A CHANGE IN CARTEL DYNAMICS: Stratfor Security Update for MEXICO

Re: A CHANGE IN CARTEL DYNAMICS: Stratfor Security Update for MEXICO

stratfor has people on the ground, the same as everyother serious media source.  most hang in DF but stratfor goes all over and global, that is what they do, they are not a news source they are intelligence firm.  But i too see things i say "no way" to.  The annual report posted on mainbaord has info of all areas in mexico a recap.

but in your comment if you disagree just say it, say what you dissagree with and that may start a good debate, you see?  Not just slam the person who posted it, i could not tell what you were complaining about specfically/substantive

why don't you write a post on durango from the info you got from people on the ground.  I have done that, that is very valuable, trust your sources, and write a paragraph or two and post it.  I for one would like that because I have not been able to find much at all

Re: A CHANGE IN CARTEL DYNAMICS: Stratfor Security Update for MEXICO

DURANGO1
i didnt know you payed for it mi faux pau lol. Well Buela, since you seem to know a lot why would you pay for something your organization does. I know i wouldnt pay for something i know. I will try and skip the stratfor its just the same info, i guess im just taking the posts and saying why are they all saying the same info at the end with the general breakdown of the war, im like ive been reading your writings for a year i already knew that.   i guess i was biased as a long time reader and didnt realize. I did pore over the map that you mentioned. And durango is not complete controlled by the sinaloa cartel there are many areas where the original cartel is still the main player. I guess i dislike that they make Sinaloa seem allmighty and good. They are not they are as filthy as the Z's and the rest.

Re: A CHANGE IN CARTEL DYNAMICS: Stratfor Security Update for MEXICO

AllseeingI
Why is my name in your mouth?

Re: A CHANGE IN CARTEL DYNAMICS: Stratfor Security Update for MEXICO

buggs
The bottom line, is that the more information we put out, the better, some is right on, some is so, so and some is way off. If you try to sort it out, you can go crazy, it is so fluid, it changes at the drop of a dime. But who really knows, really?

I don't know if you guys recall a while back I got an email from a source on the ground about the capture of Tony Tormenta (Mexican government source?) and I was assured he would be presented in Mexico city in the morning. I posted the story, I took a gamble but it never happened, but, for some of you BB loyalist, you know that something did happened. I got shit for posting a story, without waiting for the major media sources to confirm.

It turns out he did perhaps get captured in the first confrontation, but he either was released or managed to escape with help from his people.

I can tell you for sure that the BB readers are some of the best informed people when it comes to Mexican drug cartel, that is what makes BB top notch is the readers who contribute in the comments by far, hard to argue that point that is for sure.

But you know all is good!
Borderland Beat

Re: A CHANGE IN CARTEL DYNAMICS: Stratfor Security Update for MEXICO

I remember that post of yours, I thought it brave because you know you will catch shit if it doesn't pan out.  Me and the Durango graves same darn thing, I was torn and sat on it, I mean this was my housekeepers cousin.  But she was right I should have posted it with a disclaimer.

Mexcio is so fluid that anything can happen at anytime anywhere, who would have thought Mty would gone down as it has and so rapidly?

Bottom line is if we readers have issue with substance that is fair game, state it and say why, thats what I love about forum, debate in real time WOW things can get so interesting and informative.  But cut the cheap shots, the personal wisecracks, not nice and man it is a lot of work.  For every post you throw up  one has looked at dozens, then confirmations,reseach data to tie in,  finding good pics etc.  Lots of work Jeffe, but I do it for the same reason you do, and I am yet to find a blog like BB..unique, and needed.

Paz

Re: A CHANGE IN CARTEL DYNAMICS: Stratfor Security Update for MEXICO

from the air again I have no clue what you are speaking of..and really don't care to know anything personal.    Listen I am done.  stay off my posts they bother you too much, create your own, wait then again  I have seen your amazing post.  "US just listed 5 new states for citizens to stay away from. Shit has been popping off in Tepic for some time. I wonder why they too so long? "   detailed and informative.  and wrong.

no more of this...people deserve better, a little tit for tat is fine, but really don't you think we should use the forum for the wonderful tool it is?  Truce...

Re: A CHANGE IN CARTEL DYNAMICS: Stratfor Security Update for MEXICO

DURANGO1
I guess we shall take everything with a grain of salt on the unconfirmed. I do to remember that tormenta story, didnt he escape and then they shot him up? everything changes so quickly i remember DGO a certain municipality were boasting a certain so and so got elected and it was going to be so easy, low and behold he turned lol. Ive been working on a little Santiago/Tepehuanes/Oro piece on events that have happened and are current. Sadly your own family doesnt talk to you out of fear of conversations being tapped. And im not talking about people in narcotics im talking average joe. Buela have you ever had the chance to go to Durango? That place will always be my home. Ill send the post and send it to the forum mail. Give me a couple days my grass doesnt cut it self.  im just going to ignore all cing one jajaja

Re: A CHANGE IN CARTEL DYNAMICS: Stratfor Security Update for MEXICO

Hey Durango...how long ago did you leave Durango?  I am serious about you posting stuff from there, often the folks on the ground get it right and first, one just has to be sure of the source, if they are trusting.  Even when I get word from the ground I still am reluctant to share unless I can get a verification, or I simply say that it was word from the ground and has not been confirmed.

What are people saying?  have you heard where additional narcofosas may be?

Re: A CHANGE IN CARTEL DYNAMICS: Stratfor Security Update for MEXICO

DURANGO1
Well i've been in the U.S. basically all my life but i was there as recently as last year. I still have family and so on over there. I will post just got to change the names or just refer to general titles of what happened. About narcofosas im not sure there would be any in the Tepehuanes/Santiago region, theyre they just kill you and drop you. funny thing years ago the levantones were done in Santiago and never heard off from again i wonder if they would actually transport them to DGO capital. If anything rumor has it that the cartel from Sant. will take people up towards otaez and make them work in fields or just plain torture them. I think the brutality in that region is worse, did you hear about the funeral procession that was torched? Also how they wont let funeral be in certain places as a sign of disrespect. A little bird once told me that maybe 25% or more of the businesses were fronts for money laundering and such. Also DGO capital is a hot bed a couple of years ago i stood at a renowned motel and boy was i scared all night by the activity, and im used to seeing plenty of it. My sources do seem to be credible a lot of stuff i was told did happen...and some like others just dont pan out.

Re: A CHANGE IN CARTEL DYNAMICS: Stratfor Security Update for MEXICO

I find that when we use credible sources...people we trust to give us the truth, then the stories are amazing and insightful with the details that only first person accounts can bring.  anyway I think it would be good, I have some sources in Durango but none that are family.  of course change names I always do unless it is a public figure.  and always disclaim the source as being credible but is  a friend, or family member..

.i want to hear more about Durango, it has been so frustrating.  I asked Amada my housekeeper to call her cousin, she called her on skype and the cousin is now petrified that Amada told me about her call on the 15th.  Jeeze..I did not mean to scare her.  Family members are more open.  My family ismostly  in Sonora (Nogales, San Luis, Hermosillo, Guaymas, San Carlos)  Jalisco, & DF.

MEMO: MEXICO & US MEETING 4-29-11 (MERIDA GROUP)

The Merida Initiative High-Level Consultative Group, led by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and .Mexican Foreign Affairs Secretary Patricia Espinosa, held its third meeting April 29, according to a statement issued by the U.S. and Mexican governments.

1.  The meeting focused on four areas of cooperation previously highlighted by U.S. President Barack Obama and Mexican President Felipe Calderon:

2.   weakening criminal organizations’ capabilities,

3.   strengthening public institutions to fight organized crime,

4.  developing a secure border that allows efficient legitimate travel and commerce while disrupting the   flow of illicit goods, and addressing the root causes of violence in both countries