7/30/11 Update..2 US AMONG 17 PRISON DEAD-Pics of Julians car after attack. FED POLICE LEAVING JUAREZ...VIDEOS

7/30/11 Update..2 US AMONG 17 PRISON DEAD-Pics of Julians car after attack. FED POLICE LEAVING JUAREZ...VIDEOS

7/30/11 addendum...For what it's worth..

City spokesman Manuel del Castillo Escalante said the riot began on early Monday evening when a group of prisoners broke into another area of the prison and assaulted thirteen of their rival inmates.
 Prison guards who responded to the fight were then also attacked. "The rebellious inmates managed to disarm the guards and take over the weapons that are used by the police," the spokesman said, adding that it was followed by a six hour shoot-out.

 A statement from authorities informed that the confrontation between the inmates and police resulted in 17 prisoners being killed, including one female, and 20 others were injured. Order at the prison was restored at around 2 a.m. local time.

 Attorney General Jorge González Nicolás said the prisoners involved in the riot were attempting to escape, but other officials denied those reports. "In fact it was a group of about 25 to 30 inmates who planned a massive escape but they were repelled," the Attorney Official said.

 Reports said around 40 prison guards were transferred to the Attorney General's office on Tuesday morning to give statements about the violent confrontation.

The Norte website reported that some prisoners were possibly disguised as security guards and were  armed in an expected escape attempt.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Names of 16/17 Dead released as below:

Abraham Galindo, 49. Homicide.
Roberto Jiménez Lara, 32. Kidnapping.
Luis Adrian Estrada Pérez, 28. Kidnapping.
Juan José Orozco Linares, 38. Extortion.
Ana Cristina Andrade Gallegos, 23. Extortion and robbery.
Nicolás Frías Salas, 35. Homicide.
Jesús Manuel Martínez Ortiz, 29. Robbery.
Daniel Osvaldo Salas Valdez, 30. Auto theft.
David Hernández Hernández, 28. Robbery.
Luis Manuel Guerrero Alvarado, 40. Robbery.
Venancio Javier Flores Peréz, 26. Robbery.
José Alberto Vázquez, 21. Robbery.
Jesús Daniel Simental Heredia, 18. Robbery.
Miguel Alejandro Rodelo, 22. Robbery.
Jesús Manuel Hernández Nájera, 20. Robbery.
Juan José Rodríguez Sánchez, 27. Robbery.

- - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Two U.S. citizens were killed during a prison fight that left 17 inmates dead and many others wounded in a municipal prison in Ciudad Juarez, across the border from El Paso, Texas.

Hector Conde, spokesman for the Cereso municipal prison, identified the dead U.S citizens as Nicolas Frias Salas, 35, a former Los Angeles resident who was in prison for homicide and unlawful possession of weapons and Luis Adrian Estrada Perez, 28, formerly of El Paso, who was serving a term for kidnapping.

Both were living in Juarez when they were sent to prison, Conde said.

Mexican authorities told the U.S. consulate in Juarez about the deaths, but it couldn't confirm the men were U.S. citizens until relatives identified the corpses, consulate spokeswoman Olga Bashbush said. The consulate has located one man's family so far and expects to release his name in the coming days, she said.

Read more:  http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/28/2335627/mexico-2-us-citizens-killed-in.html

 slide show of the armor car that saved Julian...AFN reported that when Leyazola was able to leave his vehicle he asked why he was shot at and the fed police laughed.  reports say 10-20  police fired on the car.  Also on this link video of the conference.  scroll down for the vehicle photos I have posted 2 of them, one at bottom...

http://www.afntijuana.info/seguridad/2525_federales_atentaron_contra_la_vida_de_leyzaola

VIDEO OF PRISON:
http://newsblogged.com/video-cereso-prison-fight-shooting-ciudad-juarez-mexico-17-dead

Mexican authorities have released footage from one of the security cameras inside the Cereso prison in Juarez that shows part of what happened Monday night when 17 people were killed. The video shows two men talking to prison security officers, who gave them a key to one of the locked rooms where several inmates were being detained.

As the masked and armed men unlocked the door to the inmates' room, the security guards can be seen leaving the area. As soon as the guards leave, several other armed and masked men enter the area, open the door to the room and begin shooting. The masked men can be seen reloading, before leaving through a side door.

Mexico's federal police will begin pulling out of Ciudad Juarez in September, the embattled border city's mayor said Tuesday.

The announcement comes after an assessment by the federal police that the city's security situation is under control, Mayor Hector Murguia said. Federal police have determined that local police are in a position to inherit full control of security, he said.

"We have made important advances in the coordination between levels of government and we continue advancing in public safety matters," he said.

Hours after the mayor's proclamation, the city's police chief made his own announcement, accusing more than a dozen federal police of opening fire on his vehicle during a prison riot the night before.

READ MORE:
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americas/07/26/mexico.violence/

From the San Diego Tribune Julian says Fed shot at him:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/26/former-tijuana-top-cop-says-federal-police-fired-a/

Federal Police once again "confused" as the convoy of chief  of Security Ministry Julian Leyzaola arrived at the scene of the killings only to be greeted by gunfire by the federal units.  Seems there is  always an element of confusion that results in these attacks involving innocent civilians and officials.  The municipal government announced they will file a complaint against the officials of the Federal Police who conducted the attack against Leyzaola and his team.

Picture at right is of family members of victims..

A spokesman for the city's authorities said that one group of inmates attacked rivals from another drug gang on Monday night.

He said they used weapons they had seized from prison guards.

The spokesman denied press reports that the prisoners had attempted to break out of the jail.

It took security forces several hours to regain control.

Anxious relatives have been gathering outside the jail, known locally as the "Cereso", a shortened form of its full Spanish name - the Social Rehabilitation Center for Adults.

At least one woman was amongst those killed. The prison holds about 2,500 inmates.

 Relatives of immates gathered outside the jail on Tuesday
Ciudad Juarez, which borders the United States, is one of the world's most violent cities.

The BBC's correspondent in Mexico, Julian Miglierini, says the city accounts for some 20% of the total number of deaths caused by the country's drug conflict.

"Clashes between rival gangs who fight over the local drug business and trafficking routes into the US are a frequent occurrence in the streets of Juarez," he says.

"The violence is often replicated behind prison doors" Juarez Scene Of Prison Killings

Re: FEDERAL POLICE PULLING OUT OF JUAREZ...ANNOUNCEMENT MADE HRS BEFORE FEDS SHOT AT CHIEF LEYZAOLA

COINCIDENCE?  You be the judge

Re: FEDERAL POLICE PULLING OUT OF JUAREZ...announcement hrs/before feds shoot at Leyzaola

I agree chivo.  and now that there is a time limit his life is even more in danger between now and September.

your post on the prison activities is not realy news, it exists in the prisons of Mexico.  Remember what was happeneding in Torreon?  The assassins were allowed "out" at night to "go to work"? I think that was one of the most appalling things I have heard of in the prisons.  The other things are maddening, but it is what exists in the prisons, not right, but far from unique.

I posted the VIP cells and conditions a week or so ago, check it out a slide show from EL Universal.
remember how Chapo lived?  while in prison?  having lavish parties, private chefs, women etc.  but I wanted to make something clear he did not walk out of prison, we was "carted" out in the laundry.

Re: Pics of Julians car after attack. FEDERAL POLICE PULLING OUT OF JUAREZ... feds shoot at Leyzaola-17 dead-video

The attack on "Juli" was so intentional and blatant.  The feds shot the hell out of the car, how could they not know it was the chief arriving?  I just posted pics of his car and conference videos.

Prior I posted the so called "Prison Fight Video" but though interesting it is in the hall way of the actual fight/shootings" ...strange incident on so many aspects....B

Re: Pics of Julians car after attack. FEDERAL POLICE PULLING OUT OF JUAREZ... feds shoot at Leyzaola-17 dead-video

DURANGO1
Looks like the cell guard put up no resistance and only ran. Who attacked who  i havent figured it out. But that is one nasty lil clip can you imagine the carnage of the people on the inside? Been awfully quiet who ever got attacked hasnt responded but surely will. How the guns get in the prison?

Julian is a brave man that should be in charge of more than the juarez police force, he is not corrupt that we know of and is not afraid. That is just plain mind boggling that feds shoot at his car and just laugh, they should be hanged for that but alas it is mexico where the good guy gets attacked and the bad guy walks away without a slap on the wrist.

Re: Pics of Julians car after attack. FEDERAL POLICE PULLING OUT OF JUAREZ... feds shoot at Leyzaola-17 dead-video

All the reports say the guards were in on it, but sure doesn't look that way in the footage, did you see the first guy?  all cool strolling to the door then POOF...puff rice out of a cannon he ran so fast.  jeje

The feds shooting at Julian really made me think that perhaps he is a dead man after all, how can he survive with everyone after him?  He is a good guy, a brave hero.

Re: Re:2 US AMONG PRISON DEAD- Pics of Julians car after attack. FED POLICE PULLING OUT OF JUAREZ... feds shoot at Leyzaola-

El Regio
Too bad too sad! lol  Ni modo Buela they got what was coming to them, rather than be good law abiding citizens they chose that lifestyle.

Re:Federal Police ARE pulling out/Juarez... 2 US AMONG 17 PRISON DEAD-Pics of Julians car after attack. ..VIDEOS

Mx gov is saying there will be no pull out...but as always it is double talk.

The SSP (public defense) already officially stated there will be the pull out.  The double talk is that they are leaving a "command post" ...much like we leave behind after war.  The way things are I am thinking that would be better so Julian will have complete control to implement his plan of action.

only 1500 command unit will stay, and those will leave March 2012

thats a pull out folks.

from insight:

http://insightcrime.org/insight-latest-news/item/1304-as-federal-forces-withdraw-juarez-police-must-hold-their-own

Re: 2 US AMONG 17 PRISON DEAD-Pics of Julians car after attack. FED POLICE LEAVING JUAREZ...VIDEOS

MANO
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: Pics of Julians car after attack. FEDERAL POLICE PULLING OUT OF JUAREZ... feds shoot at Leyzaola-17 dead-video

†.©ĤİVǾ.†

Re: 2 US AMONG 17 PRISON DEAD-Pics of Julians car after attack. FED POLICE LEAVING JUAREZ...VIDEOS

Mano…
About the planned break..  is that something that was told to you or is it in a media source?  If so could you share the link, I will translate for ELS, that is very interesting.  There were a number of prisoners trying to escape through the tunnels but were apprehended, they in fact had weapons.

The shooters belonged to Aztecas, and the victims were Mexicles I have no knowledge if the dead were ALL Mexicles.  IMO the guards looked like they were running for their life, the first guy tried to be so cool about it.

For those who do not know; Aztecas work for Juarez Cartel and Mexicles for Sinaloa.  In the spring of 2009 Aztecas killed 20 in a Juarez State Prison, though I can’t recall if the Aztecas were also inmates. And last year the prison killings in Torreon and Durango with I remember exceeded or equaled these numbers.

I have heard additional information about the  supposed    “orgy” that preceeded the killings.  It turned out to be a regular party, as I mentioned in my comment it is nothing new, power and or money allows anything in prison.   At this party there were no prostitutes but 4 teen girls friends of the inmates and one was the girlfriend with a young prisoner and stayed the night with him, also common practice.  If you want a description of what occurs read THE LAST NARCO, which describes the nice party life Chapo enjoyed while in prison.

Re: Pics of Julians car after attack. FEDERAL POLICE PULLING OUT OF JUAREZ... feds shoot at Leyzaola-17 dead-video

Chivo...

I don't think it was a show at all, which does not mean they were not in on it, remember;

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES..

Re: 2 US AMONG 17 PRISON DEAD-Pics of Julians car after attack. FED POLICE LEAVING JUAREZ...VIDEOS

ArmChairIntellect
Who was the main target?

Re: 2 US AMONG 17 PRISON DEAD-Pics of Julians car after attack. FED POLICE LEAVING JUAREZ...VIDEOS

MANO
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: 2 US AMONG 17 PRISON DEAD-Pics of Julians car after attack. FED POLICE LEAVING JUAREZ...VIDEOS

ArmChairIntellect
Thanks bud, would you happen to know Nico's story?

Re: 7/30/11 Update..2 US AMONG 17 PRISON DEAD-Pics of Julians car after attack. FED POLICE LEAVING JUAREZ...VIDEOS

I just posted the list of dead..16 of the 17 and I tried but came up short trying to asertain if any of the 20 injured had died.

If in fact "Nico" was the target, there is but one on the list of dead, one of the two Americans, I believe he is the one from SoCal.

Re: Pics of Julians car after attack. FEDERAL POLICE PULLING OUT OF JUAREZ... feds shoot at Leyzaola-17 dead-video

katattx
Buela, I just read that the Feds shot at Julian's vehicle because he failed to stop at a checkpoint. His vehicle is armored, otherwise he wouldnt be here to tell about it. Which makes me wonder, if a DTO tried to send in reinforcements, in an armored vehicle, would they have made it inside the perimeter? It doesn't seem like the Feds have much firepower. If Julian's vehicle was instead really filled with thugs, would the Feds have had a chance at stopping them? Doesnt look like it. I agree with you, Leyzaola seems like a good guy, and Im more convinced since the Feds seem to want to take him out, and are forced to concoct outrageous stories to cover their rears. Really scary stuff!

Re: Pics of Julians car after attack. FEDERAL POLICE PULLING OUT OF JUAREZ... feds shoot at Leyzaola-17 dead-video

The feds claimed that to be so the day following the incident.  Julian's "team"claims it is not so, further stating they were laughed at when Julian attempted to discover why he was shot at.  He is a pretty straight up guy, my money is on his word, not the feds. So I absolutely agree with you.

As for the armor vehicle and DTOs; sure they could, but the element of surprise would be over and it would have to be a ballet carefully executed with men in the inside.  That is interesting to think of because it would be an effective way to get large weapons inside for a huge attack.  The stakes would have to be high to invest that much money etc, for someone big not a handful of punks.  I am just speculating of course.

The entire thing of Mx is scary beyond belief.  I began a post I wanted to call "A Week of Death In Mexico-A pictorial" and simply post all the death pics of one complete week.  I was so upset and sicken when I compiled the pics I abandoned the post.  It is shocking what humans are doing to humans in Mx, when dead is not good enough.

Cat

Re: Pics of Julians car after attack. FEDERAL POLICE PULLING OUT OF JUAREZ... feds shoot at Leyzaola-17 dead-video

Cat
Buela Chivis wrote
DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES..
It is so dark, saying that - but it is true. I don't see people from CSI swarming around every murder scene, magically solving each case from a speck of dust in the victim's left nostril...

I'm sure there are secret workshops all around, teaching new members new ways how to dispose of bodies.