4 killed in Acapulco yesterday

Nutcase
ACAPULCO, MEXICO
At least four people have been shot and killed in the Pacific resort of Acapulco, which has become a hotspot in Mexico's rising drug violence.

An Associated Press journalist saw the four bodies, including a man who lay on a central avenue in Acapulco in broad daylight Sunday with a pink towel over his face. Pedestrians watched from a footbridge as police secured the scene.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article167033262.html?ref=yfp

Re: 4 killed in Acapulco yesterday

Chava
Saying "a central avenue" makes it sound like it was on the tourist boulevard.

It was not. On a street boarding two dangerous colonias, Zapata and Renacimiento.

Not sure where they speak of for the other 3, but, I'm guessing from the local paper, La Sabana (2) and perhaps Paso Texca.....again, not exactly central Acapulco.

Re: 4 killed in Acapulco yesterday

stevectpa
Some additional details and photos here....not sure they all happened yesterday, but over the weekend and there are more recent incidents.

www.guerreroaldia.ml

http://www.guerreroaldia.ml/2017/08/dejan-un-desmenbrado-en-la-sabana-y-un.html

http://www.guerreroaldia.ml/2017/08/asesinan-un-masculino-y-otro-mas-herido.html

http://www.guerreroaldia.ml/2017/08/dejan-restos-humanos-en-la-progreso.html

Re: 4 killed in Acapulco yesterday

Chava
The last one was at least a week ago......just a follow up

Re: 4 killed in Acapulco yesterday

stevectpa
Unless you catch the stories the day they are posted on guerreroaldia, they drop the date and just leave the time at the top of the story to make it appear to be new news for several days later.

Re: 4 killed in Acapulco yesterday

stevectpa
These two stories were just posted today:

http://www.guerreroaldia.ml/2017/08/dejan-en-vehiculo-tres-desmnbrados-en.html

http://www.guerreroaldia.ml/2017/08/asesinan-un-masculino-en-la-alta-loma.html

Almost every one of these stories start with the same opening paragraph, "After an anonymous call to the emergency 911 number........" in an effort to keep journalists out of the mix for their safety I suppose.

Re: 4 killed in Acapulco yesterday

Chava
I'm sure citizens call the 911 number here....even possibly the person doing the dumping

This site is more current with the dates.

http://www.digitalguerrero.com.mx/instante/dejan-a-tres-hombres-desmembrados-dentro-de-un-vehiculo-en-el-puerto-de-acapulco/

Or even this one: https://www.lorealdeguerrero.tv

Re: 4 killed in Acapulco yesterday

Wow Chava that last link is nothing but body upon body.Guerrero a pretty scary place.A lot seems to happen in Chilpancingo.