68 days,18 countries involved and 14,800 lbs. of cocaine and Oh a trapped sea turtle in the bundles

68 days,18 countries involved and 14,800 lbs. of cocaine and Oh a trapped sea turtle in the bundles

Sea turtle found trapped in cocaine bundles worth $53m

The Telegraph

By Mark Molloy, video source US Coast Guard via Storyful

7 hrs ago
  
A sea turtle trapped among floating cocaine bales worth $53m USD has been rescued by the US Coast Guard.

The boat crew discovered the large loggerhead turtle entangled in blue rope connecting bales containing 800 kilos (1,800lb) of the Class A drug in the Pacific Ocean on November 19.

Coast Guard Ens. Mark Krebs and his team noticed the injured sea turtle after launching a small boat to investigate a debris field.

“They saw significant chaffing from the lines on his neck and flippers,” said the US Coast Guard.

“They briefed the commanding officer and went to work, carefully cutting the lines wrapped around the sea turtle and then eventually freeing him.

“The boat crew recovered over 75-feet of line to prevent further entanglement of sea life and returned to the law enforcement mission recovering over 1,800 pounds of cocaine valued at over $53 million dollars from international waters.”

The struggling marine reptile was rescued during a 68-day counter drug patrol by the US Armed Forces branch in the Eastern Pacific along the Central American coast.

By the end of the operation, the crew had seized a total of 6,755 kilos (14,800lb) of cocaine, 14 pounds of marijuana and arrested 24 suspected smugglers.

The seizure was part of Operation Martillo, an international operation involving 18 countries targeting criminal organisations moving illicit cargo.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/sea-turtle-found-trapped-in-cocaine-bundles-worth-dollar53m/ar-BBH5B6m?li=AAggFp5&ocid=iehp

Re: 68 days,18 countries involved and 14,800 lbs. of cocaine and Oh a trapped sea turtle in the bundles

Kye0001

Re: 68 days,18 countries involved and 14,800 lbs. of cocaine and Oh a trapped sea turtle in the bundles

Siskiyou_Kid
No offense Kye0001, but WorldNewsDailyReport is a spoof news site.

Their other headlines at the bottom of the page are:

Japanese Whaling Crew Eaten Alive By Killer Whales, 16 dead

Missouri Pig Brothel Dismantled During FBI Raid

Russia: Janitor arrested after sexual assault on dead body of Lenin

Taco Bell employee accused of stealing and eating $25,000 of tacos

Re: 68 days,18 countries involved and 14,800 lbs. of cocaine and Oh a trapped sea turtle in the bundles

Hahaha,entertaining reading those headlines Kid,even better than a gossip mag.I only read the whale story.I was wondering about that whale,what would they put a tracker on it and when it hopefully hits the border they would have a whaling ship handy for slaughter?Boy would that catch coastguard's attention really fast or hopefully a narco diver would rescue the poop when the whale is ready to 'expell' or hope it's a 'floaty' and they are already past TJ.Haha.No offence also KYE0001 but doesn't seem to be a reputable source.

Re: 68 days,18 countries involved and 14,800 lbs. of cocaine and Oh a trapped sea turtle in the bundles

Siskiyou_Kid
Yeah, I showed my daughter this site and she says they'll use it instead of The Onion for fake news in the school newspaper she edits for her leadership class in high school. She says The Onion has become kind of stale and boring compared to these stories.

Trump is very popular in our low-income working class town, and she angered some people when she published an article announcing "Trump resigns, he's already licked all of the walls" [in the White House].

It was in the other papers too, I just couldn't find them when I was looking.  It maybe was fake news, sorry...but on the flip side if it is fake, it shows what kind of news we get regarding mexico when there's so much real news they could be reporting.  Sorry if it was incorrect x

Hey, no problem. The whale story actually sounded legit at first, but the others are funny.

Re: 68 days,18 countries involved and 14,800 lbs. of cocaine and Oh a trapped sea turtle in the bundles

Kye0001
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J3J3QwfxgDg

Just seen this please would you be able to look on Mexican news feeds to see if it was fake news?  I don't know enough genuine news sources yet.

Re: 68 days,18 countries involved and 14,800 lbs. of cocaine and Oh a trapped sea turtle in the bundles

Chava
Published on Sep 14, 2015

Re: 68 days,18 countries involved and 14,800 lbs. of cocaine and Oh a trapped sea turtle in the bundles

Kye0001
Yes that's the one I've seen before.  I can't see that they forced the whale to eat it, it probably swallowed floating parcels if its true.

Re: 68 days,18 countries involved and 14,800 lbs. of cocaine and Oh a trapped sea turtle in the bundles

The photo in that video and on the other story is from a whale that died in South Africa in 2012 [nothing to do with cocaine].

Yes, it's fake news.

Re: 68 days,18 countries involved and 14,800 lbs. of cocaine and Oh a trapped sea turtle in the bundles

Kye0001
Thanks, I'm pleased.

Re: 68 days,18 countries involved and 14,800 lbs. of cocaine and Oh a trapped sea turtle in the bundles

There is a short video of the numerous bales all tied together it appears and floats along with the entangled turtle.I wonder if the Coast Guard waited and observed who picked up those bales before nabbing them as they were obviously were left to be picked up later because of the ropes and floats or did the Coast Guard just pick up the product after rescuing the little fellow?

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2017/12/20/video-u-s-coast-guard-discovers-sea-turtle-attached-53-million-dollars-worth-cocaine/