A good Univison article about my chapo Photo post

A good Univison article about my chapo Photo post

When I posted the "new" photo of Chapo I never dreamed it would go viral as it has.  First Proceso, then RioDoce and on it went.  I posted it first on forum never intending to put it on mainboard, until readers began writing me saying "there is a new chapo photo check it out" then I was a little ticked and posted the mainboard story which went crazy.  I don't know why I never thought it was a big story.  Thanks to the reader who sent it to me.  We have the very best readers who everyday send great information.

Another reader told me bout the Univision article and video which I share with you as they gave some effort into the story.  In the video they consulted drug trafficking author Jota Cardona about the photo and he agrees there are similarities.  In the video they said the DEA is yet to confirm the photo. For some reason I was not able to post the video but you can view it HERE

Here is the Univision article, sorry computer translated but not bad:

'You be the judge'

Borderland Beat The site released a purported image of Joaquin El Chapo Guzman, leader of the Sinaloa cartel. The photograph shows a man with a mustache, dark hair and wearing camouflaged military style.
The Univision Network, Twitter , Excelsior and other media are publishing this alleged photo of Joaquin El Chapo Guzman.

Neither the authorities nor anyone else has talked about the veracity of this photograph.
Borderland Beat, a blog in English, which is dedicated to spreading news about drug trafficking. This site would have been responsible for the alleged photo spread, which would be true if, an rare image of Joaquin El Chapo Guzman.

The image has been widespread for several days, in social networks.

The site Borderland Beat reported that photo received by mail between 9 and 10 March. The newspaper Excelsior and El Siglo de Torreon 's released on March 14.

In paragraph Details About the New Chapo Photo , Chivis Martinez, author of the blog, said he received an email with the image but said it cannot ensure that the photo is real.

The photo appears under the title New Photo Chapo. You be the judge and others added to their readers who were discuss whether the image is real or not.

The site also makes clear that there is no evidence that the image belongs to Joaquin Guzman Loera.
He adds that apparently an image analysis showed no evidence of tampering with programs like Photoshop, and describes the tools used to compare and determine whether the image is real.
Joaquin El Chapo Guzman would 56 years now. I would point this when I was much younger.

Re: chapo Photo

_Jack

Re: chapo Photo

Chivis. You shouldn't be surprised when one of your stories is reprinted or quoted in MSM.  You and the other BB reporters have gained a deserved reputation.

Even Google recognizes BB as an important link.  How Google algorithms work is a closely guarded secret, but basically  a PageRank results from a mathematical algorithm.  Increasingly, when I am doing research, Goggle may give me a million results, but usually a story from BB will be on the first or second page of those million results.

Now if I am researching background on a story, my usual starting point is the search button for BB archives.  Then I got to Google.

AJ

Re: chapo Photo

AJ

Great job Chivis.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: chapo Photo

jack...it is the ongoing mystery if Chivis is a man or woman.  I just let it be...

DD-

Thank you amigo.  I knew we were well known in the English world but I am surprised that we are in the Spanish world.  but our readers in Mexico has become about equal to that of the US with the remainder being the world outside US and Mexico.  We are really gaining in Mexico and I wondered if it was because they place a greater trust in American media or EPN Murky Reporting policy, or both?

I will say that I am getting so much info from people on the ground it has become overwhelming.  Each day dozens of "info" emails come to me, and good info it is difficult to select which to post.  Our readers are interactive and the best!

so what happened in Sabinas?

Re: chapo Photo

thanks joven

Re: chapo Photo

@Chivis.  Yesterday, during the daytime, morning, I think, there was supposed to have been a shoot out in front of the CFE office in el centro here in Sabinas.  That is just one block away from the plaza and the Municipal Palacio.   I still haven't been able to get more info.  Nothing on the news.

I am going to turn my loose in a minute on the computer and the telephone and see if she can find out anything.  The chisme (gossip) network is alive and well in Sabinas.

There have low flying helicopters circling my neighborhood for the last hour or so and a small convoy of military just passed my house as I was writing this.  7 or 8 trucks with the 50 cal. mounted on top and 5 or 6 soldiers in each truck.

They are looking for something.  Hope it's not me.
AJ

Re: chapo Photo

AJ
Thank You Chivis.

For everything that you do and everything that you are.

CHIVIS FOREVER

CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: chapo Photo

aww AJ...I needed that.  We got back a long way, and it seems even longer than it actually is.
we were here almost at the beginning, I think you were here first.  And Brito and ernest.  I miss Ernest, can you believe that?  jajajaja  a friend once told me, if you were hit over the head with a hammer once each day, and it stopped....you would miss it.

Re: chapo Photo

I don't think you have to worry DD.  But when I first heard of Sabinas long ago everyone said how quiet and safe it is, but this year I am seeing the Sabinas name connected to not so nice stuff.  And Lazca put the name on the Narco Map.  Stay safe...Oh and I finally got that little thing today so I will send the package out tomorrow!  and either my office will call or email you.

AJ

Re: chapo Photo

AJ

if you were hit over the head with a hammer once each day, and it stopped....you would miss it.

Ja ja ja. Those were the days.
CHIVIS FOREVER
SRG

Re: chapo Photo

SRG
You guys should checkout VxT one of the post says word on the street is that Chapo Isidro for the mochomera is in town.. Strange..

Re: chapo Photo

_Jack

Re: chapo Photo

Pinchegringo
It's people like you that will make this site thrive.  I only stumbled upon this site when I joined a few years back, but glad I did.

Keep up the great work!

Re: chapo Photo

Havana
And people like you, PincheG, AJ, DD, Siskiyoukid, ACI, J, many more and of course Chivis

Re: chapo Photo

thanks pinche!!

AJ

Re: chapo Photo

AJ

Not to mention, much props to Havana 'Pura'
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: chapo Photo

guess I should have said and don't forget everyone on forum!  and Also my many sources I gathered on mainboard.  Honestly about a third of my posts are from mainboarders on the ground.  It has become overwhelming that I have passed some off to other reporters because too much!! I think it was Thursday I had sources sending info, and photos from:
coa (all over)
zac
tamps
Jalisco
dgo
Quintana roo
amazing but wonderful....we can't do it alone and report from every region we need info from the ground.  it is especially necessary now because of EPNs stance of murky reporting.

Re: chapo Photo

jajajaja  "and of course chivis"  I really don't post that much on forum

Re: A good Univison article about my chapo Photo post

Bjeff
Congratulations, you do an amazing job, Chivis, but be careful now. Living in Mexico and being on the radar might not be a good thing.