84,825 kg of marijuana crop destroyed by Feds in Sonora

84,825 kg of marijuana crop destroyed by Feds in Sonora

stevectpa
Over 93 tons....?  That would be about 10.56 oz per plant based on the numbers below or 2.1 plants per square foot, if that is even possible.

https://www.riviera-maya-news.com/two-large-marijuana-crops-destroyed-by-sonora-feds/2019.html

BY RIVIERA MAYA NEWS ON MARCH 5, 2019

Álamos, Sonora — A large plot of land found cultivating marijuana has been destroyed by la División de Seguridad Regional of the Policía Federal in the state of Sonora.

Federal police report finding the 12,600 square-meter plot of land in the municipality of Álamos, Sonora. On site, the Regional Security Division of the Federal Police located and destroyed 84,825 kilograms of marijuana after carrying out tactical operations to locate illicit crops in the state.

Police say that field research work in combination with flyovers helped them located the two illegal crops where a drug operation was deployed by land. Once accessed, federal officers carried out the destruction and incineration of around 282,750 marijuana plants.

Re: 84,825 kg of marijuana crop destroyed by Feds in Sonora

Mica
Just goes to show that legalizing marijuana did not slow down illegal production. I wonder how things will change when Mexico completes the legalization process.  Mexico does not have sales tax (correct me if I am wrong) so the sales pitch to use tax dollars to help XYZ is not honest.
MX

Re: 84,825 kg of marijuana crop destroyed by Feds in Sonora

MX
Mexico does have a sales tax. It is called Impuesto al Valor Agregado (known by its Spanish acronym IVA). It is technically a value-added tax. Every transaction you do in the formal sector will include this tax. Unlike the U.S., it is customary in Mexico to include taxes in price tags. No one likes to go up to the store counter to buy something and realize the price they saw earlier isn't the same.

Re: 84,825 kg of marijuana crop destroyed by Feds in Sonora

Mica
Thanks for the clarification MX.