A Dozen in Tijuana

Parro
[HOW WOULD YOU FEEL, IF A FAMILY MEMBER JUST DISAPPEARED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH.  IT'S NOT THE SUDDEN TRAGIC INCIDENT, OR PROLONGED CANCER TREATMENT.  IT IS A FEAR EMBEDDED IN HOPE.  YOU SEEK THE CONCLUSION, AND WHEN YOU FINALLY FIND IT, YOU HAVE THE PROLONGED SUDDEN EVENT YOU SOUGHT TO AVOID, AT ONE TIME]

12 bodies found in clandestine grave in Tijuana

The last three bodies were found when activists and staff from the State Attorney General's Office were about to leave after a week of work.

SAID BETANZOS

Tijuana / 07.10.2020 22:08:19

Collectives dedicated to searching for missing persons found 12 bodies in a clandestine grave on the banks of the Valle de Las Palmas subdivision, located on the border between the municipalities of Tijuana and Tecate.

The last three bodies were found this afternoon, when activists and staff from the State Attorney General's Office were about to leave after a week of work.

"Here we can consider it as a cemetery, a clandestine cemetery," said Fernando Ortigoza, president of the Association United for the Disappeared of Baja California.

For the group "Todos Somos Atolano Riverside", he recalled, they knew that in that rubble-filled property, a few months ago they found three bodies.

"And we still have to give more down, because to bring us indications that more are down" other bodies, exposed Friday afternoon.

By then, nine bodies had been unearthed. A lady helped them and it turned out that one was a subfamily.

She already identified her, she is her son. She lived here in San Pedro ”, Ortigiza lamented.

"As a parent, it makes me very sad because I don't want to locate my son like that," said Eddy Carrillo, who has been searching for his son Érick for 13 months, who disappeared after going to a bar in Tijuana.

Members of nine groups joined together for this new search that began on Monday.

"I felt that we were going to find here and I told them here is this side, it is where there are bodies and we do indeed find", recalled María, a member of the Todos Somos Atolano Collective
.
"The bodies that have been found from Monday to this day, as we have hope that they will be identified by the Expert Services by the DNA profile," said Juan Manuel León, FGE People Search Commissioner.
From March to June this year, 80 people have disappeared in Tijuana, according to these groups.

Bgpa

Re: A Dozen in Tijuana

They are still finding bodies from the Teo/Inge/Pozolero days.