3 International Playboy Playmates arrested in Merida (looks like an attempted shakedown)

3 International Playboy Playmates arrested in Merida (looks like an attempted shakedown)

Playboy playmates jailed in Mexico over visas ‘begged for food and water’
The Telegraph

Barney Henderson

14 hrs ago

© Provided by The Telegraph  Three Playboy playmates have described their distress after being jailed in Mexico because authorities believed they did not have correct visas.

Elif Celik from Turkey, Marie Brethenoux from France and American Lauryn Elaine said they were detained for 24 hours and had to beg for food and water.

The three models had been drinking champagne at Playboy’s Music Fest in Merida on June 30, when immigration officers stormed the event in a midnight raid and detained them, Elaine told Fox News.

"We came to Mexico to celebrate each other's company and to gain publicity with our fans by coming to these parties in Meridá and Cancun," Elaine said.

"Around midnight, immigration came and busted into our party when all of us girls were sitting at our VIP tables enjoying champagne and music.

"They then rounded us up into a large room and weeded us all out by checking everyone's IDs."

She said that the three were not being paid for the event.

"We do not get paid for these events so we were wrongfully taken because they abused their authority and thought they could shake down Playboy Mexico by taking us," she said.

She added they were put "in a holding cell cage for almost 24 hours, and we had to beg for food and water.

"Luckily our Playboy Mexico family was extremely quick on taking action."

Playboy Mexico described the incident as a "misunderstanding".

There was no response from Mexican authorities.

The trio took to social media to describe their treatment and relief at being released.

“Even after detention in Merida nothing can stop us!” Brethenoux wrote on Instagram.

“Happy to be out!!!” Elaine wrote. “Being in Mexican Immigration detainment was AWFUL!! They were so mean

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/topnews/playboy-playmates-jailed-in-mexico-over-visas-%e2%80%98begged-for-food-and-water%e2%80%99/ar-BBDJzEp?li=AAggFp5&ocid=iehp