$5 million pesos found near small hamlet in Canada

$5 million pesos found near small hamlet in Canada

I was shocked when I read my local community flyer today so I will copy it word for word."FINDERS KEEPERS .While on a regular walk in _____  ______ Park,Gordon (a local resident) came across a garbage bag.He grumbled about people who litter and picked up the bag.The weight surprised him and the contents felt like bricks.It peaked his curiousity enough for him to look inside the dusty orange bag.To Gordon's surprise it looked as though it was filled with stacks of monopoly money.Pulling out a stack to inspect he chuckled at the idea of finding REAL money in a garbage bag at the park.Confused and unsure he decided to take the bag to the local bank in town where the Bank Manager informed him of the value of his find.Officials were called and notices posted regarding the find in the hopes of returning it to the owner,but after 90 days they had no choice but to return it to Gordon and allow him to keep it all.5 Million Peso's were found inside the bag which is about $350,000.00 Canadian.Gordon Plans on using the money for a summer long canoe trip down the Bow River with his 2 golden retrievers Jane and Ted.What ever is left over should cover an amazing Costco trip says Gordon."     canadiana -    It was found along a riverbank.We had a huge flood 2 years ago where parts of the river changed course.I'm thinking it was hidden and when flood came unearthed it.Would anyone have any idea why that much money would be in pesos in a foreign country?I am thinking stolen in Mexico but takes up too much room to get it here.(No I don't know Gordon but yes I know the Bank Manager).