$27,500 "Smart Gun" easily hits targets at 1,000 yards! Has Wi Fi Communications!

$27,500 "Smart Gun" easily hits targets at 1,000 yards! Has Wi Fi Communications!

j.ward
 Tracking Point charges from $22,500 to $27,500 for the different versions of its bolt-action rifle, which has a five-round magazine using .300 or .338 caliber ammunition.

The company hopes to land a contract with the U.S. military. He said that American soldiers could benefit not only from the long-range accuracy, but also the rifle's Wi-fi communications features.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/11/news/companies/trackingpoint-gun/index.html?sr=fb061113smartgun6p

Re: $27,500 "Smart Gun" easily hits targets at 1,000 yards! Has Wi Fi Communications!

La_Sombra
jward wrote

This gun has a lot of cool features however if you look into its targeting system you will realize its ONLY practical for stationary targets because the target lock does not move with a moving target. Wakeup and know what things do people before you get all excited over nothing.

Why always with the negative B.S.? Was anyone getting "excited"? Looks like posting interesting information to me. I can just see these getting into the hands of some of the cartels! This makes even the very worst shooter a spot on marksman so yes its very interesting especially if it can be programmed to fire with the click of a mouse button from anywhere in the world via Wi Fi. I can see this technology advancing to some pretty lethal portable weaponry. Remember Bruce Willis in the movie "The Jackal"? Wi Fi operated portable weaponry come to life.

Re: $27,500 "Smart Gun" easily hits targets at 1,000 yards! Has Wi Fi Communications!

La_Sombra
jward wrote
Why always with the negative B.S.? Was anyone getting "excited"? Looks like posting interesting information to me. I can just see these getting into the hands of some of the cartels! This makes even the very worst shooter a spot on marksman so yes its very interesting especially if it can be programmed to fire with the click of a mouse button from anywhere in the world via Wi Fi. I can see this technology advancing to some pretty lethal portable weaponry. Remember Bruce Willis in the movie "The Jackal"? Wi Fi operated portable weaponry come to life.

I apologize if I came off as being negative. I'm just tired of people on every forum
I'm on trying to pass this gun off as something that its not. I'm sorry for piling you into that group as you weren't passin it off to be the next best thing dice sliced bread like
most everyone else. I do agree that there is alot of potential there. It needs to be able to have satillite access that syncs up to its target for global positioning aswell as movement detection software that would allow the gun to automatically make the calculated adjustments to lock on a moving target for constant direct hits.

Re: $27,500 "Smart Gun" easily hits targets at 1,000 yards! Has Wi Fi Communications!

j.ward
La_Sombra wrote
jward wrote
[...]

I all good my friend... This technology definitely has some scary potential and when it finally makes it into the hands of criminals, well, just use your imagination. Using VHS VCRs for example, the very first ones were huge contraptions and they cost over $1000.00 and look how the technology has evolved all the way to Blu Ray. When I first seen this I immediately thought of the movie "The Jackal".