36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

El Regio
This from the people that believe you should pay more! lol

36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

How embarrassing this must be for President Obama, whose major speech theme so far this campaign season has been that every single American, no matter how rich, should pay their "fair share" of taxes.

Because how unfair -- indeed, un-American -- it is for an office worker like, say, Warren Buffet's secretary to dutifully pay her taxes, while some well-to-do people with better educations and higher incomes end up paying a much smaller tax rate.

Or, worse, skipping their taxes altogether.

A new report just out from the Internal Revenue Service reveals that 36 of President Obama's executive office staff owe the country $833,970 in back taxes. These people working for Mr. Fair Share apparently haven't paid any share, let alone their fair share.

Previous reports have shown how well-paid Obama's White House staff is, with 457 aides pulling down more than $37 million last year. That's up seven workers and nearly $4 million from the Bush administration's last year.

Nearly one-third of Obama's aides make more than $100,000 with 21 being paid the top White House salary of $172,200, each.

The IRS' 2010 delinquent tax revelations come as part of a required annual agency report on federal employees' tax compliance. Turns out, an awful lot of folks being paid by taxpayers are not paying their own income taxes.

The report finds that thousands of federal employees owe the country more than $3.4 billion in back taxes. That's up 3% in the past year.

That scale of delinquency could annoy voters, hard-pressed by their own costs, fears and stubbornly high unemployment despite Joe Biden's many promises.

The tax offenders include employees of the U.S. Senate who help write the laws imposed on everyone else. They owe $2.1 million. Workers in the House of Representatives owe $8.5 million, Department of Education employees owe $4.3 million and over at Homeland Security, 4,697 workers owe about $37 million. Active duty military members owe more than $100 million.

The Treasury Department, where Obama nominee Tim Geithner had to pay up $42,000 in his own back taxes before being confirmed as secretary, has 1,181 other employees with delinquent taxes totaling $9.3 million.

As usual, the Postal Service, with more than 600,000 workers, has the most offenders (25,640), who also owe the most -- almost $270 million. Veterans Affairs has 11,659 workers owing the IRS $151 million while the Energy Department that was so quick to dish out more than $500 million to the Solyndra folks has 322 employees owing $5 million.

The country's chief law enforcement agency, the Department of Justice, has 2,069 employees who are nearly $17 million behind in taxes. Like Operation Fast and Furious, Attorney General Eric Holder has apparently missed them too.

As with ordinary people, the IRS attempts to negotiate back-tax payment plans with all delinquents, whose names cannot be released. But according to current federal law, the only federal employees who can be fired for not paying taxes are IRS workers.

http://news.investors.com/Article/599002/201201260818/obama-white-house-staff-back-taxes.htm

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

elotero
Typical crap we have been dealing with, tell us to do something but you and your party do whatever you want

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

El Regio
Yes, and that goes for both parties. I am sick of both.
AJ

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

AJ
Obama should not be responsible for every American citizen's actions. He is'nt all knowing and I did'nt know that Democrats were the only ones who were late on their taxes. This is nothing compared to how much the corporations and banks have stolen from the middle-class and the damage that the Bush Administration has caused on the world.

CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

El Regio
ajulio wrote
Obama should not be responsible for every American citizen's actions. He is'nt all knowing and I did'nt know that Democrats were the only ones who were late on their taxes. This is nothing compared to how much the corporations and banks have stolen from the middle-class and the damage that the Bush Administration has caused on the world.
lol you got that right!!!! Finally you say something that makes some sense!

"Obama should not be responsible for every American citizen's actions."

That is exactly why we don't need universal healthcare, or welfare for all... You see Ajulio I knew you would begin to understand.

No I am sure Democrats aren't the only ones late on your taxes, but they sure are first in line to take ours and give ours away. That is the point.

FYI Corporations and banks are not the ones raising our taxes then giving them away. You fail to grasp that connection.

AJ

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

AJ
I understand the less government ideal but out-of-order capitalism is much worse. You give a corporation an inch and they take a country. (lol)

CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

El Regio
ajulio wrote
I understand the less government ideal but out-of-order capitalism is much worse. You give a corporation an inch and they take a country. (lol)
Too much govt. involvement has been the problem, not capitalism.
You should read up on capitalism, GW. Bush was not a capitalist President.

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

Reg-  :)

Ajulio-Oh yes my dear!  It is called "vetting"  and it is what is done for each and every executive position.
taxes, credit checks etc all done.  Even my son for the postion of fire captain had vetting.

Stop defending the bad because then it weakens your argument/challenge.  Each political party has their stinkies, because I am a proud conservative does not mean I can't smell a piece of shit when I confront it.  Like Reg says its in both parties.

AJ

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

AJ
Gotcha Buela.

"Chivis Suenos"
CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

AJ
"Chivis for Suenos"
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

jajajajaja  :)

incognito ....  ..

did you check out BB on twitter?  the new background?  a friend of mine did that...

it is @borderland_beat   (I am the admin)

AJ

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

AJ
Lol. You are all over the place. Always on the move. No such thing as incognito with Buela.

Great job Buela. I had already noticed your touches on all aspects of BB.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

El Regio
Thanks Buela.

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

I have thanked Buggs for keeping me busy during this time of illness.  BUT if everything goes well my 9th surgery on Feb 7th should be the last, or so they say.  Which means I will be in Nicaragua in late March or early April where I am building special education schools.  I will have to pass the torch on some of this stuff but there are plenty of great people here at BB that can do the job!  including you.

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

Pinchegringo
This Obama hand-picked tax evader douchebag says hello

Timmy G says hi

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

El Regio
lol Timmy G
AJ

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

AJ
GOD SPEED BUELA.

Please keep us updated.
CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

AJ

Ricky P says "DUH"
CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

AJ
I just watched the Florida debate and once again, the Four Stooges are biting at each other's asses.

And the funny thing is, They attacked each other on the immigration issue. Not surprised at all.

Mitt Romney cries "My father was born in Mexico. I love the Brown People!" yeah right. The other 95% of the time, Mitt never mentions his Mexican ties.

So Newt accuses Mitt of falsely accusing him of stating that he once said that spanish is the "language of the ghetto".

Then Newt accuses Mitt of investing dirty money into Freddie Mac and Mitt tells him "You also had money invested in Freddie Mac" and Newt replies with "Right" and then they both shut up. (lol)

The lil' Fragile Ron Paul stands their in pain cuz his poor fragile legs can barely handle the excruciating 2 hours while everyone ignores him.

The liberals are now being called "Radicals" by the Tea Baggers because the liberals have had enough of these racist politicians and are now speaking up and attacking these dirty Republicans at their rallies.

Who names their children Mitt and Newt?

The only one that stands a chance with Obama is Mitt Romney. But The others are all weak examples of a politician. It most likely will be the one that the Republicans resisted for so long but really have no other choice......Mitt "the business plunderer" Romney.

Obama's popularity is slightly rising and so is the economy. Watch out Tea Baggers.

CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

If you were fair you would mention that Romney says he would love to claim a Mexico connection but it would be disingenuous.  and it would be.  his father was not a Mexican citizen and never was.  he was born of two American citizens and Mx did not recognize dual citizenship back then, same with my mother she had to pick one.  His father left Mexico at or before the age of 5 and none of them ever spoke Spanish they were not there that long.

there is a comprehensive article about it  in the Chron.  see here http://www.chron.com/news/article/In-campaign-Romney-rarely-notes-Mexican-heritage-2742503.php#page-1
in case you missed one.  I think the entire thing shows how stupid the liberals are to make an issue of nothing when greater questions about Obama could be made and his Marxist keyan father and relatives and undocumented relatives in the US.  I still don't make the connection to him or Romney his father or relatives.  They sound like good people bringing education and employment to Mexicans.
I just don't get it...Ajulio you got to get your info from more places than MSNBC.  and tea baggers is a little out dated term...

as for the debates...gee Joven  do you know what a debate is????  it is not time for mil and cookies...they are fighting each other for a spot to challenge Obama, shit will fly if they are worth their salt.  Make no mistake each and every one of them would vote for each other rather than Obama...

he is the enemy #1

if you are better off now than 4 years ago...and you see your family and friends are...God bless you vote for your man

[...]

http://borderland-beat.924382.n3.nabble.com/36-Obama-aides-owe-833-000-in-back-taxes-tp3691499p3694597.html
To unsubscribe from 36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes, click here.
NAML