Nacional de Ciudadanos” or CONACI and currently a member of the Frente Nacional Anti-AMLO – FRENAAA, published a video. He stated that López Obrador and his party MORENA were seeking to establish a new version of a Latin American “Castro-Chavista” socialism in Mexico, by following the Communist Agenda of the Sao Paulo Forum.

FRENAAA is the civil organization that includes more than 2 million Mexicans against the government of Lopez Obrador who sent a letter to Donald Trump, Mike Pompeo and the U.S. Congress.
Morena, López Obrador’s political party, is openly a member of the Sao Paulo Forum, supported by socialist groups and candidates with Marxist overtones who seek to reach popularly elected positions through “liberal” parties. Morena seeks to operate in the style of Salvador Allende in Chile in 1970 or with Hugo Chávez and El Gran Polo Patriótico Simón Bolívar a political coalition created on the eve of the 2012 presidential elections to bring together the political and social forces that supported the re-election of Hugo Chávez Frías as president of Venezuela.

As with Chavez at the time, AMLO’s broad triumph was achieved because he used the banner of the fight against poverty and corruption in Mexico, but we cannot forget something. The world champions in corruption were and are, up to now, the socialist dictatorships. What better examples than Venezuela, Cuba, Brazil, or Nicaragua?

The steps to lead Mexico towards a “Castro-Chavista regime” were obtained from documents dated July 17th, 2018, after the 24th meeting of the Sao Paulo Forum, a Latin American socialist congregation born after the collapse of the Soviet Union in Havana, Cuba. These documents can be read on the FRENAAA website.

The document presented by Gilberto Lozano states the following:

“The political organizations gathered in São Paulo find a great stimulus to reaffirm our socialist, anti-imperialist and popular conceptions and objectives in the emergence and development of vast social, democratic and popular forces in the continent that face the alternatives of imperialism and neoliberal capitalism and their consequences of suffering, misery, backwardness and anti-democratic oppression. This reality confirms the left and socialism as necessary and emerging alternatives”. (SIC)

Below are the stages of the São Paulo Forum to install its agenda in Mexico. Under each point, what the López Obrador government has done so far.

STAGE 1 (2019-2020)

Create a military guard

The National Guard serves as the national police of the United Mexican States, and its function is to provide public security to the Mexican Federation. It was founded on February 28th, 2019. (Done)

Submitting the legislative and judicial branches to a single power

Lopez Obrador attempted a reform of the Judiciary focused on fighting corruption. Eventually, AMLO had to stop his plan to transform the justice system and chose to support a proposal from the president of the Supreme Court of Justice.

In April, López Obrador sent an initiative to modify Article 21 of the Federal Law of Budget and Fiscal Responsibility, to be able to alter the PEF without restrictions, in case of economic emergencies in the country, among many others. (In-process)

Gender equity

López Obrador does not believe in this issue, hence his confrontation with feminist groups.

Demystifying religions.

AMLO has allied himself with various Protestant/Evangelical churches to disseminate the “Moral Constitution” booklet.

Control of the media, propaganda to promote the cult of the leader.

Currently, there are three conferences on the day. Besides, the work of the “first-row journalists” whose job it is to make the president look good, is recognized. Uncorroborated versions mention that they are paid in cash (to leave no trace) by AMLO’s government. AMLO’s government controls thousands of bots in social networks, whose function is the perennial attack on journalists, communicators, and Mexican and international media.

Progressive Agenda
(In-process)

Large symbolic projects that capture the attention of the population
Mayan Train, Dos Bocas, Santa Lucia Airport

Reform of education, indoctrination, and class struggle.

In October 2019, the SNTE endorsed its alliance with AMLO after modifying the secondary laws of the Education Reform. Several videos have been recorded and shown on social networks that demonstrate indoctrination to children. Also, due to the Covid-19 pandemic emergency, the Ministry of Public Education implemented virtual classes for kindergarten, primary and secondary students, which are broadcast on radio, television, and the Internet. In social networks, users published the history class for the 9th grade of secondary school last April 28th, which was about López Obrador’s favorite subject. “Neoliberalism in Mexico”.

Expand the party’s supporters

Apart from clientele projects such as pensions and scholarships, among others, the “committees for the defense of the 4t” are in the process of being set up. Three hundred have already been established, out of the 3,000 projected.

-STAGE 2 Political and mass control (2021-2022)

Social networks and block parties.

So far, it is proven that there are thousands of bots in favor of AMLO and his 4t. Among the most visible is the “Amlove network.” Its members work via android mobile phone with more than 20 fake Twitter accounts and as many on Facebook.

The block parties were interrupted by the pandemic. There are records of several popular kermesses before COVID-19.

Reinforce the fight for the poor under the banner of corruption and neoliberalism.

This point is a constant in practically every “morning conference” of López Obrador. The company SPIN has made specific measurements.

Total control of the Internet

In the portal, lopezobrador.org Andrés Manuel López Obrador assured that in 2022 the government of the Fourth Transformation would have fulfilled its commitment to bring Internet service to all of Mexico.

Paramilitaries who can evade human rights if necessary.

Although the term “paramilitary” is not in everyday use in Mexico, the presence of irregular armies throughout the territory has multiplied in the last 15 years. They are now known to be antagonistic to the government, but there is nothing to suggest that this could not change and that an alliance with the political power exists. These are some of the most powerful: Sinaloa Cartel, Los Zetas, New Generation Jalisco Cartel, La Familia Michoacana, Gulf Cartel, Tijuana Cartel, Los Caballeros Templarios, Juarez Cartel.

Mapping business people so they are marginalized and eventually flee the country.

“The businessmen have confiscated the institutions. They don’t want to stop stealing or lose the privilege of being in charge. They are a rapacious minority. They feel they are the masters of Mexico. López Obrador in May 2018 during the 59th National Week of Radio and Television.
Alfonso Ramírez Cuéllar, president of MORENA, proposed that the INEGI have access to the banking and financial information of the population, to verify the real estate and financial assets of those who have monopolized the wealth of Mexico. The proposal is that the INEGI provides information related to the assets of the inhabitants every two years, but it is also oriented to know the concentration of power of some companies. Also, congressman Pablo Gomez, from Morena, has joined the proposal of his party’s national leader.

More people in the government. Create places for party members, eliminating those from previous governments.

On April 5th, López Obrador made a promise that surprised everyone: “… and this is very important, we are going to create in nine months, 2 million new jobs”. The question remains: where?

A parallel structure to control state governors.

The majority of MORENA in Congress approved the creation of a new figure that will serve as a link between the ministries of state and the state governments: the “superdelegates.” Their function is said to be the coordination and implementation of plans, programs, and actions for integral development, functions of citizen attention, the supervision of services, and programs in charge of the secretariats, agencies, and entities. However, governors and opposition parties have indicated that it violates the federal pact, and this figure was created to be Morena’s electoral operators.

A mechanism to control money through technology.

In June 2020, digital platforms that market products or services, such as Mercado Libre, Amazon, Uber, Netflix eBay, Apple Music, have had to implement new tax provisions. More strategies are known to come in the course of 2020

Bank control.

By January 2020, 1,350 Banco del Bienestar branches were in operation. Lopez Obrador has stated on multiple occasions that there will be 2,700 branches and will be done in 2020. The building will be in charge of military personnel.

What’s next?

STAGE 3 Distribution of Wealth (2023-2024)

Expropriations
Distribution of houses, land, companies to “The Party.”
Punishing the upper classes
Change of Constitution for re-election
Means of production in the hands of the state.
Capital belongs to everyone.

The information that Morena, Partido del Trabajo (Labor Party) and the Party of the Democratic Revolution PRD are part of the Sao Paulo Forum is fully confirmed and verified. The document with the stages on the FRENAAA website is not officially confirmed. However, Gilberto Lozano guarantees the validity of these and has committed to protecting his source.

One thing is certain and alarming. The similarities between the stages presented in the Sao Paolo Forum document and what has been done in the government of Andrés Manuel López Obrador are way too many to think that it could be a mere coincidence.

The Yucatan Times
Editorial Board
Merida, Yucatan
June 15th, 2020

Re: AMLO

Parro
[DEELUCKY, YOU ARE SUCH A SCHOLAR AS ON THIS SITE.  YOU PRESENT A UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE TO THE NEWS, AND ARE VERY KNOWLEDGABLE OF GOING ONS IN MEXCIO.  MUY' GRACIAS ABOUT THE INSIGHT.  NOW BACK TO AMLO, YUCATAN TIMES OBVIOUSLY HAS A THORN UP THERE ASS ABOUT AMLO.  PROCEEDING WITH THE MAYAN TRAIN, AGAINST EVERY ONE'S WISHES IN THE YUCATAN.  LIKE TOWNS, BYPASSED BY THE INTERSTATES, THEY ARE LEFT TO DIE, IF YOU AREN'T ON A CORNER STOP.  TODAY IN WAS THE DISAPPEARANCES IN STATE AND THE PROMISED JOBS THAT ARE LEFT UN-INVESTIGATED, WHILE HE TOUTS THE TRAIN]

VERACRUZ Mexico (Agencies) – With the shout of “AMLO is lying… there is no work or food in Veracruz and Mexico” people held a protest in the city of Xalapa as part of Andrés Manuel López Obrador’s visit to this city.

The demonstrators denounced that the president has ignored the request for food support of tens of thousands of families without income because of the pandemic. They also denounced as false López Obrador’s promises to create new sources of employment.

Samuel Aguirre Ochoa, leader of the movement, stressed that “President López Obrador systematically lies about the seriousness of the pandemic and about the support programs he is allocating to the vulnerable population”. He also described as irresponsible the fact that AMLO is asking Mexicans to return to normalcy as if nothing had happened since millions of people no longer have a job to return to. He also pointed out that the state governor, Cuitláhuac García, is following in the same footsteps as the president and has Veracruz in a total disaster; to such a degree that the population repudiates him for his lack of action on behalf of the population.

Emiliano Zapata

When Andrés Manuel López Obrador was leaving Military Camp 26-a in El Lencero in the municipality of Emiliano Zapata in Veracruz, a group of relatives of missing persons surrounded the president’s car to demand an answer to their cases.

Amid shouts demanding that Obrador gets out of the car to talk to them, the protesters began to reproach him for staying inside the vehicle to avoid attending to them. At first, people started screaming in unison: “Come out of the car” “Speak to us”

But, in the face of the president’s indifferent attitude to their requests, some of the relatives of the disappeared stopped in front of the car to prevent it from moving forward and showed signs with the faces of their loved ones so that the president could see them.

The tension remained for a while until one woman’s voice stood out from the others when she said, “I’m not the Chapo’s mother, that’s why you don’t listen to me! That triggered outrage among the protesters who remembered how the president of Mexico even shook hands with Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman’s mother.

You only attend to Chapo’s mom.

An elderly woman wearing a mask stood in front of the president’s car and, for several minutes, refused to move from the front and held a canvas tightly with several people’s image.

Despite constant requests for her to be careful and to get out of the truck, the woman stood firm, looking straight ahead where the president was.

The particular complaint about El Chapo’s mother originated when last March 30th, the video where President Lopez Obrador greeted Consuelo Loera by hand and assured her that he had received her letter went viral.

Our children, where are they?

According to the latest report by the country’s authorities, 61,637 people are missing, which is 40% higher than that reported in 2018 when Enrique Peña Nieto was still governing in Mexico

[PLEASE WAKE UP PEOPLE OF MEXICO.  THIS ISN'T GOING RIGHT.  AMLO DOESN'T CARE AND ONLY HAS A SELF-SERVING AGENDA.  THE POOR AND COMPROMISED, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS.]

Re: AMLO

Nutcase
Chava, US presidents are only allowed two 4 year terms. Not two 6 year terms.  Dont know if the US could survive 6 more years of Trump.
Seeing is believing

Re: AMLO

Parro

As it has become customary in the year and a half since the government of the self-proclaimed fourth transformation, President Andrés Manuel López Obrador likes to take advantage of his morning press conference to speak long and hard, as well as leisurely, about any topic, more of which he is interested in placing on the public agenda, such as the Huachicol, the presidential plane and recently the BOA, to name just a few.

Of the great problems that plague the country, such as the lack of economic growth, public insecurity and the coronavirus, he prefers to appoint spokesmen. He doesn't like to give or talk about bad news.

In the case of the serious problem of drug trafficking, whose corrupting and fiery power grows every day in our country, there is not even a spokesperson. It is a subject that seems to want to ignore and that it costs a lot to mention by name. He did not touch the bosses and their mafias with the petal of a word at his inauguration. He did not do it even after the “culiacanazo” of last October 17, which his government allowed the armed forces to double before the Sinaloa cartel militias, who subdued them until they released Ovidio Guzmán, son of Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán, who had been captured moments before. Nor when they reproached him for having greeted the mother of this character in Badiraguato, an episode that by the way was claimed by mothers of disappeared people from Veracruz this week. The first and most timid reference to "organized crime" came only last April, when far from its energetic and continuous sentences for the "conservatives", it only warned the bosses that they were distributing groceries, under the pretext of the coronavirus pandemic , that they leave their "slobbering ... that they do not come to think that with an alms they are already forgiven," he told them.

That more than restrained and fearful attitude towards the crimes of the mafias was repeated again yesterday that he referred to another open and cowardly defiance of the drug trafficker to the Mexican State, such as the murder of the federal anti-crime judge in Colima, Uriel Villegas, and of his wife Verónica Barajas, who were killed by assassins in front of their children, aged three and seven, and their domestic worker.

He remained to express his "deep condolences" to the relatives for this "atrocious, condemnable crime", but nothing concrete to the demand of the President of the Judiciary, which he made yesterday from the SCJN, to provide security to honest judges who did not they submit to bribes or threats of crime, beyond going to the commonplace that they will act together to "punish those responsible" and "continue to face crime".

What has been said, this brief rhetoric is useless if it is not accompanied by a clear and decisive policy against drug trafficking that has not existed until today in the 4T government, despite the humiliations that the mafias apply to it more and more frequently with a complete impunity that seems to border on complicity.

jbarrera4r@gmail.com

Source:  https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://www.informador.mx/&prev=search